Use Less (Signe)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else love her?
I think she is really nice and friendly, actually understands what a capsule wardrobe is (Hello, the Anna edit) and does try to make sustainable choices.

Reactions: 5
Love her!!! I find her videos so calming, she’s going to be a great mum

Reactions: 1
I’ve been following her for a few years, i love her and also love the calmness, it seems like such a genuinely cosy lovely life. But anyone else find her clothing style really boring? I love my jeans but no colour, and quite samey throughout the seasons although she definitely knows how to do a capsule wardrobe.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been following her for a few years, i love her and also love the calmness, it seems like such a genuinely cosy lovely life. But anyone else find her clothing style really boring? I love my jeans but no colour, and quite samey throughout the seasons although she definitely knows how to do a capsule wardrobe.
I find her vintage Chanel bag purchase quite interesting. I understand it is a very classic staple but most of her style (in my view) is slightly too casual but not polished enough to include the bag seamlessly. I'm by no means a fashion expert but if I look at someone like Kate Hutchins combining simple style with luxury elements it works a lot better.

Other than that I respect that she actually does own a minimalist wardrobe, provides super helpful guides when she switches things seasonally and addresses her growth and past mistakes.

• Heart
I really like her approach to clothes and dressing and have been following and watching her videos a long time. I do agree with the comment about her style being Quite boring though...
I’m really looking forward to seeing her become a mum!

Reactions: 4
I really like her approach to clothes and dressing and have been following and watching her videos a long time. I do agree with the comment about her style being Quite boring though...
I’m really looking forward to seeing her become a mum!
Do you think she will take a long maternity break ? She seems quiet structured with taking time off from YouTube etc

I really like her and think she and Morten are cute and very real. I appreciate how honest she's been about getting baby things 2nd hand vs getting Ikea things for the office - so not pretending she's 100% perfect, etc.

I do have to say her Acne (pistol boots maybe?) are definitely looking worse for wear and I get she gets them re-soled and wants to stretch the life of things, I find that her capsule wardrobe often looks a bit grubby in the winter because of worn out shoes. I know I might be a bit nit-picky but either pick a grungy approach or more sleek, minimalist profile but that to an extent requires your clothes to look 'sharp', especially if carrying a vintage Chanel bag on your shoulder.

Honestly this is just to reflect, not put her capsule concept and sustainability approach down. It's the types of conversations I can't have in real life, hah! I think she and Morten will be great parents though, and their house seems lovely for a child to grow up in.

I must say I agree with your point about her shoes! Some of her summer shoes look quite tired as well - like the leopard print flats or the Vejas. I guess even with expensive shoes you cannot have them for years and years.

I must say I agree with your point about her shoes! Some of her summer shoes look quite tired as well - like the leopard print flats or the Vejas. I guess even with expensive shoes you cannot have them for years and years.
It is only natural that things get worn out if you've worn them a lot. I can get about 3 years out of my most worn summer and winter shoes (I have crap feet so I do buy quality shoes, I could never wear something from Zara or H&M for instance due to pain/support issues) and that's if I really keep up with cleaning them, making sure I rotate them enough and don't wear them day after day without a break, but they still start to look tired after a while. At that point I tend to keep my old boots for concerts/festivals/going out to a sticky bar (back in ye olden pre covid days sadly) but for every day/work I get new ones. Old sneakers become gardening/dog walking shoes, that sort of thing.

I understand in principle if the shoes are in one piece they're still wearable, but then I think you should keep them for a certain type of more casual outfit and maybe get a new pair for the nicer looks? That's something I'm always wondering - is it wasteful to downgrade something that's technically fine? Or to replace them? For example, my current job has (had?) a more relaxed biz caz clothes environment but my previous one you really had to look polished. Worn out shoes/jackets/bags would be a no go.

That's something I'm always wondering - is it wasteful to downgrade something that's technically fine? Or to replace them?
Oh, that’s always so difficult! I grew up with the idea that once you cannot wear clothes out, they become loungewear. When you cannot wear them as loungewear they become cleaning cloths. And I now hate wearing old things as loungewear even though I know that it is the most sustainable option.
And shoes are so difficult as well. Do you choose leather, which is unethical but will last longer? Do you buy vegan shoes that are made ethically but will never last as long? I wish there was a simple answer 😂

Reactions: 2
Oh, that’s always so difficult! I grew up with the idea that once you cannot wear clothes out, they become loungewear. When you cannot wear them as loungewear they become cleaning cloths. And I now hate wearing old things as loungewear even though I know that it is the most sustainable option.
And shoes are so difficult as well. Do you choose leather, which is unethical but will last longer? Do you buy vegan shoes that are made ethically but will never last as long? I wish there was a simple answer 😂
It really is hard to choose and I agree re: loungewear. Sure I'm happy to delegate some sweaters to that role but a work blouse that's just looking worn or might have a stain - it's not something I reaaaaly want to wear at home for comfort either.

I think in the end we just have to try and make the best choice we can and be mindful of where we buy and for what reason! At least 2020 is on the whole very good for avoiding unnecessary shopping or being tempted by new things... at least from my side.

I’m bumping this thread up because so many people are mentioning her, and, well, she deserves the recognition she’s getting.

The only thing I’m sad about is that she removed her vlogs. Apart from that, she’s doing great work on YouTube and Instagram.

Reactions: 2
Signe *actually* had a capsule wardrobe! I don’t particularly follow that way of dressing but I appreciate that Signe sticks to her values and doesn’t fake capsule dressing like the Anna Edit.

Reactions: 4