US roadtrip

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
heyy! so my boyfriend and i are thinking of going to america this summer and going from LA to NYC/ FL (for disney duh)
My boyfriend of double vaccinated (both moderna) and i can’t workout if this means he is fully vaccinated for the US or if he would have to get his third
also if anyone has any recommendations for places between LA and NYC that would appreciated!

what type of route are you planning on taking? you’re going from west to east coast so really you have the whole of the us between la and nyc 🤣 what type of vibes do you and bf like?

personally, you’re bookending the trip with two really busy cities so i would be tempted to fill the middle with more chilled places as a rest-stop. a list of places i loved in the us are: chicago (my absolute favourite american city, right in the midwest so a perfect stop), tennessee and louisiana (though depends how far south you’re wanting to go), san francisco (an easy stop on your way from la), las vegas (again an easy stop from la) and denver.

philadelphia and seattle are both really cool places but you would have to go up the east coast and then back towards nyc or florida, but philly is pretty close to new york so again, an easy stop! it fully depends on the route you want.

there are so many amazing places in the us, i’m very jealous! (also, hi carlos 🔥)

Reactions: 1
we looked at this and worked out that its pretty much a week of driving 8 hours a day to get from one side of the US to the other... not including any stops or anything, so decided against it as we would rather stop and do/see things instead. We're now looking at a road trip up the west coast

what type of route are you planning on taking? you’re going from west to east coast so really you have the whole of the us between la and nyc 🤣 what type of vibes do you and bf like?

personally, you’re bookending the trip with two really busy cities so i would be tempted to fill the middle with more chilled places as a rest-stop. a list of places i loved in the us are: chicago (my absolute favourite american city, right in the midwest so a perfect stop), tennessee and louisiana (though depends how far south you’re wanting to go), san francisco (an easy stop on your way from la), las vegas (again an easy stop from la) and denver.

philadelphia and seattle are both really cool places but you would have to go up the east coast and then back towards nyc or florida, but philly is pretty close to new york so again, an easy stop! it fully depends on the route you want.

there are so many amazing places in the us, i’m very jealous! (also, hi carlos 🔥)
yeah sorry i forgot to mention that we won’t just be doing LA to NY, we are planning on stopping at different places🤣 also planning on trains + planes haha
we have quite a high budget so will be stopping as much as we can!

omg hey charles!

yeah sorry i forgot to mention that we won’t just be doing LA to NY, we are planning on stopping at different places🤣 also planning on trains + planes haha
we have quite a high budget so will be stopping as much as we can!

omg hey charles!
amazing!

then my personal top five are: chicago, philadelphia, san francisco, boston and seattle. if you’re in the mood and haven’t been AND have a decent budget then absolutely go to vegas.

if you’re doing trains then new york through into new england is really lovely on the train and you can go from grand central!

• Heart
amazing!

then my personal top five are: chicago, philadelphia, san francisco, boston and seattle. if you’re in the mood and haven’t been AND have a decent budget then absolutely go to vegas.

if you’re doing trains then new york through into new england is really lovely on the train and you can go from grand central!
thank you so much! Vegas and Texas are on the list i think for sure!

You know that Texas is a state right? And it is MASSIVE. Are you planning drive south all the way down to Texas? And then drive through the state? How long are you planning for the whole trip?do you both drive?

You know that Texas is a state right? And it is MASSIVE. Are you planning drive south all the way down to Texas? And then drive through the state? How long are you planning for the whole trip?do you both drive?
yes i do, we haven’t decided which part we want to go to yet that’s all
we aren’t driving, planning on trains buses and planes

just be mindful that the temperature in texas will be REALLY hot in the summer (unless you both love the heat!) - i really liked san antonio and houston: didn’t make it to dallas but have heard really good things ☺

just be mindful that the temperature in texas will be REALLY hot in the summer (unless you both love the heat!) - i really liked san antonio and houston: didn’t make it to dallas but have heard really good things ☺
thanks! yeh we’re pretty good with heat - we’ve been to japan and i’ve heard it’s similar on a humidity level!
we have (well i have hehe) decided to go to a NASCAR race in Florida so that’s given us a good anchor point to work around… we’d love to go see a baseball or basketball game at some point, does anyone have any suggestions for good places to watch them? sorry if i sound a bit uneducated on this, america’s a big place so i’m just getting my head around it all😭

thanks! yeh we’re pretty good with heat - we’ve been to japan and i’ve heard it’s similar on a humidity level!
we have (well i have hehe) decided to go to a NASCAR race in Florida so that’s given us a good anchor point to work around… we’d love to go see a baseball or basketball game at some point, does anyone have any suggestions for good places to watch them? sorry if i sound a bit uneducated on this, america’s a big place so i’m just getting my head around it all😭
sorry to keep responding to you all the time 🤣 i’ve just spent a lot of time around the us!

it’s really the wrong time of year of basketball sadly - i think the nba playoffs usually start at the end of april so the regular season will be over and any tickets would be ridiculous prices. it would almost certainly be over by the summer.

baseball season i think is just starting this week - i hate baseball so i can’t say where the best teams etc are though 🤣 in terms of vibes, chicago or boston are real baseball cities and so would be a cool place to watch a game though!

sorry to keep responding to you all the time 🤣 i’ve just spent a lot of time around the us!

it’s really the wrong time of year of basketball sadly - i think the nba playoffs usually start at the end of april so the regular season will be over and any tickets would be ridiculous prices. it would almost certainly be over by the summer.

baseball season i think is just starting this week - i hate baseball so i can’t say where the best teams etc are though 🤣 in terms of vibes, chicago or boston are real baseball cities and so would be a cool place to watch a game though!
no pls do! you’re being super helpful 🤣
that’s really good to know thank you! we’re hoping to go to a travel agent next week so we’re getting together everything we really want to do to see what they can do for us !

• Heart
yes i do, we haven’t decided which part we want to go to yet that’s all
we aren’t driving, planning on trains buses and planes
Ah ok. So it’s not a road trip per se, more just travelling to various places in the country. I get ya. I can’t comment on Texas but more generally I loved Nashville & Memphis and New Orleans.

Ah ok. So it’s not a road trip per se, more just travelling to various places in the country. I get ya. I can’t comment on Texas but more generally I loved Nashville & Memphis and New Orleans.
yeah sorry i didn’t quite know what to call it🤣
I’ve been told good things about new orleans so will be adding that!

We took the train from Houston to LA and it was great, went right along and US / Mexican border. You get a private cabin as well as there being a viewing carriage and the host sits you with different people each meal service. Once we got to LA we flew up to Vegas for a few days which is fab especially if you love people watching, such a bonkers place!. On another trip, we drove from San Francisco down highway 1 and the views are stunning, well worth doing if you get the chance

• Heart
Reactions: 2
We took the train from Houston to LA and it was great, went right along and US / Mexican border. You get a private cabin as well as there being a viewing carriage and the host sits you with different people each meal service. Once we got to LA we flew up to Vegas for a few days which is fab especially if you love people watching, such a bonkers place!. On another trip, we drove from San Francisco down highway 1 and the views are stunning, well worth doing if you get the chance
thank you so much! i think that’s the most appealing thing about the train - the views!!
will definitely look into this thank you again

i have done a cross country road trip in the US for my honeymoon from San Francisco down the California coast and then across all the southern states ending in Florida. Spent 6 weeks and drove the whole journey. I absolutely loved it! Was the best time of my life!
How long are you planning to be there for.
I know your trip will be quite different to mine as you are planning to use public transport but happy to try to offer any advice.

My fam and i did a road trip through California to Vegas. We went from Paso Robles through to Santa Barbara, Malibu, LA, Long Beach, San Diego, a few more places and then to Vegas! It was the best. Like someone said on here before, I 100% recommend Chicago, San Francisco and New York City. I can't offer much more advice but I have recommendations for NYC for food places etc! It's lovely over there, you'll have the best time!

just an update for anyone interested- we’re doing NYC for 4 days, staying at a ranch in Austin for 3 days then actually in austin for 2 days, heading for vegas for 4 days (doing the canyon) and then LA for 7 days (3 exploring then 4 chilling by a beach)!!
if anyone has any must- sees for these places (bar the absolute obvious like the empire state etc) then pls let me know!!!🇺🇸💗