Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Low sperm count which is what the rumour is.
To be honest I think it’s because Michael wanted his kids to be white. I don’t believe the ‘vitiligo’ claims, Michael bleached His skin white and was obsessed with changing his appearance polar opposite to the looks he was born with

Reactions: 14
To be honest I think it’s because Michael wanted his kids to be white. I don’t believe the ‘vitiligo’ claims, Michael bleached His skin white and was obsessed with changing his appearance polar opposite to the looks he was born with
He definitely had vitiligo - it was noted in detail on his autopsy and in his medical records, as was his use of a FDA approved drug for vitiligo to even out the skintone. You can't really blame him for doing it - most people in normal life can't cope with severe disfiguring skin problems - they're psychologically devastating things.

Did Michael Jackson have vitiligo? - Vitiligo Clinic & Research Center (umassmed.edu)

Yes, vitiligo can remove most, if not all, of the pigment in someone’s skin, such that they have no skin color. However that is very rare, and it usually takes many years to do this, with spots appearing during the process. So it’s not likely that vitiligo alone was responsible for his significant transformation in skin color. There is a treatment, though, that can remove the remaining pigment in someone’s skin if they have vitiligo. The treatment is a skin cream called monobenzyl ether of hydroquinone (monobenzone, or Benoquin), and it is, in fact, the only FDA-approved treatment for vitiligo. But in most cases, using this cream doesn’t work unless you have vitiligo, so it is not as simple as someone “wanting to look white” and using the cream. It is a bona-fide vitiligo treatment, approved by the FDA, for people who would rather remove their remaining pigment than continue to look spotted. I have prescribed this for vitiligo patients, and they have always been happy with the results. So it is not too surprising that Michael Jackson would use Benoquin to treat his vitiligo, and this is why he went from having clearly black skin to very white skin. In fact, Oprah commented in an interview after Michael Jackson’s death that he had no pigment in the skin of his hands, that they were essentially translucent. Benoquin would do that, and could do it relatively quickly, after about 12 months of use. From available pictures of Michael Jackson, his skin color seemed to change significantly sometime in the late 1980’s, which would make sense if he was diagnosed in the early 80’s, tried to treat it for a while, and then decided to go the other way and use Benoquin.

Did Michael Jackson have vitiligo? After his death, his autopsy report stated that there were “patches of light and dark pigmented areas” on examination of his skin, and vitiligo was listed as a diagnosis in his medical history. In addition, a tube of Benoquin 20% cream was noted among his medications, revealing that he did use this FDA-approved treatment for vitiligo. He also had a tube of BQ/KA/RA (Benoquin 8%, Kojic acid 1%, and retinoic acid 0.025%), another effective formulation for Benoquin, as well as hydroquinone 8% lotion (which would help to lighten any remaining pigment), and UVA Anthelios XL sunscreen, a good idea for anyone with vitiligo, especially if they had depigmented their skin. Microscopic examination of his skin revealed a lack of pigment and reduced number of melanocytes, which is most consistent with vitiligo, with or without the use of Benoquin, and vitiligo was the official diagnosis on the report. Rare photos of him when his skin was exposed appear to show his depigmented skin, and one (above) shows his largely depigmented arms with some remaining spots of pigment.

So there is no question that Michael Jackson had vitiligo, by his own admission and according to his autopsy after his death. He did appear to use Benoquin to help depigment his skin, but not because he “wanted to be white”, but as an FDA-approved treatment for his vitiligo.
I don't know it's any more different to decide someone with vitiligo who evens out their totally wrecked skintone as a coping mechanism wants to be white than a white person who 'hates being pale' or thinks they 'looks better with a tan' and uses fake tan or bakes themselves in the sun abhors their race and wants to be black.

Reactions: 13
He definitely had vitiligo - it was noted in detail on his autopsy and in his medical records, as was his use of a FDA approved drug for vitiligo to even out the skintone. You can't really blame him for doing it - most people in normal life can't cope with severe disfiguring skin problems - they're psychologically devastating things.

Did Michael Jackson have vitiligo? - Vitiligo Clinic & Research Center (umassmed.edu)

I don't know it's any more different to decide someone with vitiligo who evens out their totally wrecked skintone as a coping mechanism wants to be white than a white person who 'hates being pale' or thinks they 'looks better with a tan' and uses fake tan or bakes themselves in the sun abhors their race and wants to be black.
Michael changed his entire face to remove all his Black features as well, and chose white sperm donors for his kids. That goes way beyond vitiligo.

Reactions: 26
I too used to be a Louis Theroux fan until I started listening to his latest series of podcasts in lockdown. The first few were fine but then he seemed to become obsessed with turning every conversation regardless of the guest around to how he went to Westminster and Oxford and how posh he is 🙄. It was vaguely interesting the first time but then became very tedious very quickly.
Posh?! 😂😂 Did he not grow up in Harlesden? Have you been to Harlesden? I wouldn’t describe it as posh!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Posh?! 😂😂 Did he not grow up in Harlesden? Have you been to Harlesden? I wouldn’t describe it as posh!! 😂😂
I think they moved later on when his dad got more successful. Plus he went to private school and spent his summers in the States with his dad's family.

Edit: I just went and checked the book - it was Catford and they then moved to Wandsworth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Louis is posh and privileged AF. He oozes public schoolboy 😄 His “nice but dim” persona is the sole reason he’s always so great at interviewing his subjects (the Americans especially).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think they moved later on when his dad got more successful. Plus he went to private school and spent his summers in the States with his dad's family.

Edit: I just went and checked the book - it was Catford and they then moved to Wandsworth.
I went the other way- Wandsworth to near Catford. Sadly, we left Wandsworth when it was being gentrified, but Catford was still not posh :LOL: I dont know what its like now!

I’ll never believe Kurt Cobain’s death was by suicide.

There’s no way he was able to shoot him self with the amount of heroin he had in his system , let alone hold the gun and pull the trigger.
The FBI are looking to reopen his case as a possible homicide not suicide
I'm praying this happens as he deserves the truth to come out
Watch the you tube channel AMERICAN SPYFOX it's incredible if you are a fan of Kurt Nirvana & human beings who have a soul🙏🤞😎

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Apparently a London based pop star was arrested earlier in the week for attacking their partner, do we know who it is?

Reactions: 2
I’d like to know why Aedan Duckworth from Hollyoaks who played Olly was recast so quickly? I wonder what he did?

Reactions: 8
Does anyone remember a story in the press not long ago about a footballer who had an affair and was texting her on his honeymoon and wedding day etc? I'd forgotten about it but I'm still really intrigued as to who it was!!

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember a story in the press not long ago about a footballer who had an affair and was texting her on his honeymoon and wedding day etc? I'd forgotten about it but I'm still really intrigued as to who it was!!
We spoke about it in the Wag thread. There is a court case taking place in Sept/ Oct which is likely to name him. The woman at the centre of it said that Ronald has been appalled by his actions which made us wonder if he is Portuguese.

We spoke about it in the Wag thread. There is a court case taking place in Sept/ Oct which is likely to name him. The woman at the centre of it said that Ronald has been appalled by his actions which made us wonder if he is Portuguese.
Ahh I wouldn't think to look there! Fairly new to tattle 🤣

I think I remember from the article that the man in question was British and had been married a particular year which narrowed it down - I think I remember saying to my husband it could be Rio Ferdinand. I know him and Ronaldo both played for Manchester United but wasn't sure of it was at the same time/wether they would be close enough for Ronaldo to make a comment on it?

I look forward to the court case though!

*Edited for spelling!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.