Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The court details for the Ian Watkins case is disturbing reading. I was a LP fan back in the 00’s and was so shocked and disgusted by it all I can’t listen to their music anymore.
The ‘mothers’ who let him do those things to their children and did things to them for his pleasure - well I hope they’re having a hard time in prison and never get to be with their, or any, children again.

• Angry
Reactions: 21
Prince doesn't have vitiligo, he has a birthmark under his armpit that is more prominent when he is tanned. His deranged fans have taken this and ran with it.

I think there is even speculation as to whether Michael actually had vitiligo...his autopsy stated that he had pigment loss, but not the cause.

Vitiligo was listed in his medical history, but then this is the same person whose medical history allowed him to be prescribed surgical-grade medications which killed him.

Michael was known to have used a lot of dangerous and damaging treatments that worked quickly to remove melanin. I honestly don't believe he had it at all. Look at what he did to his face. He was mentally unwell.
I don't believe he had it either. Vitiligo is very patchy. He just went completely white.

Reactions: 7
I actually went to see Lost Prophets live about a month before the news came out. It feels like a proper dirty secret that I keep now. Such a shame cause I liked the band back then but like many others I can’t listen to there music anymore. I don’t think the other band mates knew and I really feel for them.

Also, on Jimmy Savile, I’ve always thought he was like a ted bundy kind of predator. Hidden in plain sight..

However. I always thought he was creepy! But my mum and others said back in the day he was just entertainment.

Reactions: 9
Just to throw in another Ian Watkins story. I actually knew Ian. He was friends with my boyfriend at the time and also in a casual relationship with a good friend. We all knew he smoked a lot of drugs (crack) and he was very sexually off (there used to be pics online of him inserting things in himself) but no one suspected a thing. A lot of our friends even defended him until the truth all came out.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I’m not surprised that Watkins’ friends weren’t aware. Someone I used to know turned out to be a sex offender (he was busted with hard drives full of indecent images of children) and to say I was blindsided would be an understatement. The worst thing is he escaped prison so was able to keep the conviction a secret. I found out a couple of years later and never spoke to him again.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Just to throw in another Ian Watkins story. I actually knew Ian. He was friends with my boyfriend at the time and also in a casual relationship with a good friend. We all knew he smoked a lot of drugs (crack) and he was very sexually off (there used to be pics online of him inserting things in himself) but no one suspected a thing. A lot of our friends even defended him until the truth all came out.
At what point did he go from being “straight edge” to smoking crack?

Reactions: 4
I think it was said somewhere that his dad had him chemically castrated when he was younger to keep his voice high. Then again this is michael Jackson so much mad tit out there
Just to add to this - you can google Michael Jackson's real voice and it's not high at all.

• Wow
At what point did he go from being “straight edge” to smoking crack?
I never knew him back then but certainly when I met him he was openly doing drugs. He seemed to like to shock, like the more crazy the better. He was sleeping with multiple women and my friend knew but would jump at his every word, he clearly had some kind of influence on women. He also had her doing weird tit sexually although nothing illegal.

Reactions: 13
I never knew him back then but certainly when I met him he was openly doing drugs. He seemed to like to shock, like the more crazy the better. He was sleeping with multiple women and my friend knew but would jump at his every word, he clearly had some kind of influence on women. He also had her doing weird tit sexually although nothing illegal.
What weird tit? I'm morbidly curious.

Was your friend the one who went to the police about him?

Reactions: 3
Prince doesn't have vitiligo, he has a birthmark under his armpit that is more prominent when he is tanned. His deranged fans have taken this and ran with it.

I think there is even speculation as to whether Michael actually had vitiligo...his autopsy stated that he had pigment loss, but not the cause.

Vitiligo was listed in his medical history, but then this is the same person whose medical history allowed him to be prescribed surgical-grade medications which killed him.

Michael was known to have used a lot of dangerous and damaging treatments that worked quickly to remove melanin. I honestly don't believe he had it at all. Look at what he did to his face. He was mentally unwell.
it’s not a birthmark he also has vitiligo on his fingers and some small bits on his neck

I don't believe he had it either. Vitiligo is very patchy. He just went completely white.
He was very patchy but he wore white makeup and additionally bleached to make it less noticeable

Attachments

Just to add to this - you can google Michael Jackson's real voice and it's not high at all.
Yeah didn't Lisa minelli say it and I think an English dj? I think it was conrad Murray who originally said it. I could be wrong so much said over the years by so many people

Reactions: 2
it’s not a birthmark he also has vitiligo on his fingers and some small bits on his neck

He was very patchy but he wore white makeup and additionally bleached to make it less noticeable
I know someone who has had vitiligo a long time and their face is almost white now, however their body is patchy. It can accelerate quicker in some more than others. I also knew a lady who now just has a small brown patch of skin on her leg, her entire body has lost it’s colour.

Reactions: 2
Re Ian Watkins - a friends friend was seeing him casually for a while, must have been 2008/09, and he liked to punch her in the face during sex

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I was also a huge Lostprophets fan back in the day and frequented the dragon ninja message boards. Met the band before a show (I would have been 15ish?) and have a photo somewhere with his arm around me. Makes me shudder thinking of it. I can’t listen to their music at all anymore and the thought of what he did makes me feel sick. I do feel for the other band members; I don’t think they knew the extent of depravity.

Reactions: 11
I've always been a really big Louis Theroux fan but have started to notice this side of him more especially in the podcasts he's been doing over lockdown. I did think it was all a bit of a front or a joke though to hide his awkwardness.

I do find it odd how desperate he has been to distance himself from the Saville stuff like in the follow up documentary where he was asking the victims and their families 'should I have known?', making it about him. And the book was very focussed on this despite it not being the most interesting documentary he's done and he brings it up on the podcast a lot.

To me, his constant defensiveness about it is having the opposite effect than he's intending. It feels like he's protesting too much and makes me feel he probably did know more than he put in the original documentary. He should have made a statement at the time then moved on and people would have probably forgotten that he'd done that show but instead he's forever linking himself to Saville.
I’ve been a Louis Theroux fan since the early 2000s; from around the time he switched from Weird Weekends to the “When Louis met…” format. Read both his books and have also sensed in recent years that his public image hides a self-absorbed and extremely ambitious true self. The autobiography focussed too much on his work and the only real revelations were that he was a heavy weed smoker and that he and his wife had couples counselling prior to getting married.

His first wife was pissed that he didn’t inform her of the autobiograhpy:

His fixation with Savile is understandable - he was one of the few people to ask him to his face, on camera about paedophilia rumours. Plus, after When Louis Met Jimmy was aired two women contacted Louis to say that they had been in relationships with Savile when they were teenagers. As he says in the book, he'd met victims whilst Savile was still alive but still felt he hadn't "worked him out" and remained on friendly terms with him. Strange.

Reactions: 15
I too used to be a Louis Theroux fan until I started listening to his latest series of podcasts in lockdown. The first few were fine but then he seemed to become obsessed with turning every conversation regardless of the guest around to how he went to Westminster and Oxford and how posh he is 🙄. It was vaguely interesting the first time but then became very tedious very quickly.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
The mystery of the murder of Jon Benet Ramsey. I think it was her brother, Burke.
I thought that originally too, but then watched an interesting mentalist on YouTube called ‘Observe’ and he seemed to suggest it was the Dad, which I now think is much more likely.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.