Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do they not think that German guy kidnapped her (Madeleine) any more?
I think they still do. However if there was a predator around the hotel, he would have known that groups of children were being kept alone in a room night after night while their parents were getting pissed. It seems that they did the same thing every night from what I remember, so he would have seen a pattern if he'd been stalking the resort for a few nights. I don't believe they checked on them every 30 minutes. What would be the point of all going out together if one of the party was always getting up to check on the kids? You may as well take it in turns as couples to stay in with the kids if you're going to do that. I don't believe they killed her but I do think they were neglectful and lied to cover up their behaviour.

Reactions: 13
Good god. Shoved in a kids club in the day and left unsupervised at night.
Why the duck do these people have kids. Makes my blood boil

No shade to those who use kids clubs but at what point in the holiday did they actually do any parenting??
My thoughts too! Absolutely!

Also (and perhaps because I’m not remotely sporty) but why the need to play tennis when on holiday for a few days in Portugal. Can’t he just play tennis at home? Family holiday…but…try and be with your kids as little as possible. It’s sad. I wonder whether he regrets putting his sporting, wining dining needs above his kids needs. Little kids just want to play or just be with their mum and dad, have their time. Both were doctors so I am assuming both did pretty long hours so you’d think they’d lap up experiencing things with their toddlers?! All three were IVF so a lot of effort clearly went into getting them!

I get that there are many people would use a kids club for a few hours. Definitely see the perks of older kids going to do certain activities etc. But these three were babies. I personally wouldn't. The best bit about parenting, I find, is seeing my young kids’ faces seeing and experiencing things.

Leaving toddlers alone whilst they drank and ate with their equally neglectful friends is simply disgraceful. Would they do this back in Leicestershire, go down the local pub leaving all kids back at home in bed? I do absolutely believe that them being white doctors is why they did not face neglect charges back here. Or was it because the neglect happened abroad? But where was the social services visits for the twins thereafter? Even if no one reported them, it was plastered on the news worldwide that they left their toddlers alone in an unlocked room whilst they were eating and drinking. No thought to make checks on the twins back here? Had they have been Wayne and Shaz in council housing they’d be up tit creek I am sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know of someone who quite rightly had their kids taken off them after leaving them home alone to go out drinking, they live on a council estate and have no money - I don’t know how you would ever imagine leaving your children alone is ok. Whichever country you’re in, under whatever circumstances you just wouldn’t!

My thoughts too! Absolutely!

Also (and perhaps because I’m not remotely sporty) but why the need to play tennis when on holiday for a few days in Portugal. Can’t he just play tennis at home? Family holiday…but…try and be with your kids as little as possible. It’s sad. I wonder whether he regrets putting his sporting, wining dining needs above his kids needs. Little kids just want to play or just be with their mum and dad, have their time. Both were doctors so I am assuming both did pretty long hours so you’d think they’d lap up experiencing things with their toddlers?! All three were IVF so a lot of effort clearly went into getting them!

I get that there are many people would use a kids club for a few hours. Definitely see the perks of older kids going to do certain activities etc. But these three were babies. I personally wouldn't. The best bit about parenting, I find, is seeing my young kids’ faces seeing and experiencing things.

Leaving toddlers alone whilst they drank and ate with their equally neglectful friends is simply disgraceful. Would they do this back in Leicestershire, go down the local pub leaving all kids back at home in bed? I do absolutely believe that them being white doctors is why they did not face neglect charges back here. Or was it because the neglect happened abroad? But where was the social services visits for the twins thereafter? Even if no one reported them, it was plastered on the news worldwide that they left their toddlers alone in an unlocked room whilst they were eating and drinking. No thought to make checks on the twins back here? Had they have been Wayne and Shaz in council housing they’d be up tit creek I am sure.
There was also evidence from two other doctors who had been with most of the Tapas 7 on a previous holiday that there were things that they weren't happy with concerning the children so they didn't go again with the group again. She apparently insisted that her husband stayed with their children as another father bathed everyone's children together. But that seems to have been buried, especially as I don't think these other two are white.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
The sad thing is the continent is so family friendly. I used to go to Spain with my mum and dad at the same age and restaurants and even bars were really welcoming to families. There was absolutely no need to leave them on their own

The sad thing is the continent is so family friendly. I used to go to Spain with my mum and dad at the same age and restaurants and even bars were really welcoming to families. There was absolutely no need to leave them on their own
Yeah, and they could have easily eaten in the apartment with their friends - cook, order a takeaway or bring up the tapas in a package, I'm sure the tapas restaurant would have accommodated that.

Someone knew those children were being left night after night, someone saw the restaurant booking

Reactions: 9
There was also evidence from two other doctors who had been with most of the Tapas 7 on a previous holiday that there were things that they weren't happy with concerning the children so they didn't go again with the group again. She apparently insisted that her husband stayed with their children as another father bathed everyone's children together. But that seems to have been buried, especially as I don't think these other two are white.
I vaguely recall this, something to do with an odd gesture the other father made around his nipple, can't recall if it was on the holiday or another event. I didn't hear much more about it after. Not sure though would this man have had the opportunity to harm Madeleine that night, but the tapas bar timeline is so messed up its hard to tell.

Re Christian Brueckner, everything gone quiet on that front, publically at least... Wonder what is happening. Maybe the cops didn't get the breakthrough they needed from the last appeal, sounded like they were close to making a charge but needed final jigsaw pieces

Reactions: 4
I vaguely recall this, something to do with an odd gesture the other father made around his nipple, can't recall if it was on the holiday or another event. I didn't hear much more about it after. Not sure though would this man have had the opportunity to harm Madeleine that night, but the tapas bar timeline is so messed up its hard to tell.

Re Christian Brueckner, everything gone quiet on that front, publically at least... Wonder what is happening. Maybe the cops didn't get the breakthrough they needed from the last appeal, sounded like they were close to making a charge but needed final jigsaw pieces
The woman who made these allegations is called Kathleen Gaspar. Her testimony is what absolutely made my mind up about the case.

Reactions: 2
Someone knew those children were being left night after night, someone saw the restaurant booking
K McC said in her book that the restaurant reservation book was open on the desk all the time so anyone could see. She seemed horrified, but I was more horrified about her negligence of the kids.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.