Unpopular opinions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mod edit.
Trigger warning, you may not like the opinions posted.
Do not argue with other members, if it breaks a rule, report.
thank you.

I'm going to start us off with a very unpopular one. it goes down like a lead balloon every year.

FB local groups crying about the fireworks and their scared pets.

As a pet owner, it's your duty to get your pet used to sudden loud noises or at least don't let your pet think they need to be scared of loud bangs.

Don't soothe them, don't fuss them, every time you hear a loud bang laugh or just don't react and let them see that everything is fine.

I have never had an animal scared of fireworks and even those I got from rescues that were nervy were soon right as rain because I didn't let them believe they were right to be scared. I had a very scared corgi and by the end of the evening of the village fireworks, she was watching from the window .. Same as two of my cats last night watching at the window one only a tiny kitten the other cat was out and about but if he were in he would just go to sleep and not even bother looking anymore (he is way to cool in his older age)

Same with kids, let your kids think spiders are scary and they will be scared, let them think storms are scary they will be scared. be noisy when your kids are sleeping and your kids sleep through anything, be a very quiet with the kids are sleeping and kids will wake up at the slightest noise.

Obviously, sometimes there are exceptions to any rule, but for the majority these tactics work

What unpopular opinions do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
Pumpkin patches are a rip off and waste of time. It's an Instagram thing. There's a great opportunity for farms to do a one to buy and one to eat deal, and promote pumpkin as something edible and not disposable.

• Heart
Reactions: 116
Pumpkin patches are a rip off and waste of time. It's an Instagram thing. There's a great opportunity for farms to do a one to buy and one to eat deal, and promote pumpkin as something edible and not disposable.
Never heard of a pumpkin patch but..

As someone who eats low-carb, Pumpkin buying in bulk this time of year is amazing and so cheap. I love roast pumpkin, pumpkin mash, pumpkin pie

But like everything now it's hyped and a huge money-spinner and sadly a food waster.

Reactions: 12
Liking your house to be clean doesn't mean that you have "OCD".
Being nervous before a job interview, or when meeting new people doesn't mean that you have "anxiety". Being anxious at potentially stressful times, is a perfectly normal human emotion, it's not always a mental health issue*.

Botox doesn't make you look younger, you just look like an old person with Botox.

Adele is really boring and most of her songs are quite forgettable.

The majority of young women who label themselves as "bisexual", have never had, nor never will have, a sexual relationship with another woman.

*Of course, sometimes it is a mental health condition, and should be treated as such. But not always.

• Heart
Reactions: 133
There isn't enough space on this thread 😂
Almost every opinion I have is unpopular. Not buying into any of the current trends of "climate change" "covid" "blm" "activists" etc etc 🤚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I hate Adele.

I hate Ed Sheeran.- both over rated and warblers

I don't have the patience to wait for Rosie Jones to tell a joke. I know she has a disability and I am sorry but she annoys me so much.

Climate change activists.

Instagram home accounts. Just show thieves how your house looks from the inside and where all your pretty things live, how your locks look from the inside. Idiots.

Everyone now has a mental health issue. No you don't, you just didn't get as many likes as your mate on a insta pic or you are on a coke binge comedown. (Please note I am aware many people do have MH issues including myself but it's too easy to say you do and take a selfie whilst having an apparent episode! See..Vicky Pattison, Lauren Goodger.

God I have so many but I may annoy!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77
Autumn is overrated. Who wants to slip on soggy leaves?

Pumpkin spiced food and drinks are disgusting.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I hate Halloween, I don't understand how all these people that bang on about food waste seem ok with carving pumpkins and then throwing them in the woods for all the wildlife! I just don't get it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Why do they also say Happy Halloween like its Christmas, birthday or something?????

The # making memories - drives me mad if you're so busy posting to Instagram then aren't you missing the memory???? Get off the phone and just enjoy your time with your family!!!!

It really annoyes me when people post the photos of "birthday preparations" the night before the child's birthday! It seems that every little thing has been wrapped up to show off how many gifts they have got! Same goes for Christmas too!!!!! It's even worse when adults do it as part of the "thanks for all your birthday love" 🤮 and it's all the gifts they got.... Just far to show off for me and I just think it's a bit self centred, and me me me.

Sorry for the rant 🙊

Reactions: 53
Breastfeeding Mums who try and shove the fact they breast feed down your throat with a pic of their boob on show every single day - I’m not arsed you breastfeed. And I’m not arsed if you formula feed. Just feed your child

People going on about Christmas since September/October - snoozefest

people who make liking something their only personality trait. Like (some) people who like the tv show Friends. I don’t care. I don’t even mind it but it’s not THAT good

also people who don’t like something making the fact they don’t like something their only personality trait. ‘I don’t like Nandos it’s soooo over rated’ ooooh you’re hard

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
So many... I'll start with the biggest one.

No man should be obliged to pay for a child he didn't consent to have. #LaurenGoodman

It's your body, your decision to have an abortion. No one can be forced to become a parent but men should have a say in the process. What do you do after is on you... If he makes it clear he is not on board for whatever reason and you decide to keep the pregnancy don't go asking for money, trying to force him to have a relationship with said child years later.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
All of the big holidays, Halloween, Christmas, Easter etc are now expected to be a massive show for the gram. For example, for Halloween your expected to go pumpkin picking, have expensive outfits and grazing tables, and if you don’t, well what a sorry excuse of a parent we must be 🤣 It’s exhausting and the very reason why I deleted Instagram. Everyone is just in competition with one another.

Autism and ADHD are massively over diagnosed.
Completely agree! I’m always too scared to say this one. But it is SO true!

Last edited:
Reactions: 49
The pronoun and sexuality alphabet soup, and the slow erasure of women’s rights to make way for them. We’ve reached the point where I can no longer call myself a mother, a pregnant woman, a breastfeeder, a girl on her period, etc. I can’t be a woman in this world anymore and refer to myself in womanly ways without people across the globe being offended by my womanhood. Men, however, are untouched.

Edit: Oh, and I think Adele’s comeback song is tit and forgettable.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 139
I dont believe TWAW or TMAM for that matter. I'd be perfectly polite, call them what they want to be called, but I dont believe you can change biology.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
DLA cars are a joke. I have absolutely no issue with genuine disabled individuals getting support to purchase a car which will support their mobility needs, however I know a mum who falsely claims that her 3 children are Autistic/ADHD and she has just got a brand new BMW convertible on DLA. She isn’t the only one I know of either who rinses the system.
Do you seriously know how hard it is to get disability benefits?

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.