Unpopular Opinions #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last discussing loving other peoples children and babies being parasites.

We got very close to calling a 'Fig Roll' time out.

Continue here ....

Reactions: 8
I think colour is too often viewed negatively and seen as childish, tacky, garish, annoying etc. while "neutrals" are considered a sign of good taste. I read a book about this a while back, there is a long history of denigration of colour. I personally love it, I just find it so dull to see so many people wear boring browns/blacks/greys/whites and houses all painted the same colour etc. as it would supposedly devalue the house otherwise

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Thanks for the new thread @FenellaTheWitch people :)

My UO is Crocs may be comfortable, but even people with the tiniest feet look like Coco the Clown wearing them.
That's ok. I feel like I start a lot of new threads. I hope people don't think I jump at it as some sort of power trip! I just find on a lot of the threads I follow no one seems to want to start new ones.

I agree with you about Crocs too.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Thinking Crocs are ugly isn’t an unpopular opinion, it’s a fact. Personally I find them really uncomfortable too

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I love my crocs but I'm under no illusion. They are duck ugly. I wear them anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think colour is too often viewed negatively and seen as childish, tacky, garish, annoying etc. while "neutrals" are considered a sign of good taste. I read a book about this a while back, there is a long history of denigration of colour. I personally love it, I just find it so dull to see so many people wear boring browns/blacks/greys/whites and houses all painted the same colour etc. as it would supposedly devalue the house otherwise
I’ve said this before but I love bright colours, in my home and on myself. I don’t care if I’m labelled tacky and garish, I’m happy and my house is a proper lived in family home that we all love.

If people actually like grey, black, beige, fair enough, but if they’re wearing it or decorating their homes with it to blend in and feel safe, that’s sad.

Now pass me my neon pink pashmina, it’s getting a bit nippy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I’ve said this before but I love bright colours, in my home and on myself. I don’t care if I’m labelled tacky and garish, I’m happy and my house is a proper lived in family home that we all love.

If people actually like grey, black, beige, fair enough, but if they’re wearing it or decorating their homes with it to blend in and feel safe, that’s sad.

Now pass me my neon pink pashmina, it’s getting a bit nippy.
In my experience, I've always found homes with a bit of colour and personality much more welcoming and cheerful. I'm with you 100%!

Reactions: 4
I hate the current fashion of having all your clothes in the same dull cream or poop brown. It's so dull.

Reactions: 15
OMG how have I missed all these threads 🧵

People should be more direct about their feelings and what they want. Cut the BS. If that’s a bit rude, so be it.

Reactions: 12
I thought lilac had made a comeback this year.🙂
Oh yeah I have seen that, and a lime green. It's not so much the colours I mind, it's the fashion of only wearing one colour. So lilac leggings, lilac sliders, lilac top, lilac jumper. It looks weird.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.