Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I didn’t know this!
maybe there should just be a plug you can shove up there 😕 can’t science come up with something that makes it’s all come out in one go or something…

there is nothing “empowering” about bleeding or breastfeeding. 😐
There are contraception pills that can be used back to back to stop monthly bleeding for 3/4 months at a time. You can get breakthrough bleeding but it's like water!

Reactions: 1
If you artificially stop the bleeding when you’re younger does it mean the menopause is delayed and you’ll bleed for longer when you’re older? What triggers menopause !

Reactions: 2
There are contraception pills that can be used back to back to stop monthly bleeding for 3/4 months at a time. You can get breakthrough bleeding but it's like water!
Not really relevant to this thread lol but at 44 I had an endometrial ablation. Yes it is as icky as it sounds. I was bleeding for 12 weeks at a time beforehand. Period pants would NOT have worked 👀. Hurt for days after but my god was it a relief. No more bleeding at all. However they only did it to me cos my kids were 25, 23 & 21 and I was finished 🤣🤣
5yrs on I’m away to hit menopause. Ffs. Hide the knives

If you artificially stop the bleeding when you’re younger does it mean the menopause is delayed and you’ll bleed for longer when you’re older? What triggers menopause !
Menopause is triggered by reduction in oestrogen and therefore you eventually stop ovulating. You're basically born with all the eggs you will ever release, but they deplete rapidly as we age. Ovary damage or anything that stops oestrogen (over-exercising, chemo, starvation etc.) can cause menopause at any age. It's unlikely the pill will cause this but I wouldn't recommend you artificially stop too often as it can cause stroles, blood clots and womb cancer from excessive thickening of the endometrial layer (which sheds when you bleed). Save it for special occasions (I did it for my honeymoon).

Not really relevant to this thread lol but at 44 I had an endometrial ablation. Yes it is as icky as it sounds. I was bleeding for 12 weeks at a time beforehand. Period pants would NOT have worked 👀. Hurt for days after but my god was it a relief. No more bleeding at all. However they only did it to me cos my kids were 25, 23 & 21 and I was finished 🤣🤣
5yrs on I’m away to hit menopause. Ffs. Hide the knives
It stopped your periods completely?

Reactions: 4
I don’t think I’ve had a period or a McDonald’s in about 15 years…..

I’ve just managed to merge two topics of conversation 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I don’t think I’ve had a period or a McDonald’s in about 15 years…..

I’ve just managed to merge two topics of conversation 😂
Also not had a period in about 15 years. Never want to have one again. Pointless, horrible things!

Reactions: 7
Menopause is triggered by reduction in oestrogen and therefore you eventually stop ovulating. You're basically born with all the eggs you will ever release, but they deplete rapidly as we age. Ovary damage or anything that stops oestrogen (over-exercising, chemo, starvation etc.) can cause menopause at any age. It's unlikely the pill will cause this but I wouldn't recommend you artificially stop too often as it can cause stroles, blood clots and womb cancer from excessive thickening of the endometrial layer (which sheds when you bleed). Save it for special occasions (I did it for my honeymoon).

It stopped your periods completely?
Yep. Occasional spotting. Nothing more 😂

What if they were like 18?
What if they learn the error of their ways.
People change. No one gets behind the wheel drunk thinking I don't care if I kill myself or someone else. They do it because they are reckless or think it will be ok.

Drink drivers can learn and change. Locking someone away for life is surely for people that will always pose a risk to society and so can't be let out. Why destroy two lives because someone made a stupid mistake?

Im not saying there should be no punishment, but I don't think I would even give a prison centance for drink driving, let alone a life one. What's the point.
It is 2022 everyone knows you should not drive drunk. If a 18 year killed innocent people yes I think they should get life. I do not care about destroying the life of a murderer. The only people who seem to defend them are ones who do the same thing or know someone who does it.

Reactions: 11
It is 2022 everyone knows you should not drive drunk. If a 18 year killed innocent people yes I think they should get life. I do not care about destroying the life of a murderer. The only people who seem to defend them are ones who do the same thing or know someone who does it.
Tbh I think the 18yr old would be less likely to take the wheel drunk that the 40/50 + yr old

Tube tying isn't even a particularly effective contraception either and requires written agreement from 2 consultants in the UK. I tried and was refused by 3!
This is definitely not an unpopular opinion but the above is pure bullshit and shouldn't be allowed to be the way it is. Adult women should be allowed to make their own decisions about their bodies if they know they aren't going to have kids! I'm 33 and can't have my tubes tied - I'm not going to change my bleeping mind now ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I take the pill back to back so I don't get periods.
My doctor said its OK.. I don't think it delays my menopause or anything like that.
I get horrendous period pains, usually only the first 48 hours. I could wake up in the middle of the night with aches or feel really nauseous and groggy.
My pill costs 4e per month which is the price of brand tampons, couldn't be dealing with pads.

On the note of drink driving, anyone I knew who did it as an 18/19 year old grew out of it (copped on before they got caught or before something bad happened).
I am from a rurul town but live in a city now, when I drive home I can see our local is full of cars but when I drive passed it at 6am the following day, there isn't a car outside. Trust me, there are no people under 30 years old drinking in this pub 😂 drink driving was legal for decades (Ireland) and our older generations would remember the days where you could drive home smashed.
People drink drive because they know 9/10 times they can get away with it, especially in rural areas. If people thought they were more likely to be caught then not caught, they wouldn't do it. I think more checkpoints with random breathalysers would reduce DD then a murder sentence.

Reactions: 4
Contouring makeup tutorials are getting out of control. If it takes me 15 minutes to watch you do it time lapsed, using 27 different shades and 19 different brushes, just no. I’d rather walk around looking like a foot thanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This is definitely not an unpopular opinion but the above is pure bullshit and shouldn't be allowed to be the way it is. Adult women should be allowed to make their own decisions about their bodies if they know they aren't going to have kids! I'm 33 and can't have my tubes tied - I'm not going to change my bleeping mind now ffs
The reason why they do this is because they don't want the responsibility of you changing your mind later on. Apparently we women don't know our own minds at all and of course all 3 consultants were...drum roll please...MALE!

Reactions: 10
After every use and obvs period pants aren't for heavy days. They have to be washed in cold water or 30degrees otherwise they loose their absorbency

I used to be grossed out about re-usable period products until I tried re-usable pads. They are made from cotton or bamboo so more breathable and it's not actually as gross as you thing
M&S have heavy day period pants. £12 each but more affordable then modibodi. I used resuable pads for more then a year switching to the pants was so much better but the drying time is long.

Also UO and the similar to what you said is period poverty.
I just can't work that out when you can buy a pack of own brand pads for less than a pound, or a branded double pack for a pound in shops like Savers.

I've been skint, like properly on my arse skint, but I brought own brand pads.
In fact I lived on own brand or value everything during that time. Having no money doesn't mean you need to be unhygienic, it means you go without one thing to afford another.
That chocolate bar is your feminine hygiene that's week, or the bar of soap is your packet of crisps
When people 1st started talking about period poverty, I thought they meant in the developing world. But people talk about it here. Which in with you, I don't really get.

On MN I've heard people claim it's not about the sanitary products, but the pain, ruined pants and sheets, chocolate for comfort.

Maybe I'm just a skank, but I've never thrown away and replaced somthing because of a blood stain. Give it a scrub and a wash and use those pants on your next period. Pain killers and chocolate are hardly expensive. And not an actual necessity. And if you really can't afford your period. Why not go to the gp or clinic and get something to stop your period.

It just doesn't really make sense to me in this country. I guess if your using a food bank then it makes sense to get sanitary stuff too. But that's not period poverty, that's poverty poverty And shouldn't be happening in this country.

As a side note, I've worked in credit control and credit management and the only people I've ever come across that have properly no money are unpaid carers and people here illegally. Everyone else has just managed their money badly and are paying everything to creditors (which you don't actually have to do if you can't feed yourself).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When people 1st started talking about period poverty, I thought they meant in the developing world. But people talk about it here. Which in with you, I don't really get.

On MN I've heard people claim it's not about the sanitary products, but the pain, ruined pants and sheets, chocolate for comfort.

Maybe I'm just a skank, but I've never thrown away and replaced somthing because of a blood stain. Give it a scrub and a wash and use those pants on your next period. Pain killers and chocolate are hardly expensive. And not an actual necessity. And if you really can't afford your period. Why not go to the gp or clinic and get something to stop your period.

It just doesn't really make sense to me in this country. I guess if your using a food bank then it makes sense to get sanitary stuff too. But that's not period poverty, that's poverty poverty And shouldn't be happening in this country.

As a side note, I've worked in credit control and credit management and the only people I've ever come across that have properly no money are unpaid carers and people here illegally. Everyone else has just managed their money badly and are paying everything to creditors (which you don't actually have to do if you can't feed yourself).
When I was in secondary school a girl I knew was given 2 sanitary towels per day from her mum. We'd have given her some of ours if she asked but she was often too embarrassed to ask. It wasn't the case that she was asking for chocolate or new knickers every time she leaked, she just wanted enough products to see her through her period.

In school I think sanitary products should be given no questions asked to help people like her who had no means of buying their own. It's not always a case of mismanaging money.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
No one cares about your wedding.

Even your sister/mum/bridesmaid/best mate etc. Have their limits and there is only so much people can hear about bridesmaids dresses without wanting to cut their ears off.

ETA nor do I want to pencil in a Saturday in the middle of July to go look are bridesmaid dresses etc. Just buy what you want and I will wear it. Of course I'm free on that date now, but I can think of 100 things I would rather do than that on a nice sunny Saturday in July
im just wondering if I wrote this 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.