Unorthodox (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, it was very good. How those ultra orthodox religions treat women is hideous.

Reactions: 1
I found the ending quite bitter sweet. She had her freedom but that would soon evaporate once the baby arrives. I found the name Yanky quite distracting but I guess it suited his character.
I adored the student characters, found them all so watchable and interesting. Would watch a show all about them.

Reactions: 3
I didn't think it was great at all! I was interested in their lifestyle but I found it hard to believe the students would have accepted her so easily. And then it just ended! Very strange

Reactions: 5
Decided to watch the first couple of minutes yesterday but to see if it looked like something I’d be interested in watching during lockdown. 4 hours later I’d Finished watching it. I thought it was rally interesting and brilliantly done. I really really hope there will be a second season so we can see how Esty deals with her new life long term.

Reactions: 10
Decided to watch the first couple of minutes yesterday but to see if it looked like something I’d be interested in watching during lockdown. 4 hours later I’d Finished watching it. I thought it was rally interesting and brilliantly done. I really really hope there will be a second season so we can see how Esty deals with her new life long term.
I liked it! It was defiantly interesting learning of another culture which doesn’t get spoken about! I’ve always seen them in airports and Im so intreaged but that series has taught me now 😂 it’s very Amish?

Reactions: 2
Came in to see if anyone was watching this. I watched 2 episodes last night and will watch the rest this evening. So interesting, so weird. Is it true to life? Kinda blew my mind!

Came in to see if anyone was watching this. I watched 2 episodes last night and will watch the rest this evening. So interesting, so weird. Is it true to life? Kinda blew my mind!
Yes it’s based on a book written by real life Etsy but I haven’t read it so can’t compare!

Im absolutely hooked, I knew it was bad but never that bad. I’ve brought the book it was based on and can’t wait to read it. The Netflix documentary One of us is also worth a watch.

Reactions: 4
Me too!

I really enjoyed it and spent a while reading up on the culture after. The 20 minute behind the scenes episode was interesting too.

There's another documentary on Netflix called 'One of Us' about Hasidic Jews that I'll be watching next.
I’ve put this in my to watch list!

If you enjoyed this may I recommend a series called Shtisel. It's also on Netflix.
I watched the first half of the first series but found after a couple of episodes it just wasn’t grabbing my attention. Is it worth holding on and watching all the way through??

I watched the first half of the first series but found after a couple of episodes it just wasn’t grabbing my attention. Is it worth holding on and watching all the way through??
It does start slowly but it gets quite dramatic as it goes on. Stuff happens lol.

Reactions: 2
I was really disappointed with how it ended. I usually avoid watching these things as they are usually created/directed by people who have no inside knowledge and cling to stereotypes. I don't want to post any spoilers but there has been quite a lot of criticism from ex-Satmar jews who said it was very unrealistic and othering. I thought the way she rocked up in Berlin and suddenly became best friends with everyone and was so widely accepted to be very far fetched.

So disappointed with the ending! I wonder if there’ll be a second series 🤔 I’ll try One of Us next as I found it so interesting.

Reactions: 4
The ‘sex‘ scenes where they have to wear those costumes in bed - extraordinary!

• Sad