Unorthodox (Netflix)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are two threads for this!

I loved it, watched the whole thing in an evening. There's a 'making of' on Netflix which i'm yet to watch but should be interesting.

Reactions: 1
No apparently there are no plans for another series.
In a newly published interview the actor who played Yanky says they would all love to make another series.

I think it needs one as obviously they will want the child like they did with her mother (and the real life story it is based on).

Reactions: 2
In a newly published interview the actor who played Yanky says they would all love to make another series.

I think it needs one as obviously they will want the child like they did with her mother (and the real life story it is based on).
Yes I think it needs another series. It wasn't fair leaving the viewer hanging like that!

Reactions: 3
The show is based on the authors experiences and she's still only 33 years old so maybe leave it another decade then follow on.

The Hasidic sect/branch are still new on the block in biblical terms. I'm Jewish and the Hasidic bunch ain't good at social mingling if your not in their club.

Reactions: 2
The show is based on the authors experiences and she's still only 33 years old so maybe leave it another decade then follow on.

The Hasidic sect/branch are still new on the block in biblical terms. I'm Jewish and the Hasidic bunch ain't good at social mingling if your not in their club.
I would say it's loosely based on the author's experience. This is her story:

Feldman says that the birth of her son was a turning point regarding staying in the Hasidic community: "I saw my future all mapped out... I freaked out at the knowledge that I have the responsibility and guilt of putting everything I saw as my oppression into an innocent person." Feldman lied to her husband saying she wanted to take business classes so she could supplement his income, and in 2006, she and her husband moved out of Williamsburg and she began to study literature at Sarah Lawrence College in Yonkers.[2]

Once in school she "made a beeline" for a college degree to connect her with the outside world. She began to speak out and "open my mind." She also began to wear jeans and high heels, breaking the strict Hasidic dress code. In 2010, she took her son, left her husband, and cut all ties with the Hasidic community.[4] She lived for two months with friends, and consulted with lawyers to make sure she didn't lose custody of her son. As of 2012, Feldman had not seen or spoken to any of her family since 2006.[2]

I watched a documentary on Netflix on 3 adults trying to leave the Hasidic community, it was quite a sad watch to be honest. X

Ive worked in a couple of places with many hasidic customers and their social skills were really lacking. Their sense of community fascinates me.

Watched this the other day. It starts off okay but the Berlin scenes are all terrible. Makes Berlin look like some Disney meets Harry Potter type wonderland