Unjadedjade #9 nature gahl and her latest scam, fluent in german cause she’s been to amsterdam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean I am and forever will be haunted by this smile, but other than that these are just screenshots of a clearly fitness/dance/movement related story. The setting is clearly "professional", so I don't see the need to consider them part of a cult. If I encountered her like this walking through a lonely forrest - completely different story - but as it is, I would feel much more comfortable focussing on Jade and not scrutinizing her mums "professional content".
nooo I don’t mean a cult in literal meaning, I mean more like, this is what I imagine would happen during a cult like ritual. Like the cult of casual magic and this is the ritual where they do the massive smile the entire time because everything is magical (including the breeze on the leaves after you nearly get harassed in the woods)

Reactions: 1
0F75134D-5E8F-443F-8206-E5446C76480E.jpeg

I haven’t actually kept up with Jade for months but jeez trust her to ignore the controversy around CMBYN.

Reactions: 11
Why can't she just read without needing to show it off to the public? Ridiculous

Reactions: 14
View attachment 644877
I haven’t actually kept up with Jade for months but jeez trust her to ignore the controversy around CMBYN.
What's the controversy around CMBYN? I love the book and used to love the film. If you are referring to the Armie Hammer carcrash of a debacle, I don't see why it should affect the book. But maybe I've missed something.

I mean I am and forever will be haunted by this smile, but other than that these are just screenshots of a clearly fitness/dance/movement related story. The setting is clearly "professional", so I don't see the need to consider them part of a cult. If I encountered her like this walking through a lonely forrest - completely different story - but as it is, I would feel much more comfortable focussing on Jade and not scrutinizing her mums "professional content".
Agreed! Also, it might come off as "weird" from our pov but i'm assuming her audience is around her age and probably do genuinely appreciate her content. As long as its not problematic, I don't see the point in commenting on her posts

What's the controversy around CMBYN? I love the book and used to love the film. If you are referring to the Armie Hammer carcrash of a debacle, I don't see why it should affect the book. But maybe I've missed something.
I'm assuming they were talking about the age difference and the fact that Oliver is essentially grooming Elio (and the fact that it is one of the most well-known media with mlm representation (men loving men, not juice plus lmao) and some people think that because of this, and the aforementioned grooming, it perpetuates the idea that queer people are inherently predatory). I honestly don't think Jade is obliged to address this though, she is not lgbtq+ (as far as i know), so why should she insert herself into the conversation and it seems like she hasn't even gotten that far into the book yet (she might still address it later on)

Reactions: 14
I'm assuming they were talking about the age difference and the fact that Oliver is essentially grooming Elio (and the fact that it is one of the most well-known media with mlm representation (men loving men, not juice plus lmao) and some people think that because of this, and the aforementioned grooming, it perpetuates the idea that queer people are inherently predatory). I honestly don't think Jade is obliged to address this though, she is not lgbtq+ (as far as i know), so why should she insert herself into the conversation and it seems like she hasn't even gotten that far into the book yet (she might still address it later on)
Thanks for the explanation! :) I heard about those points, but wasn't aware - although generally keeping up with "LGBTQ+ topics" (sounds stupid, but I lack a better expression due to the late hour, excuse me) - that they were that agreed upon and felt like enough LGBTQ+ outlets I follow actually praised the book / film when it came out. But then again, I don't identify as LGBTQ+ and so it isn't on me to make the decision what is offensive and not. I will most certainly look into it more, before further recommending the book. But I guess, being able to identify on this one with Jade (ough never identified with anyone less enthusiastically 🙈), I just wanted to weigh in an say: It wasn't that obviously controversial to me and I hope that - while she can be approached with rage and anger on other points if it's up to me - somebody could offer her those insights without outright condemning her (not saying that anyone here did this).

Reactions: 2
Agreed! Also, it might come off as "weird" from our pov but i'm assuming her audience is around her age and probably do genuinely appreciate her content. As long as its not problematic, I don't see the point in commenting on her posts

i was thinking someone would bring this up. Not to go OT I think we need to be careful about how we discuss literature. We shouldn’t say that only books that are in line with society’s morality should be considered good and to be read. This book represents a situation that has happened to many people. It has resonated with so many- culturally this is very common in European countries. To dismiss and condemn it, and to say it shouldn’t be read, is not only dismissive of these people’s lived experiences, saying their lives are too taboo to be discussed by the public, but also cuts off a huge number of some of the greatest works or art. You don’t have to agree with the morals of every book. You shouldn’t. But to dismiss any book that isn’t in line with YOUR morality is dangerous. We need to be exposed to things we disagree with. We shouldn’t be burning every book we deem as problematic, because the real world we live in, not the fake world that exists on social media, does not shy away from problematic events.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thanks for the explanation! :) I heard about those points, but wasn't aware - although generally keeping up with "LGBTQ+ topics" (sounds stupid, but I lack a better expression due to the late hour, excuse me) - that they were that agreed upon and felt like enough LGBTQ+ outlets I follow actually praised the book / film when it came out. But then again, I don't identify as LGBTQ+ and so it isn't on me to make the decision what is offensive and not. I will most certainly look into it more, before further recommending the book. But I guess, being able to identify on this one with Jade (ough never identified with anyone less enthusiastically 🙈), I just wanted to weigh in an say: It wasn't that obviously controversial to me and I hope that - while she can be approached with rage and anger on other points if it's up to me - somebody could offer her those insights without outright condemning her (not saying that anyone here did this).
Couldn't edit my comment anymore, so I'm quoting myself to add the irrelevant OT point that the "sequel" of CMBYN is actually such a flaming shitshow that CMBYN seems like a brilliant, morally superb piece of literature in comparison. 😂

Some plotlines that most stuck with me being Elliott's father post CMBYN falling in love with a twenty-something year old manic pixie dream girl on the train and marrying her after 24 hours of senseless rambling that would have even been too much for Jade and Elliot still being stuck in a cycle of forever being groomed by older men. Never mind, it might be fair to accuse Acimen of propagating somehow harmful narratives. 😂

(Sorry, literature rant over.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
i was thinking someone would bring this up. Not to go OT I think we need to be careful about how we discuss literature. We shouldn’t say that only books that are in line with society’s morality should be considered good and to be read. This book represents a situation that has happened to many people. It has resonated with so many- culturally this is very common in European countries. To dismiss and condemn it, and to say it shouldn’t be read, is not only dismissive of these people’s lived experiences, saying their lives are too taboo to be discussed by the public, but also cuts off a huge number of some of the greatest works or art. You don’t have to agree with the morals of every book. You shouldn’t. But to dismiss any book that isn’t in line with YOUR morality is dangerous. We need to be exposed to things we disagree with. We shouldn’t be burning every book we deem as problematic, because the real world we live in, not the fake world that exists on social media, does not shy away from problematic events.
Valid point, but also, when it comes to grooming or child SA (See also: Lolita), it's not just about some subjective societal 'morality'. Child SA is a crime regardless of the cultural background. It's pretty depressing that people related to the book and had experiences of grooming themselves. I do think it's fine to read (know the caveats and reading critically) and I think its totally fine that for some it is not a book they liked or enjoyed because of the subject matter.

New thread https://tattle.life/threads/unjaded...her-new-book-have-a-german-translation.20969/

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.