Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully more people will join in over here, I’m sick of using GG to keep up!

Study-tuber who is on her gap yah being a white saviour. Her dad is high up in an MLM and it looks as though the uni she’ll be attending is scammy and shady af.

Reactions: 7
Hopefully more people will join in over here, I’m sick of using GG to keep up!

Study-tuber who is on her gap yah being a white saviour. Her dad is high up in an MLM and it looks as though the uni she’ll be attending is scammy and shady af.
is this the girl who is going to Minerva? her description about it was randkmly recommended to me, agree uni seems reall weird... how do you know about the dad?

Reactions: 1
is this the girl who is going to Minerva? her description about it was randkmly recommended to me, agree uni seems reall weird... how do you know about the dad?
Definitely a weird uni - I read some reviews about it online and it isn’t as it seems. Her dad is really high up in JuicePlus, I read it online somewhere but I found his insta and it’s full of videos of him him posting positive cult-like messages, definitely makes me think her inspirational words are took straight from her dad

God I find her lifestyle and constant focus on education and grades and getting up at 5am and eating vegan and being so damn perfect just exhausting. I watched a few of her videos and her life is not realistic. Her and Ruby Granger are just too much.

Reactions: 16
Yep I see alarm bells and red flags about the Minerva uni! Seems such a waste to throw away a place at Bristol. I mean I know it means she gets to travel but she is already doing that. I can see it going 2 ways:
1. Doesn't go Minerva but goes for a clearing space because she loses relatability otherwise.
2. Goes Minerva but breaks down because the programme isn't what she expected. Did she say what subject it would be? I can't remember.

She was so popular last year but has quickly lost relatability with her school age viewers. Almost none of them will be able to relate to going to a uni that takes you to a different country every semester. Plus i can imagine for students that uprooting every semester would be quite unsettling and stressfull. Semesters are only 12ish weeks, afterall. What happens if you need to resit an exam in one location but it is time to move on to the next? Sounds chaotic for me.

Yep I see alarm bells and red flags about the Minerva uni! Seems such a waste to throw away a place at Bristol. I mean I know it means she gets to travel but she is already doing that. I can see it going 2 ways:
1. Doesn't go Minerva but goes for a clearing space because she loses relatability otherwise.
2. Goes Minerva but breaks down because the programme isn't what she expected. Did she say what subject it would be? I can't remember.

She was so popular last year but has quickly lost relatability with her school age viewers. Almost none of them will be able to relate to going to a uni that takes you to a different country every semester. Plus i can imagine for students that uprooting every semester would be quite unsettling and stressfull. Semesters are only 12ish weeks, afterall. What happens if you need to resit an exam in one location but it is time to move on to the next? Sounds chaotic for me.
Cause she’s on the American system I don’t think she picks her major/minor until her second year. She may as well go to open university and travel around - I’m sick of her acting like Minerva is better than oxford, she’s still obviously in denial about not getting in. I honestly think she doesn’t even want to go to uni anymore, but her whole channel would be pretty pointless without studying videos etc so she’s chosen Minerva so that she can still fulfil her current passion for travelling.

Reactions: 11
I can’t STAND her and her flapping hands 🤣🤣
Only person worse than her in that corner of YouTube.....Eve Bennet

I can’t STAND her and her flapping hands 🤣🤣
Only person worse than her in that corner of YouTube.....Eve Bennet
Speaking of eve I stumbled across her answering questions I’ve never answered before or whatever it was called. Christ alive I don’t think I’ve watched a video with so much passive aggression. She sounded like a nasty piece of work throughout the whole thing and acted like the entire thing was an inconvenience.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Christ alive I don’t think I’ve watched a video with so much passive aggression. She sounded like a nasty piece of work throughout the whole thing and acted like the entire thing was an inconvenience.

I couldn’t believe it 😆😆
I’ve seen A list celebrities with less attitude and less concerns about their privacy and the privacy of their relationships.
Nobody gives a crap if you’re shagging Adam who studies Greek and Roman History on the way home from the kabab shop Eve 🤣
Sit back down 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Cause she’s on the American system I don’t think she picks her major/minor until her second year. She may as well go to open university and travel around - I’m sick of her acting like Minerva is better than oxford, she’s still obviously in denial about not getting in. I honestly think she doesn’t even want to go to uni anymore, but her whole channel would be pretty pointless without studying videos etc so she’s chosen Minerva so that she can still fulfil her current passion for travelling.
yeh the constant publicity about it being "more exclusive thwn Harvard " or whatever... unsurprising as they have barely any spaces available vs a uni with 10,000s people... i read a review/ad of it from a student there who raved on and on about how her teachers etc and even the boss knew her name... in a class of 33 it hardly seemer impressive to me..

Reactions: 4
yeh the constant publicity about it being "more exclusive thwn Harvard " or whatever... unsurprising as they have barely any spaces available vs a uni with 10,000s people... i read a review/ad of it from a student there who raved on and on about how her teachers etc and even the boss knew her name... in a class of 33 it hardly seemer impressive to me..
Apparently them saying they’re ‘more exclusive than Harvard’ isn’t true either. You fill in a form online to apply to Minerva, so even if you only open the form up and don’t apply you still class as an applicant (obviously your application will be rejected) but they use unfinished applications in their figures. So, for example, they can say only 1% of students were accepted, but the other 99% of students who weren’t accepted may not have even completed their application.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Minerva sounds incredibly shady and I really hope Jade reconsiders her choices there. She's such a bright girl and I think she's selling herself short by not attending a traditional university.

I think Ruby is lovely!

I can't make my mind up about Eve. She seems very insecure. Why rant on about the love life you're definitely not going to talk about?!

Minerva sounds incredibly shady and I really hope Jade reconsiders her choices there. She's such a bright girl and I think she's selling herself short by not attending a traditional university.

I think Ruby is lovely!

I can't make my mind up about Eve. She seems very insecure. Why rant on about the love life you're definitely not going to talk about?!
This sounds harsh amd she clearly is very clever book wise, but in my view if she was so bright she might be more suspicious of minerva...

Hopefully she will read peoples comments under her vlog and take them into serious consideration. I hope she doesn’t see the comments as “just hate”. It would be a shame to waste her potential on Minerva.
Additionally just to add I hope Eve is ok. Her honest chat vlog was a little worrying.

Although Jade’s lifestyle is completely unrealistic for most people I do wish her the best because I think she seems like a genuinely good person. Now Eve Bennett is a tricky one- while I don’t want to seem like I’m giving her hate as I would hate to cause her any upset if she saw this, she just doesn’t sit right with me. Always passive aggressive and defensive. Does she have a thread here or on GG?

Reactions: 4
Although Jade’s lifestyle is completely unrealistic for most people I do wish her the best because I think she seems like a genuinely good person. Now Eve Bennett is a tricky one- while I don’t want to seem like I’m giving her hate as I would hate to cause her any upset if she saw this, she just doesn’t sit right with me. Always passive aggressive and defensive. Does she have a thread here or on GG?
I thought the excessive swearing in Eve's recent results video was a bit off, to be honest.

What's GG?

When I first subbed to Jade I really liked her, thought she was really sensible and put together... But oh my god her constant motivational speeches and complaining about not getting into Oxford is so bloody annoying! She’s so entitled.

Reactions: 10
I thought the excessive swearing in Eve's recent results video was a bit off, to be honest.

What's GG?
GG = guru gossip
I agree. I don’t understand why she’s so angry with her viewers, she seems to have a superiority complex (for instance if she was dating she’d ‘never tell my viewers’).

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.