Unjaded Jade #2 shocked by diversity at her scam university

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm honoured to get a thread title!

Recap:
-Jade continues to be unsufferable
-She thinks Minerva is the only university that has any diversity or encourages critical thinking
-Her new flatmates in Berlin are Brazilian-she doesn't mention it much

And I think that's it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm honoured to get a thread title!

Recap:
-Jade continues to be unsufferable
-She thinks Minerva is the only university that has any diversity or encourages critical thinking
-Her new flatmates in Berlin are Brazilian-she doesn't mention it much

And I think that's it?
Only seems to every mention casual magic, giving Stephen mulhern a run for most well know magician

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
She is “the girl we all love to hate” and I think that’s the reason she has so many followers.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I used to like her too. She was likeable basically all the way up to her starting Minerva.

Reactions: 12
Jade and her climate crisis. Your university literally is built on international travel. It isn’t exactly green. She just seems super hypocritical about everything. Wants to say she is green, to be part of the climate movement. Wants to be a minimalist (despite then buying loads of unessential sh’t from Amazon) to also have that label. She just screams insecurity. If she had got into Oxford, she would never have gone down this road. She would have just moulded herself into the stereotypical Oxford student. If she had gone to Bristol she would have started dressing poor and taking drugs. (no offence to Bristol, just stereotyping - I lived there!).

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Her fetishisation of other cultures is so odd. She sees a family playing in the park, so the German culture must be so outdoors based and she loves it, like you wouldn’t see a park full of kids and families in every country in the world on a sunny day.

Reactions: 34
Since we are all from different
Her fetishisation of other cultures is so odd. She sees a family playing in the park, so the German culture must be so outdoors based and she loves it, like you wouldn’t see a park full of kids and families in every country in the world on a sunny day.
It was so random of her to say that!!!!!

Also, unrelated, but since we are all from different countries I wanted to ask how the coronavirus situation really is in London, Berlin, SF, ecc... Because listening to the way Italian news outlets report it, I would't go around cafès and strikes as minervans do, but I get that italian news could be partial and could be exaggerating some things. How would the people who live there describe the situation?

Reactions: 1
Since we are all from different

It was so random of her to say that!!!!!

Also, unrelated, but since we are all from different countries I wanted to ask how the coronavirus situation really is in London, Berlin, SF, ecc... Because listening to the way Italian news outlets report it, I would't go around cafès and strikes as minervans do, but I get that italian news could be partial and could be exaggerating some things. How would the people who live there describe the situation?
I mean I'm in the UK and we're going into a second wave. I'm in Scotland and a student so I'm literally banned from leaving my house, but I wouldn't want to anyway. Numbers are rising to new insane highs and I really don't want to catch it.

Reactions: 8
I've really liked Jade but I'm becoming weary of how wonderful everything is in her world. Sometimes a tree is just a tree.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I mean I'm in the UK and we're going into a second wave. I'm in Scotland and a student so I'm literally banned from leaving my house, but I wouldn't want to anyway. Numbers are rising to new insane highs and I really don't want to catch it.
That's really interesting! I'm Italian and my friend studies music in London, so she's going away soon (being a musician she needs to be there for some activities) and we are quite worried because the situation in the UK doesn't seem so good and she would be alone in a foreign country. At the same time we see people like Dinara going everywere ecc... and we never know if we're worrying too mutch or not!
I mean in Italy we feel quite safe at the moment (schools just opened, so we'll see in a couple of weeks) but I wouldn't let my guard down just yet.
Idk, they just seem careless.
Also my friend doesn't really trust her flatmates because while she already started quarantining (like in italy) they were still going out ecc...

I am German (not based in Berlin though) and cases have been rising again for a while now. There are a few COVID hotspots around the country, mostly in the south though. I personally do not go to cafés and bars again, I am still only in contact with close friends and I didn't go on holiday abroad this summer just to be careful. However, a lot of people are much more lenient with it these days... Most places do have pretty good hygiene plans (wearing masks, hand sanitization etc.) though.

Edited to add: I have previously joined the climate strikes in my city but do not currently feel comfortable with that because of the pandemic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This is the most offputting thing about her. I liked watching her gap year content but she turned into an awful person once she started Minerva.

Reactions: 8
In london lots of people are not distancing in my experience, especially young people, but I went to central London today and did notice most people wearing masks and not sitting next to each other on the train etc. It is crazy to see everything still so empty. I've been out for food a couple of times but only in places I'm sure they distance. I wouldn't go to a pub or bar though, I don't trust people drinking and wandering around. They're advising here now that regardless of winter being freezing we will have to get used to spending more time outside

Reactions: 4
I'm in Edinburgh and our numbers are rising too. I've not been in a restaurant or bar since March and have been to clothes shops a few times but I always go when they just open and are quiet. We're not allowed in other people's houses here but we still get some people going around like nothing has happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
This is why she keeps referring to her roommates' nationality:

UnJaded Jade: Yessss thank you for this!! I was wondering if anyone would raise this. Part of my reason in doing this is SEO optimisation, which is how YouTube works to understand video content. Through including "Brazilian" as a consistent keyword, YouTube is more likely to recommend this video to other Brazilian students who might relate to my housemate's experiences. My intention is never to reduce them to their nationality as though that's all they are. <3

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
This is why she keeps referring to her roommates' nationality:

UnJaded Jade: Yessss thank you for this!! I was wondering if anyone would raise this. Part of my reason in doing this is SEO optimisation, which is how YouTube works to understand video content. Through including "Brazilian" as a consistent keyword, YouTube is more likely to recommend this video to other Brazilian students who might relate to my housemate's experiences. My intention is never to reduce them to their nationality as though that's all they are. <3
so.... she is just using her housemates for views then? is that any better?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.