University and Alevel's cancelled

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter was suppose to be taking her A levels this week. She now has to rely on her teachers for her exam results. Her GCSE she did badly on her mocks. In her real exams she did amazing. So now she has her exam results based on mocks and predicted results and teachers. I have no doubt she would have got the grades for Uni. But she hasn't been given the chance to take her exams. So now she has to wait and see if teachers can predict her results? I am living with a teenager on the edge. So many teenagers are taking their life's over this. The problem is my daughter is the type to not take mocks serious but real exams she will. Anyone in the same situation? I don't want to lose my daughter.. Just causing me so much stress. Her predicted grades are AAA but mocks are bad. Living with teenage daughters are bad but in this situation are don't know what to do?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Are you on Facebook?
There is a great group for Uni parents and lots of people dealing with the same as you.
Let me know and I’ll give you the link.

It’s a buyers market for the students at the moment. I completely appreciate it’s an unnerving situation but universities are very desperate for students and if she’s been predicted AAA I’m sure she already got offers? Is she very sold on one choice or is she open to alternatives? There are going to be so many unis in clearing this summer fighting for students.

Reactions: 1
Are you on Facebook?
There is a great group for Uni parents and lots of people dealing with the same as you.
Let me know and I’ll give you the link.
Thank you but I am not on Facebook. I did suggest a gap year. Not sure if that's a good idea to suggest.
It’s a buyers market for the students at the moment. I completely appreciate it’s an unnerving situation but universities are very desperate for students and if she’s been predicted AAA I’m sure she already got offers? Is she very sold on one choice or is she open to alternatives? There are going to be so many unis in clearing this summer fighting for students.
She's worried because her mocks /Ppe exams were bad. Just relying on her teachers grades now. She does really want to go to her chosen uni. She does have another uni choice if she can't get the grades for the first. You're right the unis will be fighting for students this year.

My apologies I did post this after a few gins. I was hoping to edit this post this morning. Remind myself to not post after having some gin. It would have been worded a letter better.