Ukraine Russia War #6

What rolling news channel are you mainly watching?

• Sky News

Votes: 137 28.7%
  • BBC News

Votes: 157 32.9%
  • Other

Votes: 55 11.5%
  • Not watching news channels

Votes: 128 26.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Continue here

Everyone is welcome but can I ask that you read the current few pages before contributing so you're not sharing something that's already been discussed or sharing old news.

Please do keep the sources of anything posted - helps so people can figure out if it's legit or not.

If you want to just talk about Pres Z he's got a thread here - https://tattle.life/threads/volodymyr-zelenskyy-president-of-ukraine.27822

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Mostly Sky News here. I do sometimes check BBC, usually in the morning.

Reactions: 5
Sky but mostly I read it here then I go to sky for rolling news. I don't do Twitter so I do appreciate people sharing their finds on there.

Reactions: 8
Probably Sky being Sky, but, there are worries "something grave" will happen during Biden's address to the nation tonight, based on "when the invasion began six days ago, Vladimir Putin chose the moment that the United Nations Security Council were meeting to announce that he was invading".

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Probably Sky being Sky, but, there are worries "something grave" will happen during Biden's address to the nation tonight, based on "when the invasion began six days ago, Vladimir Putin chose the moment that the United Nations Security Council were meeting to announce that he was invading".
Let’s hope sleepy Joe doesn’t fluff his lines and do a Liz for everyone’s sakes 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
It’s prohibited from tomorrow to take larger amounts of physical cash out of Russia (at a time when a lot of Russians are trying to get as much as possible out of banks for fear of losing money/cash shortages). A ban on online transactions to a similar effect is thought to be next.

Reactions: 8
whens he speaking

Reactions: 4
Mainly BBC and CNN. Sky would be fine if they got rid of Kay sodding Burley!

Reactions: 13

Yel

I don't watch the BBC out of principles with how many hit jobs they've done and continue to do on tattle. So stick with sky and Deborah Haynes is really good.

At least when sky has talked about tattle they've had far higher journalistic standards and not broken their core values, unlike the BBC.

Reactions: 20
BBC news at work ( piggy back on the free wifi ) .. sky news at home
Mr Duck says Euro news is a good one

Reactions: 4

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
BBC News 24 for me, I find Clive Myrie a safe pair of hands. He’s currently broadcasting from a bunker in Ukraine but he’s still calmer than me!

Reactions: 15
I’m not afraid to say I’m gettin all of my updates here, not watched a spec of news since Wednesday. My little lad is autistic and has anxiety around “end times” and dark thoughts about natural disasters, apocalypse, the height of the virus was an interesting time for us. His “special interests” are plane crashes and shipwrecks and can quickly become obsessive. We’ve got an “ask and I’ll tell approach to our parenting” and everything has to be facts based for his autistic brain. I’ve not exposed him to any of it but I’m prepared with department for education information for children and young people if he gets a whiff, from his peers.
I’ll add the link below.
Someone else mentioned newsround had good information and explanations earlier in the week too so I’ll prewatch that and maybe share with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.