UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No surprise, but not sure what good a few months will do as her deal looks less likely to be pushed through. 2 years of delays won't help anybody, other than getting herself out of the job and let someone else deal with it.

Didn't her government enshrine it into law that we leave in 10 days?

Reactions: 2

I call this chart.
“We’re making it up as we go along”
Twitter agrees. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She will need the full support of the 27 EU countries all it takes it’s one to say no and that’s that! They had two years in which to come with a plan, but oh no, let’s leave it to the last minute, no wonder no one is impressed, they a joke!

Reactions: 3
It's looking more and more like no deal and May resigning next week. Can't see the deal now going through if there is a 3rd "meaningful vote", changes to the deal are unlikely and the extension would only be if the deal is agreed and for a max of three months.

The saga continues..

MPs are furious with her speech last night because she’s basically stuck two fingers up at them for not backing her. Margaret Beckett was apoplectic with rage 😂 Even though this is a complete mess, the fact May gives no shits about her popularity has made me kind of like her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s a mess, don’t really see what’s going to be accomplished with an extension of article 50, after 2 years already, the EU doesn’t want the UK there by the time they have the elections and so rightly so, they leaving therefore they should’ve have a say in the future. May needs to resign but she won’t do it. It doesn’t look good.

Reactions: 1
MPs are furious with her speech last night because she’s basically stuck two fingers up at them for not backing her. Margaret Beckett was apoplectic with rage 😂 Even though this is a complete mess, the fact May gives no shits about her popularity has made me kind of like her 😂
Lol, it's had the opposite effect on me. I was never a big fan of hers to begin with but admired her for dealing with all this headache when other (inept) cowards had walked away. She's so blinkered now and just comes across as butt hurt the majority of MPs didn't vote for her plan(s).

Z
Lol, it's had the opposite effect on me. I was never a big fan of hers to begin with but admired her for dealing with all this headache when other (inept) cowards had walked away. She's so blinkered now and just comes across as butt hurt the majority of MPs didn't vote for her plan(s).
I think she’s appealing to the people to pressurise their MP to get it done. She could never win in this situation because the divide in opinion in HoC is so wild apart and evenly split. It’s her channelling the spirit of Maggie via Derek Acorah I think 😂

• Haha
Press conference at 6pm, should be the result of if it's being extended.

Anyone fancy a guessing game on who will veto?

I'm guessing France 🇫🇷

Yep Spain would be my second bet, although it could be a total curveball

Do you think it will make much difference though, like another march this Saturday?
I doubt it but hope so - lots of celebs have signed it and I think once you reach a million it has to be discussed in parliament?

I think celebs getting involved is always a bad idea.

Finally the press conference due at 6pm is going ahead now

I think celebs getting involved is always a bad idea.

Finally the press conference due at 6pm is going ahead now
Yeah, listening to it now- Tusk and Junker sound like they need a long holiday after all this ends, if it ever will lol

Yeah, listening to it now- Tusk and Junker sound like they need a long holiday after all this ends, if it ever will lol
I think long after tusk, junker and may are gone this will be continuing!

Lots of people Ive spoken forget even if it's approval that's just a withdrawal deal and so much more to agree on.

Just waiting for Theresa to come on before I fall asleep