UK Politics & Brexit

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It wouldn't have been, we ordered our vaccine supply while being in the EU.
Technically we left in January 2020 (but only went into the transition period so I get what you mean).

But even still - all the EU nations could have done the same thing as Britain, they decided to opt into the EU procurement. France, Germany could have all went at it alone but decided not to. I genuinely believe the UK would have always went it alone in this.

Reactions: 2
Technically we left in January 2020 (but only went into the transition period so I get what you mean).

But even still - all the EU nations could have done the same thing as Britain, they decided to opt into the EU procurement. France, Germany could have all went at it alone but decided not to. I genuinely believe the UK would have always went it alone in this.
We were still tied to EU laws and regulations, leaving or remaining, wouldn't have made a difference to the vaccines.

Not sure if its True but Metro reporting Macron saying the EU is to blame for the Vaccine supply issues.
front page tomorrow.

Know they needed to be cautious but waiting those extra months when they knew the entire world
would be wanting vaccines seems just a very poor choice.

Reactions: 3
I'll repeat it again.

Why are the fishing industries now struggling with the red tape that requires to get our trade into the EU?
Because they want to give it all to France. The EU want us to regret leaving. And that in it self is enough reason to give them the middle finger.

We were still tied to EU laws and regulations, leaving or remaining, wouldn't have made a difference to the vaccines.
Yes it would. The UK has always stood last in the que when it came to the EU. They hate our guts and even more so because we told them to pee off.
Look at the way they are acting and threatening the UK over the vaccines. They even threatened OZ not that long ago. This whole fiasco has shown how fucked up the EU is. Even Merkel had to take them to task this week and she is very much Pro-EU.
Once things return to normality the EU will suffer as they have burnt so manu bridges over the vaccine mess

• Heart
Because they want to give it all to France. The EU want us to regret leaving. And that in it self is enough reason to give them the middle finger.

Yes it would. The UK has always stood last in the que when it came to the EU. They hate our guts and even more so because we told them to pee off.
Look at the way they are acting and threatening the UK over the vaccines. They even threatened OZ not that long ago. This whole fiasco has shown how fucked up the EU is. Even Merkel had to take them to task this week and she is very much Pro-EU.
Once things return to normality the EU will suffer as they have burnt so manu bridges over the vaccine mess
How would our vaccine system be any different, if we signed and bought the supply of vaccine, while still tied EU laws and regulations.

Reactions: 1
The UK would not have opted into the joint procurement and the EU generally does not get overly involved where it comes to public health matters. The UK, due to still being in the transitiob period, were given the option to join up the EU vaccine effort and said No so its confusing how people think it would have made a difference

The UK would not have opted into the joint procurement and the EU generally does not get overly involved where it comes to public health matters. The UK, due to still being in the transitiob period, were given the option to join up the EU vaccine effort and said No so its confusing how people think it would have made a difference
The EU is getting very involved at the moment because it’s a PANDEMIC.
They’ve already said they won’t keep to what was promised to member countries and instead they are deciding who get’s what on a daily basis.
This is why some countries who opted in ended up making their own agreements in the end because the EU is such a bunch of twatwaffles.
As I said before they are burning bridges ledt right and centre. It will be very interesting to see what happens once this all settles down and trade resumes as normal

The EU is getting very involved at the moment because it’s a PANDEMIC.
They’ve already said they won’t keep to what was promised to member countries and instead they are deciding who get’s what on a daily basis.
This is why some countries who opted in ended up making their own agreements in the end because the EU is such a bunch of twatwaffles.
As I said before they are burning bridges ledt right and centre. It will be very interesting to see what happens once this all settles down and trade resumes as normal
Countries who opted in are also allowed to negotiate their own vaccine contracts, as long as it isn't a company the EU has a contract with too, so they haven't really "ended up" doing that, they were always allowed to.

You realise that we bought the vaccine, while being tied to EU laws and regulations. Can you explain how it would be different?

We weren't tied to them when we made our negotiations
What do you mean by this? Britain were still in the transition period when vaccine contracts were negotiated. As I've already said, even countries who are "tied" to the EU were not obligated to be part of the vaccine joint effort.

Who are we going to do this giant deal with that is going to make Brexit worth while?
EU? Obviously not....for "reasons"
China? They don't seem too happy with us having views on how they run their country.
USA? They don't seem too happy with how we are treating the NI situation.
Russia? Security reasons.
India? They will insist on immigration levels to UK being increased.
African countries? Many of them are unstable.
South American countries? Ditto.

So Canada, Australia and New Zealand seem the only reasonably sized options...unless we can import ice from Antarctica for the G&T market.

Reactions: 1