UK Politics #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So one of the few countries the UK is doing better than was heavily sanctioned for starting a war... So what's our crime? (Rhetorical)

It's a big margin but you have to laugh.
I'm sure Putin is rolling on the ground with delight :)

Reactions: 2
Just two more of the continually emerging examples of the chasm of corruption, contempt and chaos that is the Conservative party. How can anyone defend them?

Reactions: 10
You sound slightly moist at the thought may I say. :oops: As for Michelle Mone ... nasty piece of work, nothing would surprise me about her.
Certainly not. I just never got those vibes, but then weak people do bully.

Reactions: 4
Just two more of the continually emerging examples of the chasm of corruption, contempt and chaos that is the Conservative party. How can anyone defend them?

Well, personally I have absolutely no idea, but you only have to look at the ludicrous number of people wetting their pants over ‘lovely’ Matt Hancock making a mockery of Parliament on ITV to realise this country has even more morons in it than anyone could possibly have imagined.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

The Labour Party are no better.

I'm not defending the Conservatives, just highlighting the two big parties are as just bad as each other, plus take their voters for granted.

The problem is that both Braverman and Raab are surrounded by people who are a lot more knowledgable than they are about the law. Both of them have been accused of over egging their CV's, particularly in Braverman's case, and when Raab was appointed Justice Secretary, many lawyers tweeted about the 'Rookie ex-solicitor' now the executive head of the judiciary.

The days of Lord MacKay of Clashfern, who was the Lord Chancellor in the 1980's and 1990's (and was respected by all - including people from Tony Benn to Margaret Thatcher) show how far the legal profession has fallen.

Reactions: 5
I get the vibes from him, always noticed it when he was being interviewed by journalists on TV his demeanour changed the minute he was challenged on his answers you could see it in his eyes!

I get the vibes from him, always noticed it when he was being interviewed by journalists on TV his demeanour changed the minute he was challenged on his answers you could see it in his eyes!
It was incredible to me he wasn't sacked when it turned-out he was on Holiday when Kabul fell back into the hands of the Taliban. Everyone deserves a holiday, but duck me that's taking the piss.

I also recall him losing his rag with Nick Ferrari on LBC ...."Well, it's easy for you, you're just a commentator". Yeah, fair enough ... but really? Calm down dear, calm down. Although I am not a fan of columnist Amanda Platell she one remarked: "Dominic is handsome, but my god does he know it". Sounds like a vain prick to me ... is he short? Maybe it's a case of short-man syndrome.

It was incredible to me he wasn't sacked when it turned-out he was on Holiday when Kabul fell back into the hands of the Taliban. Everyone deserves a holiday, but duck me that's taking the piss.

I also recall him losing his rag with Nick Ferrari on LBC ...."Well, it's easy for you, you're just a commentator". Yeah, fair enough ... but really? Calm down dear, calm down. Although I am not a fan of columnist Amanda Platell she one remarked: "Dominic is handsome, but my god does he know it". Sounds like a vain prick to me ... is he short? Maybe it's a case of short-man syndrome.
Handsome? I realise it’s Amanda Platell, so she’s probably not that picky, but I can’t imagine anyone finding Raab handsome.
He always looks like he’s on the point of exploding in anger - and the massive throbbing veins on his forehead aren’t exactly what I’d call attractive.

Reactions: 8
Handsome? I realise it’s Amanda Platell, so she’s probably not that picky, but I can’t imagine anyone finding Raab handsome.
He always looks like he’s on the point of exploding in anger - and the massive throbbing veins on his forehead aren’t exactly what I’d call attractive.
yip that's it in a nutshell - re looks like he's on the point of exploding into anger!

Reactions: 1
The Labour Party are no better.

I'm not defending the Conservatives, just highlighting the two big parties are as just bad as each other, plus take their voters for granted.
Not sure what this has to do with Labour or any other party. When a government led by another party has enabled it's mates to siphon off millions of pounds of public money while preaching about fiscal responsibility and 'difficult choices' I'll criticise them too.

Reactions: 21
Friendly, approachable, reasonable, professional people don't get multiple accusations of bullying. Fact.
Exactly. You only have to look at the people recently accused of bullying- Raab, Priti Patel, Gavin Williamson, Rees Mogg, Coffey - to see the common factor is an epic level of utter thundercuntery.

Reactions: 7
Exactly. You only have to look at the people recently accused of bullying- Raab, Priti Patel, Gavin Williamson, Rees Mogg, Coffey - to see the common factor is an epic level of utter thundercuntery.
The main problem with Tory party (Labour might be too) is that many people who would have wanted to be MP's in the past have been put off with inflexible attitude to Europe, Minorities, Civil Rights, Young People (the snowflake generation), etc. Why would you want to be involved in that?

Basically, the only ones putting themselves forward are the thick, the bigoted, psychopaths and those on the take.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.