Two doors down

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yay! Fellow people that like Two Doors Down.

Usually I’m not too impressed with Gordon but he really made me laugh when he was stoned.

Reactions: 7
I recently bought all series on dvd as I'd noticed the BBC iplayer removed the pilot episode (which I remember loving when it first aired). I'd assumed it was due to Kevin Guthries sexual assault conviction but rewatching it and the sexual assault on the Norwegian man might be more the reason!

I recently bought all series on dvd as I'd noticed the BBC iplayer removed the pilot episode (which I remember loving when it first aired). I'd assumed it was due to Kevin Guthries sexual assault conviction but rewatching it and the sexual assault on the Norwegian man might be more the reason!
I'd forgotten that actor had been in the pilot !

I'd forgotten that actor had been in the pilot !
I was gutted he was recast as he has been a favourite of mine for years, plus he is the rare balance of cute and hot. Even more gutted when I read what he had done

Aunt Caroline assaulting the Norwegian guy was more explicit than I remembered and no way that would have been OK if it had been a man doing it to a woman. Funny how you forget things in TV shows.

Reactions: 2
There was a cookery programme on the other day with Nick Nairn and Dougie Vipond.
The guest was Alan. I didn’t realise he is actually a wrestler..Grado.
He was really funny and said he only got into acting by accident, except he can’t act so he is just himself.

Reactions: 6

Two Doors Down returns on July 12th with the remaining three episodes of Series 5, starting with "Brother Michael"
"Alan’s brother is getting married, and he’s the best man, although it turns out nobody has any confidence in his abilities to do anything other than order two puddings at the meal."

According to Arabella Weir on Twitter there is a Series 6 which has also been filmed and will be broadcast later this year as well.

Can't wait!!!

Reactions: 15

Two Doors Down returns on July 12th with the remaining three episodes of Series 5, starting with "Brother Michael"
"Alan’s brother is getting married, and he’s the best man, although it turns out nobody has any confidence in his abilities to do anything other than order two puddings at the meal."

According to Arabella Weir on Twitter there is a Series 6 which has also been filmed and will be broadcast later this year as well.

Can't wait!!!
Season 5 dvd also available to pre order on amazon.

Can't wait!

Best news I've had all week! I love this show, have rewatched all the previous episodes to death so glad to hear there is more on the way 😊

I didn't think it was very good, I didn't laugh once! Hope it improves.

I didn't think it was very good, I didn't laugh once! Hope it improves.
Same here. It’s lost its sparkle. It felt like there were lots of characters missing even though there wasn’t. Arabella Weir looks 30 years older. Alan and Michelle aren’t entertaining enough to have a whole episode!

I haven't watched it yet but I wonder if it's suffering from the covid impact. I've found for a lot of shows filmed during covid they just haven't been as good.

Reactions: 3
Watched it now. I quite enjoyed it tbh, not at its best but I smiled and chuckled through out. Average two doors down is still better than most comedies.

Beth's new hair does age her though

All remaining episodes of series 5 are on iplayer.

Last edited:
I thought it was okay. But I missed Ian and Gordon. I’m not a fan of Michelle and Alan and didn’t think they needed a whole episode.

Also,
more new characters this season?

Reactions: 1
Watched it now. I quite enjoyed it tbh, not at its best but I smiled and chuckled through out. Average two doors down is still better than most comedies.

Beth's new hair does age her though

All remaining episodes of series 5 are on iplayer.
Didn't know the remaining episodes were on iplayer, thanks for that
I noticed there's 4 new episodes this time

Finished series 5, it is the weakest so far but I still enjoy the characters. Its obvious they suffered with cast shortages/availability and probably crew at times.

I thought the final episode felt a bit more like normal so fingers crossed for series 6