TV Show Discussion and Reccomendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just finished watching Unforgotten and am currently watching Insatiable on netflix.

Thought it might be nice to have a place to chat about what shows we're watching and look for recommendations :)

Reactions: 1
I finished watching Insatiable yesterday. I liked it for the most part, but it was a bit all over the place/tried to be too many things at once imo. I'll still check out season 2 if they make one though.

Great idea. I need some recommendations although I usually wait until something has been going for several seasons as hate getting into something only to find out it ended prematurely or in a mess due to cancellations.

I can't really recommend anything other than Peaky Blinders, and I'm sure everyone knows that!

Reactions: 2
Great idea. I need some recommendations although I usually wait until something has been going for several seasons as hate getting into something only to find out it ended prematurely or in a mess due to cancellations.

I can't really recommend anything other than Peaky Blinders, and I'm sure everyone knows that!
I'm currently watching Unforgotten series 3 on ITV but the first 2 seasons are on netflix, if you like crime mystery thrillers it's a great series - they investigate 1 historical case each season (it's fiction though)
I also love Jane the Virgin (also on Netflix)

I'm currently watching Unforgotten series 3 on ITV but the first 2 seasons are on netflix, if you like crime mystery thrillers it's a great series - they investigate 1 historical case each season (it's fiction though)
I also love Jane the Virgin (also on Netflix)
I LOVE Jane!!! I’m waiting until October (it’s back then right?) to find out what happens, don’t wanna do any spoilers to anyone not caught up but...
OH MY GOD WHAT THE ACTUAL. ?
I’m watching the good witch on Netflix right now, not exactly brilliant but it’s easy watching and cute, in a Gilmore Girls kinda way, I also love Halloween so that’s probably why I enjoy it, Halloween episodes are like the Christmas episodes everywhere else.

I LOVE Jane!!! I’m waiting until October (it’s back then right?) to find out what happens, don’t wanna do any spoilers to anyone not caught up but...
OH MY GOD WHAT THE ACTUAL. ?
I’m watching the good witch on Netflix right now, not exactly brilliant but it’s easy watching and cute, in a Gilmore Girls kinda way, I also love Halloween so that’s probably why I enjoy it, Halloween episodes are like the Christmas episodes everywhere else.
Sorry to disappoint but...
3. It will not air until 2019. After announcing renewals in April, the CW confirmed its 2018-2019 schedule in May, and according to the network, JtV will not return until midseason, i.e. January at the earliest.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....-the-virgin-season-5-news-cast-spoilers-date/

That's exactly why I wait for a TV show to end before getting hooked into it!

Started watching game of thrones way too early, and that is taking forever to come back.

Just finished watching the series Staircase on Netflix. It’s a true crime documentary filmed over about 14 years. I thought it was great.

Hi new here, came over to follow the discussion about the Inghams. It is that family (not the kids) that inspired my username, as well as other total bullshitters on YouTube.

I loved the Netflix shows you mention above and can also recommend Mindhunters, which is set in the 60s and is loosely based on the real investigations into the workings of serial killers' minds. Now anxiously awaiting the next series.

I loved Star Trek Discovery, also anxiously awaiting the next series. Also worth watching consecutively is After Trek which just adds to the enjoyment, I feel.

I have just finished something called Paranoid, which has a good cast and quite entertaining to watch, I did felt it dragged on a bit at the end, although I stuck with it and found it enjoyable enough.

One of Us is another TV series that was aired in 2016, set in a fictional place in Scotland about two families who experience the loss of their newly wed children. Totally gripping and another great cast.

I am now watching something called Marcella, starring Anna Friel about a series of murders and a detective (Marcella) who has blackouts, but also seems to be a genius at catching killers. So far, I am enjoying it.

Another UK based series, Safe, was totally gripping and kept me hooked right until the end.

I started Stranger Things, found it interesting, but didn't persist with it. I may go back to it later.

I also started The Alienist, which is about the police using psychologists for the first time. Set in the late 1900s the storyline and filming is very dark. Dakota Fanning stars in it.

A documentary, The Witness, is about a murder that happened in 1964 and the brother of the woman who was killed tries to set the record straight about the events as they were reported.

That is all that has grabbed my attention over the past couple of months. I hope you get to enjoy some of these, if so let me know.

I really recommend the Aussie-NZ show 800 words! Think its airing its final season over there (I watch online) but its available on AcornTV in the states and BBC in the UK I believe. Its quite a light-hearted comedy show, but is very sweet and has great characters. If you're into small-town type of shows then you'll love it.

Also This Is Us...pretty much every episode of that had me in tears!

Nashville was great for the first four or so seasons. Its finished now but haven't watched the finale yet as felt they added a bit too much drama to the past couple of seasons. The soundtrack is fabulous though, and I don't even listen to country music usually.

Love iZombie as well (its on Netflix in the UK, not sure about elsewhere). So funny!

For anyone that can speak German or doesn’t mind subtitles Dark is worth watching.
I really enjoyed the man in the high castle too.
Thanks for creating this thread, I’m going to check out a few of the above suggestions ?

How has no one mentioned ‘Killing Eve’ yet ? ! Highly recommended. A spy thriller like no spy thriller you’ve ever seen. It does have everything you would want in a good spy story : it’s well plotted, gripping, disturbing at times, clever. But it’s also funny... which is one of its more original qualities as you don’t get much genuine humour in this genre. But it’s really very funny when it wants to be. Though in no sense is it a comedy , it has such interesting tones of dark and light together .

Also the two main characters are women - worth pointing out for how unusual that is... And their performances are amazing. You will probably fall in love with a psychopath. Or at the very least with her outfits. Watch it !

Line of duty
American Horror Story
Happy Valley
The haunting of Hill House
Making a Murderer
Mindhunter
The Alienist
RuPaul Drag Race
Killing Eve
Keeping faith
The Cry
Vanity Fair
A Discovery of Witches

and of course Game of Thrones

There is a programme on later today 11th November 9.30pm
They Shall Not Grow Old
Part of the armistice commemorations its a film that takes old World War One footage and colourises it
We saw this at a cinema showing t about a month ago and it is very powerful it had a 15 certificate at the cinema and I think that would be for the shots of the dead and wounded
That apart it just makes the people real in a way you can't imagine

Reactions: 3
I'm watching the wire, supposed to be the best hbo show ever.

It's good, but can't say I'm hooked after 5 episodes in. It's probably me.