Tv recommendations?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m bored and can’t find anything on tv that’s holding my attention ?

Lately I’ve watched and enjoyed
The Handmaid’s Tale
Big Little Lies
Alias Grace
Sharp Objects

I’ve been trying This Is Us but I can’t get into it. Started You but got bored.

Has anybody found any good drama/thriller/documentary type programmes?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’m bored and can’t find anything on tv that’s holding my attention [emoji15]

Lately I’ve watched and enjoyed
The Handmaid’s Tale
Big Little Lies
Alias Grace
Sharp Objects

I’ve been trying This Is Us but I can’t get into it. Started You but got bored.

Has anybody found any good drama/thriller/documentary type programmes?
Yaaay, such an interesting topic! [emoji16][emoji16]
Ooohhh Alias Grace was soooooo good! Sarah Gadon is simply brilliant and so mesmerizing! Kind of like the same level of talent as Tarn! [emoji23][emoji23]
Some of my all time favourite series are:
The Missing
Bodyguard
Luther
Doctor Foster
Thirteen
Broadchurch
Penny Dreadful
The Americans
AHS Asylum (only season I watched, so soooo good!)
Some of these mentioned above were very very hyped and for ages I refused to give in, but then I slowly starting watching each one and learned a valuable lesson. Where there's hype, there's usually a pretty brilliant series! [emoji23]
As for This Is Us, again, I refused to join the ugly cry club so many people were talking about, but I absolutely love it. It took me a few eps to get into it, but if you stick to it, I'm sure you won't regret it. There are some incredible performances there, the writing is outstanding and you really learn valuable life lessons while watching it. I'm proud to say I'm now an ugly cry club member! [emoji23][emoji23]
Pretty sure I'm forgetting some series, but I'll add them when I remember!

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

Yaaay, such an interesting topic! [emoji16][emoji16]
Ooohhh Alias Grace was soooooo good! Sarah Gadon is simply brilliant and so mesmerizing! Kind of like the same level of talent as Tarn! [emoji23][emoji23]
Some of my all time favourite series are:
The Missing
Bodyguard
Luther
Doctor Foster
Thirteen
Broadchurch
Penny Dreadful
The Americans
AHS Asylum (only season I watched, so soooo good!)
Some of these mentioned above were very very hyped and for ages I refused to give in, but then I slowly starting watching each one and learned a valuable lesson. Where there's hype, there's usually a pretty brilliant series! [emoji23]
As for This Is Us, again, I refused to join the ugly cry club so many people were talking about, but I absolutely love it. It took me a few eps to get into it, but if you stick to it, I'm sure you won't regret it. There are some incredible performances there, the writing is outstanding and you really learn valuable life lessons while watching it. I'm proud to say I'm now an ugly cry club member! [emoji23][emoji23]
Pretty sure I'm forgetting some series, but I'll add them when I remember!

I’m a fully signed up member to the ugly cry club! I watched an episode of a comedy - Derek - last week and cried myself into convulsions!

I was so surprised Sarah Gadon isn’t from here! She did my accent perfectly!

I’ve already cried at This Is Us! Kate singing time after time had me blubbing! I find myself getting confused with it being past and present. I shall persevere! ?

I’ve seen and loved The Missing. Doctor Foster, Thirteen and Broadchurch, but I’ll add the others to my list. Thank you.

Happy Valley is one for you if you haven’t seen it. It’s brilliant.

It took me a while to get into This is Us but it was worth it.
Have you watched Safe on Netflix?

Reactions: 1
I’m a fully signed up member to the ugly cry club! I watched an episode of a comedy - Derek - last week and cried myself into convulsions!

I was so surprised Sarah Gadon isn’t from here! She did my accent perfectly!

I’ve already cried at This Is Us! Kate singing time after time had me blubbing! I find myself getting confused with it being past and present. I shall persevere! [emoji846]

I’ve seen and loved The Missing. Doctor Foster, Thirteen and Broadchurch, but I’ll add the others to my list. Thank you.

Happy Valley is one for you if you haven’t seen it. It’s brilliant.
I'll definitely check out Happy Valley, thanks!! [emoji6]
Yes, do persevere! It's soooo worth it. It took me a while to get used to past present jumps, but once we know all the faces, it's easy peasy. I always have a box of tissues at the ready while I'm watching it. My current record is 10 tissues per episode. Pretty sure you'll know which one I'm referring to once you get to it!
I wonder if we have more ugly cry members here on Tattle?! [emoji848][emoji848]
Doctor Foster was so brilliant, what a woman! So gutted if there isn't another season, what a cliffhanger! [emoji33][emoji33]

I'll definitely check out Happy Valley, thanks!! [emoji6]
Yes, do persevere! It's soooo worth it. It took me a while to get used to past present jumps, but once we know all the faces, it's easy peasy. I always have a box of tissues at the ready while I'm watching it. My current record is 10 tissues per episode. Pretty sure you'll know which one I'm referring to once you get to it!
I wonder if we have more ugly cry members here on Tattle?! [emoji848][emoji848]
Doctor Foster was so brilliant, what a woman! So gutted if there isn't another season, what a cliffhanger! [emoji33][emoji33]

Seriously Happy Valley is absolutely brilliant! I’m jealous that you get to watch it for the first time!

I looooved the first series of Doctor Foster.

@Jimjam I’ve not watched it but I think it’s on my Netflix watchlist. I’ll give it a go. Thank you

I really liked it.
I had never heard of it. Is it good?!

Widowed surgeon Tom has struggled to raise his two daughters alone following his wife's death a year ago. Things seem to be on the right track for the family, who live in a gated community, because they have close friends nearby and Tom is in the early stages of a new relationship. But the situation takes a turn for the worse when Jenny, Tom's oldest daughter, goes missing along with her boyfriend. Tom enlists girlfriend Sophie, a police detective, to help locate the teens, but her new partner is working her own agenda. As the investigation intensifies, Tom unearths dark secrets about the people closest to him in his affluent neighborhood. The drama series was created by mystery novelist Harlan Coben.

I watched it twice, thinking how did I not realise that was going to happen. It was a really good watch.

I really liked it.

Widowed surgeon Tom has struggled to raise his two daughters alone following his wife's death a year ago. Things seem to be on the right track for the family, who live in a gated community, because they have close friends nearby and Tom is in the early stages of a new relationship. But the situation takes a turn for the worse when Jenny, Tom's oldest daughter, goes missing along with her boyfriend. Tom enlists girlfriend Sophie, a police detective, to help locate the teens, but her new partner is working her own agenda. As the investigation intensifies, Tom unearths dark secrets about the people closest to him in his affluent neighborhood. The drama series was created by mystery novelist Harlan Coben.

I watched it twice, thinking how did I not realise that was going to happen. It was a really good watch.
Ohh I love something with a twist. I’ll definitely try it

Seriously Happy Valley is absolutely brilliant! I’m jealous that you get to watch it for the first time!

I looooved the first series of Doctor Foster.

@Jimjam I’ve not watched it but I think it’s on my Netflix watchlist. I’ll give it a go. Thank you
Ohhh just watched the trailer and Happy Valley seems right up my alley, thanks a lot!! [emoji16][emoji6]

Perhaps we should start a thread to talk about our favourite movies?! [emoji848][emoji848]

Jimjam, oooohhhh that series sounds really like my jam! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just remembered another brilliant one I loved so much. The Killing with Mireille Einos, so good and so gripping. Highly recommend it!!

I tried the killing but got fed up half way through series 2 when you still didn’t know who the killer was.

I’ve just put Safe on. I didn’t realise it was British, I thought it was American.

That’s a good idea, Meg. I’m always looking for new films and tv. I’m an insomniac so have a lot of time to fill!

I tried the killing but got fed up half way through series 2 when you still didn’t know who the killer was.

I’ve just put Safe on. I didn’t realise it was British, I thought it was American.

That’s a good idea, Meg. I’m always looking for new films and tv. I’m an insomniac so have a lot of time to fill!
Oh so you never found out who killed Rosie? It was devastating, I actually cried. I can tell you, if you'd like! By pm, so I don't potencially ruin it for whoever might be interested in watching.

I'm an insomniac too. [emoji2962][emoji2957] So my fave ways to battle it are films, series and narrator channels on Youtube. There are some great ones which help me fall asleep! But it's heavy stories, paranormal, road trips, middle of nowhere, let's not meet, etc. My fave channel is Mortis Media, he's soooo good!

Reactions: 3
Marvelous Mrs Maisel
Life In Pieces
Grantchester
Sneaky Pete
American Gods
Father Brown hidden away on UK daytime its a crime its not on in evenings
Start Up
Lucifer

Oldies (UK Shows) if you watch some of the cannels like ITV3 Watch/ Drama

Waking The Dead
Scott & Bailey
DC Banks
Law and Order UK

All the above oldies are well worth a look. Waking The Dead is stunningly good but I like Trevor Eve so that may be why

Oh so you never found out who killed Rosie? It was devastating, I actually cried. I can tell you, if you'd like! By pm, so I don't potencially ruin it for whoever might be interested in watching.

I'm an insomniac too. [emoji2962][emoji2957] So my fave ways to battle it are films, series and narrator channels on Youtube. There are some great ones which help me fall asleep! But it's heavy stories, paranormal, road trips, middle of nowhere, let's not meet, etc. My fave channel is Mortis Media, he's soooo good!

It’s so long since I watched it I can’t remember any of the characters!

I’ve never heard of that channel. I’ll have a look.

I listen to podcasts a lot during the night too

Marvelous Mrs Maisel
Life In Pieces
Grantchester
Sneaky Pete
American Gods
Father Brown hidden away on UK daytime its a crime its not on in evenings
Start Up
Lucifer

Oldies (UK Shows) if you watch some of the cannels like ITV3 Watch/ Drama

Waking The Dead
Scott & Bailey
DC Banks
Law and Order UK

All the above oldies are well worth a look. Waking The Dead is stunningly good but I like Trevor Eve so that may be why
Oh I've heard lots of great things on Marvelous Mrs Maisel, but never tried. Maybe I should! Law and Order UK was sooooo good!
Marcella is also a good one!

Karenjet, yeah, you should try listening to some of Mortis Media videos, he's the best narrator I've ever listened to! And he oftens does collabs with equally great/interesting narrators from other channels!

Oh I've heard lots of great things on Marvelous Mrs Maisel, but never tried. Maybe I should! Law and Order UK was sooooo good!
Marcella is also a good one!

Karenjet, yeah, you should try listening to some of Mortis Media videos, he's the best narrator I've ever listened to! And he oftens does collabs with equally great/interesting narrators from other channels!

I’ve just subbed! That channel looks perfect for me. I’m not that interested in the paranormal but true type stories I love. Thank you

I’ve just subbed! That channel looks perfect for me. I’m not that interested in the paranormal but true type stories I love. Thank you
Yaaaay, so glad to hear! [emoji16] Yes, you'll have lots to choose from! It might even help you fall asleep. His voice works like a charm for me! [emoji23][emoji42]

Yaaaay, so glad to hear! [emoji16] Yes, you'll have lots to choose from! It might even help you fall asleep. His voice works like a charm for me! [emoji23][emoji42]

Thank you.

Finished the first episode of Safe and am getting into it. Can’t guess what’s going to happen!

Has anyone mentioned Line of Duty yet? Have just finished re-watching all 4 series!
Thank you. I’ll add that to my list ?

I’m halfway through Safe @Jimjam and sitting down to watch more now. I have a theory about what’s going on but will probably be completely wrong

Reactions: 3