Turtle Creek Lane #2 Houghton’s name is TCL. They’re so frugal they bought 3!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tiff, your husband is gay & nobody wants your Valentine’s tit. Have a day off.
I wonder does Adam ever watch those videos back? If he does how does he not question himself? Seriously the way he goes on. I think I heard Tiff calling him a hunk… I have no words

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They are fascinating. In a sort of ‘wtf’ way…my eyes are often on stalks watching the ridiculous OTT stuff. I mean it’s harmless and the decor side is ‘impressive’ if it’s your thing but their constant smiles really unnerve me. The daily gratitude thing she reels off like it’s programmed in 😂

ahhh imagine being that rich to have time to decorate for days - I’m just jealous 🤣🤣🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The eating issues that family have considering a couple of them are Doctors! (Jens dad and Adams dad I think).
The baby not getting a fully rounded diet, carbs are part of that!
Tiff not ordering the food she really wants at chic fil a and having a small cup of frilled chicken and taking her own avocado.
Kimmy and Steve thinking it's a hilarious prank that she cooked from a hello fresh box or whatever? Erm, it was all fresh ingredients, she actually cooked it by following the recipe? I don't get the prank? What's not real cooking about that? Yes it wasn't a meal she's chosen to cook, bought and measured out ingredients for and cooked from her head, but who cares? It was a freshly cooked meal? Am I the only one who doesn't get the joke? I know she's playing on being a bad cook, but when he says we'll this made sence now. It would actually make sence if you both ate that way more often, it actually looked like the nicest meal I've ever seen a Houghton eat!

Adam is so weird.. he comes off worse and worse in every story she puts up. The crying at the poem saga was bad enough, but then the weirdly jealous, angry and possessive stories when a man flirted with Tiffany, making her feel like it was her fault and she didn’t handle it right? Sorry, but no, that’s awful. All of the men come across so badly! And don’t even get me started on Steven Jnr with the recipe box stories.. 🙄

I’ve not followed long enough to fully figure out this weird eating stuff but as someone with type 1 diabetes, why the hell are they even wearing glucose monitors that they don’t need?! Their pancreases work. It’s a very strange obsession - unless there are worries of pre diabetes/type 2 or indeed type 1, your glucose will rise and fall like it’s meant to! Dr must see them as a walking bank, telling them they need these things. Insane.
And infuriating.

They are fascinating. In a sort of ‘wtf’ way…my eyes are often on stalks watching the ridiculous OTT stuff. I mean it’s harmless and the decor side is ‘impressive’ if it’s your thing but their constant smiles really unnerve me. The daily gratitude thing she reels off like it’s programmed in 😂

ahhh imagine being that rich to have time to decorate for days - I’m just jealous 🤣🤣🤪
It reminds me of this song

she even said once about trying to not think about something negative aka the put it in a tiny box, crush it and turn it off!

I’ve not followed long enough to fully figure out this weird eating stuff but as someone with type 1 diabetes, why the hell are they even wearing glucose monitors that they don’t need?! Their pancreases work. It’s a very strange obsession - unless there are worries of pre diabetes/type 2 or indeed type 1, your glucose will rise and fall like it’s meant to! Dr must see them as a walking bank, telling them they need these things. Insane.
And infuriating.
It gets worse, at one point they had one on their healthy 10 year old as well as bribing her with a trip to Disney if she didn’t eat carbs for a whole year. It makes me sick they all spend so much money on the monitors, how life changing those monitors would be to diabetic Americans who can’t afford them. They don’t have worries of type 2, they are just obsessed with insulin resistance and see a spike on their monitor (should add a spike within the normal range, not even a really high spike). They went on a road trip and listened to a 20 hour audiobook about how carbs are evil and fasting is the answer, at the time mk was about 12. I hope she doesn’t grow up to have an eating disorder. I remember steve jr explaining he took a bite of a cookie he saw on the side but it tasted like it might have sugar in so he spat out the bite as he didn’t want to spike his monitor 😡

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
And infuriating.
As someone who has been through the American health care system you are correct about the walking bank comment. My experience of care in the US was that health care was given much more readily and with lots of "to be sure" tests and procedures and all the pain relief under the sun. But obviously that's only if your in the fortunate position to pay for it all. The NHS are much more of an we will only give if we really have to attitude because they are unfortunately
on the bones of their arse.
Also in the US, you can choose your Dr if you are paying, so I bet the Houghtons Dr shopped until they found one who agreed with their opinions.

“Morning and happy Fri-“ just once I’d love it if she said listen, today’s been quite crap, I’ve stayed in bed, haven’t eaten under 10 calories and argued with Adam about his weird poem vibe. NOBODY is that happy, grateful, or smiling 24:7. Fake 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
One of the drs they follow 're this is a bleeping phd doctor. Pack of silly cunts

I want to like Adam, I really do. But he tries far too hard. It's like he was the geek in school and can't believe he got the popular girl and so needs to go on and on about it every 5 seconds like a teenager (I 100% believe the Houghtons will run the school with their money, always on the teams, always top of the class etc).
Another view is that he's gay and can't come out due to the family's religion (which is horrific to not be able to fully be who are just because your family follow religion you were born into and doesn't allow you to be you). And that he's over compensating the I fancy the pants of my wife just to try and make everyone believe he's into her.
I think both are very plausible and I don't know which I lean to more.

The glucose monitoring is another thing that pisses me off so much, people have said on here before it’s like an ED because none of them apparently have a genuine medical need for it. Given the prices of insulin etc in the US, I think it’s so distasteful. Not to mention the stuff with MK, it makes me sneakily satisfied that her and Sam seem to have no interest in IG.

I think MK is going into that awkward teenage phase where your mum is embarrassing. She used to always appear in their videos, now she seems to avoid the camera. Sam on the other hand, I think he just can't be assed with all their bullshit full stop 🤣

• Haha
I’m going to say this but every time I see Steve junior I think he looks like he carries a bit of extra weight. He has a chubby face and his arms and chest are not that muscly for someone who works out and follows a dangerously restrictive diet. I don’t care about anyones weight or lifestyle normally but when you’re wearing a glucose monitor not eating a balanced diet and restricting what you 8 month old baby eats I’m very unimpressed!!

Reactions: 7
I’m going to say this but every time I see Steve junior I think he looks like he carries a bit of extra weight. He has a chubby face and his arms and chest are not that muscly for someone who works out and follows a dangerously restrictive diet. I don’t care about anyones weight or lifestyle normally but when you’re wearing a glucose monitor not eating a balanced diet and restricting what you 8 month old baby eats I’m very unimpressed!!
I have thought the same. None of them are over weight at all. Not even close, but the women are thin to an extreme and the men are as you say, not exactly the physique you expect for people on a very restrictive diet and claim to work out daily. By men, I cully mean the 2 Steve's.

Last edited:
I wondered why they like chic-fil-a and what would they eat there, now I know. Tiffany posted hers, if you Google it it comes up as the whole thing is 1grsm of carbs and under 150 calories

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Im so glad ive just found this thread. I am slightly obsessed by the family. Their fascinating in a bonkers way. They are so strange but i cant not watch their stories.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.