TRIGGER WARNING- bleeding in early pregnancy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys,

I'm nearly 6 weeks pregnant. Last night I started spotting brown blood (not much, just enough to be noticeable on my knickers and when wiping). This was also accompanied by mild cramps.

It's all stopped now but I have a sore lower back (although I'm on iron tablets and those flipping things make me so constipated 🙄) and my sore boobs have dissapeared. However I've got so nauseous today 🤢

I called the midwife and I've to go for an early scan on wed but in the meantime I'm obviously driving myself mad. Has anyone had similar spotting/loss of symptoms and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Hello,

It could be implantation bleeding, especially if it has now stopped. I have experienced it in both my pregnancies. Difficult I know but try not to worry x

Reactions: 1
Hi, congrats on your pregnancy! Spotting in early pregnancy is very common, and I have had friends who have spotted, and even bled red, and gone on to have healthy pregnancies. I think the fact that it has stopped is a very good sign. good luck

Reactions: 2
Yes I spotted all the way through my last pregnancy. I was admitted to hospital at 7wks because it was 'more than spotting'. I had cervical erosion I think they called it. Also had bad cramping sporadically through the 1st and 2nd trimester, they never found out what that was but my midwife did think it could be my metabolism slowing and giving me constipation. You've done the right thing calling your midwife and getting a scan I'm sure the scan will put your mind at rest. I know it's so hard but try to rest and relax. Like definitelyme said it's a very good sign it has stopped. Don't be afraid to ring 111 if your are worried again between now and your scan though... That's what they are there for xx

Hi, I can understand how worrying it is. 6 weeks is very common for implantation bleeding, especially brown blood.
I had exactly the same with all 4 of my
pregnancies.
Your sore boobs aren't really something to worry about.
My first pregnancy, they disappeared after a week and never came back. I was also never sick and had zero symptoms.
Even if you were to miscarry, the HCG still stays in your system for weeks.

Unless it's bright red blood and clots, I'd try not to worry too much ❤

Hi guys,

I'm nearly 6 weeks pregnant. Last night I started spotting brown blood (not much, just enough to be noticeable on my knickers and when wiping). This was also accompanied by mild cramps.

It's all stopped now but I have a sore lower back (although I'm on iron tablets and those flipping things make me so constipated 🙄) and my sore boobs have dissapeared. However I've got so nauseous today 🤢

I called the midwife and I've to go for an early scan on wed but in the meantime I'm obviously driving myself mad. Has anyone had similar spotting/loss of symptoms and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?
Hi,
I experienced almost the exact same as you around 7 weeks. My symptoms were coming and going - day on day off etc. Then I started light bleeding and a bit of cramping. I got scanned at the hospital and all was well. I now have a healthy happy baby.
As for the reason why, I was never given one. They put the cramping down to my growing uterus and told me that some women just spot constantly during pregnancy.

Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy, it’s a very anxious time especially in the early weeks x

Hello, I had quite a bit of bleeding in my first pregnancy which turned out to be cervical erosion but that was about 20 weeks. He’s now a big teenager.

with my second I had a bleed at about 7 or 8 weeks and had an early scan. That didn’t show much as it was quite early and I obviously thought the worst but the next week I went back and saw more and he’s now a 10 year old.

i had a miscarriage in between but that came like a full period really. That felt different mentally as well but that might just be hindsight.

lots of love though, it’s such a worry x

Aw congratulations on your pregnancy. I definitely understand how worrying bleeding is, so huge hug. Brown blood is usually 'old' blood, so the likelihood is, this is implantation bleeding. I hope that helps put your mind at ease just a little, however i completely understand you'll likely still be worried. Please update us after your scan and I'll have my fingers crossed for you that all is well.

I did bleed heavily, bright red blood throughout my first pregnancy, passing clots too. I was convinced i was miscarrying, however my twins are now 15 and the bleeding was 'unexplained'. I didn't experience any in the proceeding pregnancies. So if that offers you even a slither of reassurance, I'd be glad. Best wishes x

I had bleeding at 10 weeks I had the most painful sharp cramps then started to bleed bright red blood and clots. I went to the epu and was told my cervix was still closed then was sent home and told to rest and come back on Monday for a scan (it was a friday at the time) I kept bleeding over the weekend and cramping it seemed like it was over.

On the Monday had my scan to see a strong heartbeat and baby was fine. Hes now 4 years old. I asked what they thought caused the bleeding and cramping and was told sometimes these things happen.

The fact its brown blood is a good thing as its probably old blood. Good luck for your scan

Hey everyone, well I had my scan. All good for being this early.
There is also two empty sacs (although one is a bit odd shaped so potentially that could be blood).
I've to go back in a week to see if there's anything in the other and to see the first one is also going okay!

Thanks for everyone's reassurance the other night, it's defo helped me keep semi calm x

• Heart
Reactions: 12