Treadmill advice

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all.

I don't really want to take up the weightloss threads by banging on about treadmills. Payday this week and going to treat myself to one. Price range between £3-500. Can anyone recommend one that will be good for both walking and running, with a monitor of sorts to see how many miles, calories etc :)

Are you limited on space? When I was buying one I saw a few Reebok ones that had good reviews and looked decent but were way too long for the space I have. I ended up getting one from Amazon, which was 280. It meets my requirements but I mostly use it for walking,not running and I feel like it rattles too much when running. If you have plenty of space the Reebok ones look good for your budget. Would recommend looking on FB marketplace as treadmills are definitely something a lot of people buy, then don't use, so you could get an almost new one for a good price.

Are you limited on space? When I was buying one I saw a few Reebok ones that had good reviews and looked decent but were way too long for the space I have. I ended up getting one from Amazon, which was 280. It meets my requirements but I mostly use it for walking,not running and I feel like it rattles too much when running. If you have plenty of space the Reebok ones look good for your budget. Would recommend looking on FB marketplace as treadmills are definitely something a lot of people buy, then don't use, so you could get an almost new one for a good price.
Not really, I think if we move our spare room around a little we could maybe get a reasonable sized one in.
I have saw this one Decorcn Folding Treadmill, 2.5HP Under Desk Treadmill with Bluetooth Speaker, Remote Control Wide Running Belt Walking Running Machine for Home Office Fitness : Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
The reviews seem okay.
I will have a look at the reebok ones, they seem to get really good reviews! I feel like I will mainly use it for walking and then maybe work my way up to running on it. Haven't the confidence to go out running so at least having one in the house means no excuses!
Thank you for your help :)

Reactions: 1
Don't go for JLL on Amazon. Mine wasn't right from the moment it was delivered. Was under warranty so contacted them straight away. They said I had to cover the shipping costs both ways in order to send it back. Then said there was nothing wrong with it so the issue wasn't resolved. I ended up having to scrap it. Biggest waste of money.

The one you sent in the link looks good and like you said does have good reviews. Also have heard Reebok are very good.

• Wow
Don't go for JLL on Amazon. Mine wasn't right from the moment it was delivered. Was under warranty so contacted them straight away. They said I had to cover the shipping costs both ways in order to send it back. Then said there was nothing wrong with it so the issue wasn't resolved. I ended up having to scrap it. Biggest waste of money.

The one you sent in the link looks good and like you said does have good reviews. Also have heard Reebok are very good.
That is so frustrating! I have ordered things in the past and had the same issues. It's why I always try to get some advice now before making any purchases. Con artists :mad: They aren't cheap either, its a lot of money to have lose out on.

I've had a look on gumtree/market place and some for sale on there but I'm so sceptical I will end up buying something that will break as soon as I get it home. No luck!

Thank you, I'll have a look into the reebok ones tonight :)

The one you posted looks good! I bought a very cheap one at the start of lockdown - very basic, max speed 10kmph and manual incline - it did the job but having been on one at the gym now the difference is night and day! Go for the best one you can afford. There is a running thread, you could ask on there. :)

I will have a look at the reebok ones, they seem to get really good reviews! I feel like I will mainly use it for walking and then maybe work my way up to running on it. Haven't the confidence to go out running so at least having one in the house means no excuses!
Thank you for your help :)
I had a Reebok treadmill, sold it cheap to get rid because it took up half my spare room. They are good but noisy and it weighed >70kg, just something to consider if it’s going upstairs. That one in your link is only 38kg. Is a bike/rower a no go?

I had a Reebok treadmill, sold it cheap to get rid because it took up half my spare room. They are good but noisy and it weighed >70kg, just something to consider if it’s going upstairs. That one in your link is only 38kg. Is a bike/rower a no go?
There’s a guy on marketplace selling a reebok one for £320, I checked and it’s over £600 on the Argos website. He says it’s like new. It’s 73kg though! It’ll be in our spare room. Do you think the one in the link would be better? I can’t see me doing any major sprinting on it. It’s just to get my fitness up, walking and jogging and see how I get on.
I’ve got a bike atm but I’m just so bored of it as I’ve had it for about 3 yrs - it’s more the running I think I’d prefer, if I manage to build confidence who know, I’d maybe go and do it outside eventually.

There’s a guy on marketplace selling a reebok one for £320, I checked and it’s over £600 on the Argos website. He says it’s like new. It’s 73kg though! It’ll be in our spare room. Do you think the one in the link would be better? I can’t see me doing any major sprinting on it. It’s just to get my fitness up, walking and jogging and see how I get on.
I’ve got a bike atm but I’m just so bored of it as I’ve had it for about 3 yrs - it’s more the running I think I’d prefer, if I manage to build confidence who know, I’d maybe go and do it outside eventually.
They are very clunky, they have wheels but it doesn’t make it much easier to move! I let mine go for way less than £320 and it was pristine. Argos and Very knock a few hundred off every few months, they know people have been buying for new year so prices should drop soon? If the gym is out the question I’d get a cheap lightweight one/a walking pad and try couch to 5k.

They are very clunky, they have wheels but it doesn’t make it much easier to move! I let mine go for way less than £320 and it was pristine. Argos and Very knock a few hundred off every few months, they know people have been buying for new year so prices should drop soon? If the gym is out the question I’d get a cheap lightweight one/a walking pad and try couch to 5k.
I could probably get it done to £300 which is sort of the price range I wanted to start at. My partner will probably use it for jogging or running which is the only thing pushing me towards getting a heavier one. Just need to measure it and see if it’ll fit. I never thought of very, will check on there. Had a look at Argos but all still quite pricey and more than I want to pay really. If it’s something I enjoy then come summer I might have the confidence to go out running. I’m not really close to a gym so again it’s just excuses for me putting it off because of my confidence but it’s not something I’d rule out in the future.