Travelling and moving abroad with a Teenager

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone first of all please excuse the rambling post and also the bad grammar 🙈

I’m 33 with a 15 year old daughter this time next year she will be leaving school and turning 16, I had her young as you can tell so i never got to travel.

She is a very clever mature teenager and we are like best friends she loves languages and wants to be a language teacher in the future, I don’t own a house and have no partner etc so next year I want to take her travelling with the view to eventually move abroad.

I have a current lease until February and have the fortunate option to move back to my parents until June to save even more and also store our furniture, I understand it may not be for me and I will make sure there’s a pot of money in an account incase we do need to move into a rental back here.

We want to visit Thailand Bali and Italy initially and then wherever we wish to find somewhere to settle, she’s initially going to start college a year later then normal and her father has a room if she does wish to come home at any point !

So here’s the reason for the post I know visas etc are gonna change after brexit and I’m prepared for that, I have a pot of money for a house deposit but I want to travel instead so I know that’s not endless.
I am fortunate enough to be able to work remotely and have spoken to the companies I work for and after an initial break I will be able to start earning again.

Am I mad?

Any recommendations of places to go ?

Anyone moved abroad and has tips ?

I have read lots of blogs and watched lots of YouTube but i love the discussions on here and would love to hear from other people that aren’t family !

If you go to the end thank you so much :)

Reactions: 2
Hi!
I’m a few years older than your daughter and I just want to speak from experience.
I speak 3 languages, and I’m studying a combined degree languages and politics
I’ve also lived and studied in Turkey (I have family here also) so I’m slightly bias in saying it’s the best country to move to ;)
one thing I’d 100% percent recommend is for her to find the language she’s interested in, and try a summer school. That way it’s easy to meet people with common interests and from different nationalities, and learning in the country is great, so much easier and for me it really helped build my confidence
I hope it can help, I’m sure I’ll be back to add more points after I’ve ate :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone first of all please excuse the rambling post and also the bad grammar 🙈

I’m 33 with a 15 year old daughter this time next year she will be leaving school and turning 16, I had her young as you can tell so i never got to travel.

She is a very clever mature teenager and we are like best friends she loves languages and wants to be a language teacher in the future, I don’t own a house and have no partner etc so next year I want to take her travelling with the view to eventually move abroad.

I have a current lease until February and have the fortunate option to move back to my parents until June to save even more and also store our furniture, I understand it may not be for me and I will make sure there’s a pot of money in an account incase we do need to move into a rental back here.

We want to visit Thailand Bali and Italy initially and then wherever we wish to find somewhere to settle, she’s initially going to start college a year later then normal and her father has a room if she does wish to come home at any point !

So here’s the reason for the post I know visas etc are gonna change after brexit and I’m prepared for that, I have a pot of money for a house deposit but I want to travel instead so I know that’s not endless.
I am fortunate enough to be able to work remotely and have spoken to the companies I work for and after an initial break I will be able to start earning again.

Am I mad?

Any recommendations of places to go ?

Anyone moved abroad and has tips ?

I have read lots of blogs and watched lots of YouTube but i love the discussions on here and would love to hear from other people that aren’t family !

If you go to the end thank you so much :)
DO IT.

Theres no better way to kick start her passion for languages than to travel abroad and experience cultures first hand.
You're in an incredible situation and it sounds like you have all bases and eventualities covered.

What you'll both gain from travelling, you can't get from anywhere else. She'll be street and travel smart and her understanding of the world will be miles ahead of anyone else her age and only help her with her career path when she's older.

You are bonkers, but all the best people are 😏
Do it, do it, do it 😂
❤

Reactions: 5
Hi!
I’m a few years older than your daughter and I just want to speak from experience.
I speak 3 languages, and I’m studying a combined degree languages and politics
I’ve also lived and studied in Turkey (I have family here also) so I’m slightly bias in saying it’s the best country to move to ;)
one thing I’d 100% percent recommend is for her to find the language she’s interested in, and try a summer school. That way it’s easy to meet people with common interests and from different nationalities, and learning in the country is great, so much easier and for me it really helped build my confidence
I hope it can help, I’m sure I’ll be back to add more points after I’ve ate :ROFLMAO:
Thank you so much really appreciate this information I will update her :) Iv never been too turkey so it’s on the list !

DO IT.

Theres no better way to kick start her passion for languages than to travel abroad and experience cultures first hand.
You're in an incredible situation and it sounds like you have all bases and eventualities covered.

What you'll both gain from travelling, you can't get from anywhere else. She'll be street and travel smart and her understanding of the world will be miles ahead of anyone else her age and only help her with her career path when she's older.

Do it, do it, do it 😂
❤
Aah thank you so much we’ve been watching interailing videos to start our journey thank you so much for taking the time to reply I don’t think I can waste this opportunity ! 💕

Thank you so much really appreciate this information I will update her :) Iv never been too turkey so it’s on the list !
Happy to help with any advice on Arab/Middle-Eastern countries if you ever decide to visit there!

Absolutely not mad at all and you’ll be giving her such an incredible experience! I really wish more people had the chance to travel the world.
I moved abroad at 21 and it transformed and developed me as a person. I agree with the post above, it’s unique and the things you gain can’t be taught - couldn’t recommend it enough.

Reactions: 2
Absolutely not mad at all and you’ll be giving her such an incredible experience! I really wish more people had the chance to travel the world.
I moved abroad at 21 and it transformed and developed me as a person. I agree with the post above, it’s unique and the things you gain can’t be taught - couldn’t recommend it enough.
Thank you so much for commenting your all making me feel like I’m doing the right thing 💕

[QUOTE="mummy2under2, post: 1422436, member: ]

Do it, do it, do it 😂
❤
[/QUOTE]

I know nothing but all about this!!! Completely regret not doing it when I was young, and everyone is know who did does not regret a second. Your daughter will have the BEST memories xx

• Heart