Travel after having covid

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random one, but has anyone been to Dubai after having covid within 90 days?

The Emirates website says you must have a PCR test but the PCR company have said they wouldn’t recommend doing a test as it will likely come back positive.

Any ideas?

You can apply for something to say you’ve had covid I think. My partner had to do the same (he didn’t travel to Dubai though)

You can apply for something to say you’ve had covid I think. My partner had to do the same (he didn’t travel to Dubai though)
I thought that too but it doesn’t seem to mention anything about that on any of the Dubai websites 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve tried to ring Emirates but they don’t answer.

I don’t think Dubai accept this or they didn’t when we went in September.

Reactions: 1
They recommend that you shouldn't just because it's possible that the pcr can still pick up remnants of the virus so you may test positive. You can do a private test for travel.
I transited through Dubai recently, tested negative on a pcr 16 days after first testing positive. It will differ between people but maybe take a private PCR a little before you go to see so theres not a last minute panic.
I got through on the phone and they don't accept recovery certificates.

Also while I'm here, when I flew they had a very specific list of PCR criteria from the UK like needing a QR code and location where the sample was taken that need to be on your certificate. Not all companies provide this. I did mine through express test and that has location and you can apply to have a QR code added once your results come through. This only took an extra hour on top of the initial wait.

Thanks!! I thought they didn’t but was secretly hoping they might … i think I might do a trial pcr next week and cross my fingers 🤦🏼‍♀️

Does anyone know, if you take a private pcr just to check if it's still showing positive and it does, does it get sent to the NHS and mean you have to isolate again? Or is it up to you whether you report it or not

Does anyone know, if you take a private pcr just to check if it's still showing positive and it does, does it get sent to the NHS and mean you have to isolate again? Or is it up to you whether you report it or not
I think they're supposed to report it but if you've already had a positive NHS PCR more than 14 days before then you don't have to isolate as you're no longer infectious. That's what i was told anyway

Thanks!! I thought they didn’t but was secretly hoping they might … i think I might do a trial pcr next week and cross my fingers 🤦🏼‍♀️
Do give it a go - a friend was in exactly this position for going to a different country that also wouldn’t accept a recovery certificate and he tested negative on a trial PCR before the real thing.

Yes, they are supposed to report them although my contact at a big lab said they were reporting them and often Track & Trace weren’t phoning the positive patient so they started advising those people to call T&T

Things are looking more and more complicated. So, the PCR test has to have the location of the test and a QR code on the certificate and they are now testing all UK arrivals upon entering Dubai, we had Covid over the New Year so now we’re not sure we should risk it!

Things are looking more and more complicated. So, the PCR test has to have the location of the test and a QR code on the certificate and they are now testing all UK arrivals upon entering Dubai, we had Covid over the New Year so now we’re not sure we should risk it!
If you go, I mentioned that express test prints location. And you can easily get a QR code on it too within an hour. I was really stressed but it all worked out. Just be sensible between tests and you'll be fine