Training for army/navy/basic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to join the army/navy to do be a chef or work with horses I wondering about what happens to my council rented property and universal credit
What's better the reserve or full active duty

You can only stay away from your property for a set amount of time, it should be in your tenancy agreement.

I’m not sure about UC. I would have thought that would stop if you were away training or employed by the army. Best to speak to the relevant people.

Reactions: 1
I want to join the army/navy to do be a chef or work with horses I wondering about what happens to my council rented property and universal credit
What's better the reserve or full active duty
Have you spoken to any of the army/navy careers officers to find out more information regarding training and then going into reserves or full duty? Speak to them first, get all information on the full application process, find out exactly what role you’d like and seek information about those roles etc and get all
Of that first - it could take months to get your inital application in and even start the process. Find out how long training is, where it is, to figure out how long you’d be away from
Your own home and also how much you’d be getting paid at that point. Once you know that, contact the job centre and make enquiries about UC - depending on the salary you may still get a small portion of UC. Then you can look into the issues with your CH. look at your tenancy first off to see if anything is mentioned in there and if not, call the council housing department and just ask them the question.

Reactions: 1