Towie and ex towie stars, ads and instagram

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This has maybe been done before, I had a search but couldn’t see anything.

But do the asa rules not apply to them (Billie & Samantha, Lucy Mecklenburgh, Jess Wright to name a few) their Instagram feeds are all full of ‘from my collection with xxxxx’ and very rarely is there an #ad.

And same for gifts, they are never marked. They mention brands but never #gift etc.

Has anyone ever done a complaint to the asa or is it pointless?

Reactions: 4
Yeah the rules do apply to them, but they seem to just not give a duck and do what they want. Absolutely complain to the asa or cma, whichever. Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes they get a telling off. Think if we all complain more about it, then they'll hopefully do more! X

Reactions: 5
I wondered this yesterday when looking though the posts on Billie Faiers instagram from her daughter's party. She'd tagged the companies, which made me think stuff had been gifted or heavily discounted for the advertising, but no mention of any AD.

Reactions: 2
The ads and gifts are absolutely relentless for the towie lot aren't they, never seen anything like it. Not bad for having zero talent

Reactions: 1
Mario Falcone will say if it’s a paid partnership. The one from the 30th June for s watch makes him look more concerned about getting a good picture of himself than putting his baby in the shade of the umbrella

Mario Falcone will say if it’s a paid partnership. The one from the 30th June for s watch makes him look more concerned about getting a good picture of himself than putting his baby in the shade of the umbrella
I do quite like Mario and his baby is super sweet. One thing that does make me laugh is you can tell he's got money and he's advertising tit from the skinny food co, he even looks embarrassed himself! I'll have to look that pic up lol

Reactions: 2
This has maybe been done before, I had a search but couldn’t see anything.

But do the asa rules not apply to them (Billie & Samantha, Lucy Mecklenburgh, Jess Wright to name a few) their Instagram feeds are all full of ‘from my collection with xxxxx’ and very rarely is there an #ad.

And same for gifts, they are never marked. They mention brands but never #gift etc.

Has anyone ever done a complaint to the asa or is it pointless?
I complain to the ASA sometimes, I know it sounds a bit sad but I find sly advertising really deceptive. I once reported Billie and there was a bit of a telling off, I think they told me they warned her and gave her guidance on how to advertise that she’s being paid. Always worth reporting

Reactions: 5
Mario falcone comments on nearly every picture of Sammiejosephene sure he secretly fancies her. Has anyone else noticed this

Mario falcone comments on nearly every picture of Sammiejosephene sure he secretly fancies her. Has anyone else noticed this
Not sure who that is but he hasn't got a great track record has he lol. He does seem genuinely happy with his other half now though is it Becky x

What in the name of god has mario done to his hair :oops: Has he got a transplant? I hadn’t been on Instagram for ages but I noticed something different about him straight away but couldn’t put my finger on it