TopCashback

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just reading about TopCashback and was wondering if it's worth it? What would I need to spend in order to get cash rewards?

Hi, i’ve been using this for about 6 months. Each reward is different, but is normally higher if you’re a new customer for the company you’re purchasing from. For example, as a new customer of Just Eat, you’d get 12% of what you spend, but as an existing customer you’d get 0.85%. It can vary from day to day, but i’ve just got into the habit of going to Topcashback before buying anything online to see if there is an offer. There are terms and conditions for each company so make sure you’re elligible for the cashback. My friend made quite a lot back using it for Expedia purchases. You can also pay a small fee each year to get better offers, but you’d need to work out whether if would be worth it. I only have the free account, and the way I see it is i’m getting money back that i’ve spent, even if it’s 50p.

Reactions: 4
I’ve been using it and Quidco for about 2 or so years. I’m up to £600 cashback, I do pay the £5 for premium as it gets you better rates. They will put you on this to start with so if you don’t want it you have to downgrade.

Reactions: 1
I've made just under £250 in a year. My biggest earners were broadband £100 and £80 plus a gift voucher (I moved house and first company didn't cover the new house). I've used it for switching energy suppliers, Giffgaff and a new Hoover. I'll use it for my car insurance later in the year

I’ve used it for quite a few years. I’m not on the premium and I’m not a regular online shopper but I’ve made over £600. Car insurance is a big pay out but you have to wait months for it to payout.

They also do offers like yesterday where you spend £5 and they give you a £2 bonus but you have to monitor it as sometimes you don’t get it!

Often you get cash back refused if you use another discount code they don’t recognise so for the last few years I’ve been using my daughters student discount codes which cancel out the cash back.

It’s good as long as you don’t rely on the cash back. I’ve had about £900 in the last few years (life insurance was a bit payout) and it all adds up. But you do need to be patient and be able to contest if the supplier disagrees.
For the sake of a sign up and a link to click, irs deffo worth it!

Thanks all - I've used something called airtime rewards which took money off my phone bill. I think I spent about £200/250 to get £10 or £15 off. It was over Christmas so it didn't take long.

I try and remember to use it for everything I order online, always check to see if there is a reward, even if its only 1%. I leave it to build up over the year... Last year I think I made about £250.

Definitely worth it when buying necessities like insurance. I got £17 back for buying home insurance. I'm quite new to Topcashback but so far earned back nearly £100 in 8 months. I use other cashback sites too, depending on which gives the best percentage back for the shop I'm purchasing from.

It’s useful if you have various purchases to make, obviously if you start spending just to get cash back that’s a problem! I try to remember when I’m renewing insurance, getting a new phone/contract or buying DIY-type things. You can download browser extensions which tell you when you’re on a site that offers cash back. It’s a bit of an annoying pop up if you’re a serial window shopper like me, but worth it when you are looking to buy something.

I've used both TCB and Quidco for about 7 years now and combined I've earned back £4.5k.

Everything I buy I go through them, I change all insurance and utility providers every year, some of them are up to £150 each time, and I use Groupon a lot and often they have 15-20% cashback.

My biggest single cashback amount has been £230 from Virgin Media.

Edited to add: You have to have patience though since some takes months to pay out.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Definitely worth it I've had 450 back in two years. Changing your bills like car and gas and electric pay decent but you have to wait for them.

Then just everything you buy online click through the website it all adds up

I’ve wasn’t over £1500 from it in 3 years! Virgin Holidays are still to payout and it’s been 10 months but I’m not surprised given how bad they’ve been hit.

I used it if I remember or can be arse. I think we had around £85 back from them, used it to book my work travel such as rail and hotel.com

I’ve used Quidco for a few years now. You usually only get pennies from a transaction, think the most I’ve gotten is around £80. But over time it builds up! It can take a while for the money to come through, but it’s nice when you forget about it for a while and then find out you’ve got £20 or so sitting in your account ready to be transferred.

I think it’s worth it but it’s by no means a quick way to make money. You just gotta remember to check the app/website before you buy stuff! If you use Chrome, there’s actually a feature for Quidco (not sure about topcashback) where it’ll pop up and remind you that there’s an offer available on that website which I find really handy.

Last edited: