Tom Jones

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a sleazy creep. Sound like he completely broke her spirit. I wonder what his son thinks.

What a guy
He clearly saw the man’s mother as another disposable groupie... a vessel for his sexual needs..... Tom’s wife Linda would believe whatever he told her... If Tom says he was tricked... then Tom was tricked... So Linda your husband was tricked into having penetrative sex repeatedly with a woman over several years? That’s confusing and not how I understand the way the act of intercourse works... Was he drugged? Tom never mentioned it. Was a firearm involved? Men and women who absolve themselves of the responsibility of parenthood are low.... Tom was a legendary shagger...he was quite open about it... his wife by all accounts was his opposite.... they both re enforced each others idea of any threats to their relationship. This is a woman who barely engaged with the outside world.... so it’s easy to listen to the BS your philandering partner tells you... The way Tom behaved was commonplace ... wives either turned a blind eye... or left.... Linda chose to stay in that guilded cage and become a casualty of Tom’s ambition... 40 years in LA when you want to live in Wales is a tall order...However the set up suited them both...Tom says they came to a don’t ask arrangement...There were times when Linda did feel threatened.... Mary Wilson... Marjorie Wallace...but most women were of no consequence... they just happen to willingly collide with Tom’s voracious libido.

Reactions: 9

He needed to go see a professional after his wife died, probably from a lifetime of guilt for how he's behaved.
The therapist has seemingly absolved him of any guilt he may have felt, and he’s now feeling fine about selling his tale of woe. Just in time for the release of his new album, coincidentally...
I used to adore Tom, but knowing more about him now just makes me feel sick.

The therapist has seemingly absolved him of any guilt he may have felt, and he’s now feeling fine about selling his tale of woe. Just in time for the release of his new album, coincidentally...
I used to adore Tom, but knowing more about him now just makes me feel sick.
He got over that guilt pretty quickly. Almost as if he doesnt feel any, but his record company thought hed better say he felt guilt so that he could sell another album. I dont doubt he was grieving but probably felt she ' let herself go' as he said, so it couldnt be helped if he shagged around.

Reactions: 8
The way Jones behaved it is almost like an abusive relationship I think. He married Linda when they were both very young, he was all she knew and like with any abusive relationship there were probably many happy moments among all the torment (his affairs). Those small happy moments would have kept her locked into their relationship, always hoping for that version of her husband to come back to her, like when an abuser tells their partner they are sorry for hitting them, they love them and will never do it again, until they do it again.

I know one thing for sure with his type, if SHE had cheated he would have walked away from the marriage and not have stood for that disrespect. That type would never take what they so eagerly dish out to others. I think expecting her to walk away after he cheated would be like telling her not to breathe air, she couldn't expect to survive, he would have her convinced that she couldn't survive without him. An excellent article is available online called "repeated infidelity is a form of domestic abuse" it outlines how this dynamic works and the physical, mental and emotional harm it causes the faithful partner, a really good read.

Reactions: 13
Ugh he's all over the bbc at the moment promoting his awful new music. He makes me feel queasy.

He needed to go see a professional after his wife died, probably from a lifetime of guilt for how he's behaved.
Oh the irony! Where was all the professional help his wife needed? He plonked her in LA and galivanted round the world. She had no-one except staff to talk to. He doesn't care and probably never did. Paper roses.

Reactions: 7
I really really really hate the way he treated his wife. And then he totally played the victim when she died.

Reactions: 10