Tom Hiddleston

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Night Manager was perfect TV as a standalone series. I worry about a second series. I hope a second series doesn't disappoint if it is made.

Reactions: 3
I've re watched it SO many times I'm almost ashamed to admit it
The night manager and Thor: The dark world are tied as my top picks of his actoral displays.
The Dark World was great. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I didn't like Crimson Peak. Well acted yes, but not for me.

......I also watch The Good, The Bart and The Loki. It was funny even if it's less than 10 minutes long

Reactions: 1
The Night Manager was perfect TV as a standalone series. I worry about a second series. I hope a second series doesn't disappoint if it is made.
The only disappointment I could see if they didn't bring back Jonathan hahaha which is highly unlikely. I think that the script writers did an amazing job and the overall show was impeccable.
I'm expecting the same level!

The Dark World was great. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I didn't like Crimson Peak. Well acted yes, but not for me.

......I also watch The Good, The Bart and The Loki. It was funny even if it's less than 10 minutes long
Still haven't watched the cartoon, will shortly!
Crimson Peak is very.....Del Toro. So it delivered what was expected based on the Director's POV. I couldn't finish Kong, ever! Tried and failed miserably. I also couldn't finish I saw the light. But it wasn't because of the actors but the type of films they were. I was not able to engage!
The Deep Blue Sea doesn't get raved as much as it should!
And, Only Lovers will always hold a piece of my heart!

Reactions: 2
Looks like it's nearly time for a new thread, any suggestions for a name? Or just Tom Hiddleston Part 2?

The only disappointment I could see if they didn't bring back Jonathan hahaha which is highly unlikely. I think that the script writers did an amazing job and the overall show was impeccable.
I'm expecting the same level!

Still haven't watched the cartoon, will shortly!
Crimson Peak is very.....Del Toro. So it delivered what was expected based on the Director's POV. I couldn't finish Kong, ever! Tried and failed miserably. I also couldn't finish I saw the light. But it wasn't because of the actors but the type of films they were. I was not able to engage!
The Deep Blue Sea doesn't get raved as much as it should!
And, Only Lovers will always hold a piece of my heart!
Kong could have been great but I felt the script took a massive detour (and I don't mean the scenic route) and the ending was a bit odd, I don't want to spoil it for anyone but the in credit scenes were quite odd although it tied that character's story up I felt it was quite cheesy!

Kong could have been great but I felt the script took a massive detour (and I don't mean the scenic route) and the ending was a bit odd, I don't want to spoil it for anyone but the in credit scenes were quite odd although it tied that character's story up I felt it was quite cheesy!
I don't think I'll ever watch Kong, unless I'm tied to a chair and my eyelids have been glued open! :)

I was under the impression there would not be a second season since it was based on a one shot book, and Tom always answered this when asked if there would be a season 2.
This said, I have just binged it on amazon prime video and it was great!

I was under the impression there would not be a second season since it was based on a one shot book, and Tom always answered this when asked if there would be a season 2.
I've always hoped they don't make a second series for this reason. They would have to make up a new storyline, and I worry it wouldn't be as good as series 1.

Yes, that was the case back in 2017 but apparently the second book was finished and BBC picked it up for a 2 season, all that based on the article I've posted. However, I couldn't find anything on the BBC website (maybe I didn't look thoroughly enough)

About Kong, I also found it had a great potential, but they tried to achieve too many styles in one movie to make it actually good.

I've always hoped they don't make a second series for this reason. They would have to make up a new storyline, and I worry it wouldn't be as good as series 1.
I always felt that the storyline had the potential of being something like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan and I'm all here for it!

Yes, that was the case back in 2017 but apparently the second book was finished and BBC picked it up for a 2 season, all that based on the article I've posted. However, I couldn't find anything on the BBC website (maybe I didn't look thoroughly enough)
But isn't John LeCarré dead? So who wrote the second book?

But isn't John LeCarré dead? So who wrote the second book?
He died in 2020.
No idea! Maybe he did finish the second book or maybe they are putting together something based on his other books? I'm not that familiar with his work but I read he was an espionage writer...maybe they are picking ideas based on those?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.