Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #5 and Amy..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does everyone think will happen Saturday night? Will Amy and Tom watch it together and cry about how unfair it all is šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 16
As a professional does Amy not still have to go? Do they not do group professional dances etc?
Group dances were prefilmed this August. However she still needs to be in the studio on Saturday night though. Every other pro's are there on Saturday.

Reactions: 4
As a professional does Amy not still have to go? Do they not do group professional dances etc?
A lot of group dances are already filmed. Only this weeks and Remembrance Sunday have been filmed recently (so far. Theyā€™re a Smaller cast with only eliminated pros) so unless sheā€™s a the music guest dancer sheā€™s no real reason to still be in London full
Time. Sheā€™s only an hour and halfish from London by train if she was needed.

A lot of group dances are already filmed. Only this weeks and Remembrance Sunday have been filmed recently (so far. Theyā€™re a Smaller cast with only eliminated pros) so unless sheā€™s a the music guest dancer sheā€™s no real reason to still be in London full
Time. Sheā€™s only an hour and halfish from London by train if she was needed.
So she just hangs round like a bad smell!

Reactions: 2
All of the Mcfly men make me cringe, genuinely think theyā€™re all repulsive. Find it so embarrassing that these grown ass men sing their little pop songs on stage and donā€™t wake up to the fact theyā€™re past it and will never have their glory days again šŸ˜‚ sorry I know there are some fans here - just my opinion!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
All of the Mcfly men make me cringe, genuinely think theyā€™re all repulsive. Find it so embarrassing that these grown ass men sing their little pop songs on stage and donā€™t wake up to the fact theyā€™re past it and will never have their glory days again šŸ˜‚ sorry I know there are some fans here - just my opinion!
They make me cringe because itā€™s all so manufactured and fake. McFly and Busted were both UK rip offs of successful American pop punk bands like Blink 182. The difference being that in America thereā€™s actually a proper pop punk scene and the bands are proper bands - not manufactured groups full of rich, entitled little pricks plucked from drama school and told to wear some vans trainers and throw the horn hands up while singing tit teeny bopper songs. How anyone canā€™t take McFly or Busted even remotely seriously baffles me!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
They make me cringe because itā€™s all so manufactured and fake. McFly and Busted were both UK rip offs of successful American pop punk bands like Blink 182. The difference being that in America thereā€™s actually a proper pop punk scene and the bands are proper bands - not manufactured groups full of rich, entitled little pricks plucked from drama school and told to wear some vans trainers and throw the horn hands up while singing tit teeny bopper songs. How anyone canā€™t take McFly or Busted even remotely seriously baffles me!
I think in their prime they were good, they fitted into the boy band era of the early/mid 2000s.
Now its just embarrassing.

Reactions: 18
please donā€™t put mcFly on the same level as Blink šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 17
please donā€™t put mcFly on the same level as Blink šŸ˜‚
No Iā€™m not. Thatā€™s my point. McFly & Busted were conjured up in a boardroom by some music executives to make money. The late 90s and early 2000s saw a huge rise of modern pop punk bands - real bands - in America & Canada. It exploded and was a real movement. So in the UK some years later, they plucked these precocious little boys out from theatre schools and put them into these embarrassing little ā€œbandsā€ and told them to emulate the big American pop punk bands in order to try to corner that market in the UK. But it didnā€™t work - because anyone in the UK who actually likes real proper pop punk music was already into the American bands and wouldnā€™t have been caught dead entertaining these little UK groups. So McFly & Busted just became the bands that daft primary school kids liked. It was teeny bopper rubbish. Still is. Itā€™s tit.

• Haha
No Iā€™m not. Thatā€™s my point. McFly & Busted were conjured up in a boardroom by some music executives to make money. The late 90s and early 2000s saw a huge rise of modern pop punk bands - real bands - in America & Canada. It exploded and was a real movement. So in the UK some years later, they plucked these precocious little boys out from theatre schools and put them into these embarrassing little ā€œbandsā€ and told them to emulate the big American pop punk bands in order to try to corner that market in the UK. But it didnā€™t work - because anyone in the UK who actually likes real proper pop punk music was already into the American bands and wouldnā€™t have been caught dead entertaining these little UK groups. So McFly & Busted just became the bands that daft primary school kids liked. It was teeny bopper rubbish. Still is. Itā€™s tit.
I know, I was joking. Forever a Blink fan šŸ˜ and pop punk šŸ¤˜šŸ»

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I donā€™t know if I am now just looking for it but I thought he came across as thoroughly bored when instagramming with his son earlier. He looks like he is just going through the motions. He looks unsatisfied now he has had a taste of another life
I thought exactly the same, glad I'm not the only one who noticed

I think McFly (and Busted) were very much of their time. But now that time has gone and theyā€™ve not evolved to suit.

Tbf I have went off Tom unfortunately. His whole perfect ā€œFletcher familyā€ has put me right off as well as Gi. Insufferable tbh and I can see the egotistical coming out in him.

However, they are sick live. Genuinely have some of the best harmonies in a band and they still sell out arenas 02 etc. They definitely are underrated and one of the best bands live in the UK. Music wise, they are so so talented imo.

However for me thatā€™s as far as it goes now. Their music. Tom REALLY makes me cringe now, all this Amy fawning, Giā€™s smugness, I canā€™t take it anymorešŸ˜‚

I think McFly (and Busted) were very much of their time. But now that time has gone and theyā€™ve not evolved to suit.
I honestly donā€™t think they need to tbh. They still sell out arenas, the 02 and their last album went to number 2(only beaten by AC/DC which was a tall order). They are sick live tbh and the rest of the band(excluding Tom) are MUCH more down to earth. Itā€™s actually awkward watching their ā€˜livesā€™ little posh Tom just doesnā€™t fit in. Danny is absolutely hilarious, heā€™s stayed humble and is self depreciating which is actually good to see imo. Tom takes himself FAR to seriously and I think heā€™d be insufferable to live with.
Music wise they are still killing it tbh. They 100% deserve the recognition, and I donā€™t think a band like McFly need to change their core sound, so many legendary bands keep it because it works. However their latest album was a lot heavier and better imošŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø. I just try to imagine itā€™s not Tom hahahaa

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
That may be Tom but the rest of the band come from humble beginnings(Harry was more well off but not seriously and Tom too). Theyā€™ve been going for almost 20 years. They definitely deserve recognition Imo. Their harmonies are second to none, and their live shows are insane, so tight and energetic. They still sell out arenas and Iā€™d definitely challenge anyone to go to one of their live gigs and not like it. McFly really canā€™t be compared to Busted, busted lasted two second and were absolutely manufactured pop band, same as McFly but theyā€™ve evolved, most people only think of them from ā€œ5 coloursā€ but their recent album went number two and has a lot more heavy tracks. The rest of the band are lovely and super down to earth. Tom is insufferable and I cannot stand him anymore. Or his wife. And this whole Amy situation is insane! He fancies the pants off her and itā€™s literally obvious to everyone. To the point weā€™re all talking about it on here. Thereā€™s no smoke without fire!

McFly being called legendaryā€¦ā€¦.

Thatā€™s just my opinion šŸ˜ŒšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø. Theyā€™ve been going for 20 years, still sell out arenas, their writing skills are insane as well as their music talent. They kill it live. I think unless youā€™ve listened to their new music, new album, seen their story or watched it. Or saw how they are on interviews or lives, youā€™ll still think they are cheesy McFly from 5 colours. Itā€™s the same reaction so many have, itā€™s really over done. But genuinely would challenge people to watch their live gigs and deny they have talent.

doesnā€™t change my thinking on Tom as a person. I donā€™t think he fits into the group at alllllll. Heā€™s smug, entitled, egotistical and thinks heā€™s the boss who makes all the rules, itā€™s embarrassing. I honestly try to imagine itā€™s someone else if Iā€™m at a gig or listening. His voice is amazing/talent/writing ability and harmonising.. but Danny is a born frontman tbhšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 13
McFly are going to sell out gigs because of nostalgia. They have their group of hardcore fans (which clearly you are) which is great, but I donā€™t think they have the appeal for new fans or a younger generation.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.