Tom and Giovanna Fletcher #5 and Amy..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep trying to imagine Oti’s reaction if he’d tried this tit with her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
We've got Amy picking the kids up from school, reading Max stories, watching a dance show the boys have done for them 🙈

Tom mentioning that they went for dinner again, both of them saying how they want to plan something like a tour or a show so they can "keep dancing". Amy waving at Toms mother in the chat 😳, she's getting teary at one point and he hugs her. Tom being unable to list her worst quality
She’s practically auditioning to be their stepmum!

Reactions: 7
Now that I'm not at work (following this thread on the sly!😅) I went and had a look at the live and crikey! It's so obvious that either something is going on or they both want something to be going on!

We've got Amy picking the kids up from school, reading Max stories, watching a dance show the boys have done for them 🙈

Tom mentioning that they went for dinner again, both of them saying how they want to plan something like a tour or a show so they can "keep dancing". Amy waving at Toms mother in the chat 😳, she's getting teary at one point and he hugs her. Tom being unable to list her worst quality.

But the highlight has to be Amy's face when she obviously sees some of the less favourable comments and she drags Tom away from the camera...around the 20:40 mark for anyone interested (20:40 mins left that is)
I know they have their fans, but what tour promoter is going to back a show featuring a couple that only came 7th and have no memorable dances. They have completely lost the plot

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I reckon this is more Amy than Tom because shes made quite a few comments about gaining the Fletcher family, saying they aren't getting rid of her anytime soon, reposting Tom's wife and sisters posts and on top of that she started as a huge fan. She's now living the dream, going on tour with them, going to soundcheck, backstage, on stage, at their recording studio, and has their merch

Reactions: 13
I've stalked this thread for quite a while but it's now time to post.
I must admit that I did like McFly when they first appeared but I haven't listened to anything in the last decade (if not more). I also did like Gi too but they are both insufferable and twee now.

I know a few posters have mentioned that Gi seems to not "do" McFly and that Amy seems to be so enthusiastic, wearing the merch and at the gig etc. However my view is that both women have a very different view of McFly and Tom. For Gi McFly has been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. I'm sure that in the beginning it was exciting but that only lasts for so long. Eventually it becomes a chore having your partner in the public eye, touring, recording etc and you just want them home to do the dishes and bed time. Part of me thinks she was relieved when they took their hiatus as she had her husband home and the workload was shared more equally. This isn't the case for Amy, she is a fan and she is acting like a fan. The two can't be compared.

As for Gi's petty posts about her winning and having a crown I can, again, see why. For so long she was "Tom from McFlys wife" and she eventually found her place in writing (whether you enjoy her books or not). Tom then came along here and had successful children's books (with a play made about one). She then did some reality TV and won and then he jumped at the chance to do the same (even though he had other commitments). The fact that Tom didn't win is probably the only time she's got to keep something as just hers. I would be the same.

I would also say that there definitely seems to be a power imbalance here and Tom is taking advantage of it. He is the more successful and well known of the two; he is someone that she sees as a "star" and I think this is definitely influencing her actions and he's lapping it up.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Omg as if he doesn’t have the time to support his wife 🙈 but can fanny about dancing with Amy and not to mention barley being there for McFly, what a dick

Reactions: 22
Had to comment as I felt like I was the only person that thinks the whole set up is shady!
Talking to one of my friends she said it’s sweet… I said how would you feel if your husband was fired from work then next day went back to work place purely to hang out with a female colleague then dinner out etc
She still maintains it’s not the same thing and it’s ‘sweet’ 🤦‍♀️
Anyway sorry if these have already been posted, feel all the live comments are just gushing but one or two slip thru

AA4AEEB4-5767-4064-8A0B-9A0F04DAD4D4.jpeg
631046CF-5A3D-4F2B-B1E9-95E1FBF313B0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Had to comment as I felt like I was the only person that thinks the whole set up is shady!
Talking to one of my friends she said it’s sweet… I said how would you feel if your husband was fired from work then next day went back to work place purely to hang out with a female colleague then dinner out etc
She still maintains it’s not the same thing and it’s ‘sweet’ 🤦‍♀️
Anyway sorry if these have already been posted, feel all the live comments are just gushing but one or two slip thru

View attachment 885791View attachment 885792
What a strange IG comment. If he loves dancing, he can join a dance class. What he loves is this thing between him and Amy. I don't know how anyone can think their behaviour is "normal." It is weird to be away from your wife for so long but you immediately rush back to the person you've spent three months with instead.

Reactions: 17
Yikes, how about not voluntarily dancing with Amy for fun and going to support your WIFE instead?
He said in his first live video he had literally nothing to do all week hence why they hired the hall to “rehearse” in. I’m sure he could have jumped on a train to Nottingham. Dick head!

Did anyone else catch at the start of the live when he was talking about the other McFly boys recording and he said ‘obviously I should’ve… well not should’ve… I was HOPING I’d still be in Strictly so I haven’t been booked in to record this week’. Soooo arrogant

• Haha
I've stalked this thread for quite a while but it's now time to post.
I must admit that I did like McFly when they first appeared but I haven't listened to anything in the last decade (if not more). I also did like Gi too but they are both insufferable and twee now.

I know a few posters have mentioned that Gi seems to not "do" McFly and that Amy seems to be so enthusiastic, wearing the merch and at the gig etc. However my view is that both women have a very different view of McFly and Tom. For Gi McFly has been a part of her life for as long as she can remember. I'm sure that in the beginning it was exciting but that only lasts for so long. Eventually it becomes a chore having your partner in the public eye, touring, recording etc and you just want them home to do the dishes and bed time. Part of me thinks she was relieved when they took their hiatus as she had her husband home and the workload was shared more equally. This isn't the case for Amy, she is a fan and she is acting like a fan. The two can't be compared.

As for Gi's petty posts about her winning and having a crown I can, again, see why. For so long she was "Tom from McFlys wife" and she eventually found her place in writing (whether you enjoy her books or not). Tom then came along here and had successful children's books (with a play made about one). She then did some reality TV and won and then he jumped at the chance to do the same (even though he had other commitments). The fact that Tom didn't win is probably the only time she's got to keep something as just hers. I would be the same.

I would also say that there definitely seems to be a power imbalance here and Tom is taking advantage of it. He is the more successful and well known of the two; he is someone that she sees as a "star" and I think this is definitely influencing her actions and he's lapping it up.
I think you make a really good point about Amy being in fangirl mode but I'm not so sure about the power imbalance. Sure, Tom is more well-known than her but I think it's important to remember that Gi has 100% taken advantage of his name to bolster her own endeavours. Her first book, Billy & Me (I think that's the name) was essentially a story about a woman dating a pop star, it was practically her autobiography and the fact that it was vaguely marketed in that way is what helped it become a bestseller (my housemate works in publishing and her company currently represents Gi and she's pretty much confirmed this). Then the baby stuff, she has made a career for herself using her - but also his - kids and his platform. So I don't think she's just Tom from McFly's wife anymore and hasn't been for a long time.

It's a similar story with Carrie - she rode on her brother's success for a while too, heck, he even paid for her drama schooling because she didn't get into the school he went to. I think Tom has gotten so used to people riding off of his success without showing much appreciation for the work he does that having someone like Amy, who is successful in her own right, fan girl over him must make him feel like a new person.

This definitely sounds like I'm sticking up for Tom which I'm not, he's making a fool of Gi but I get sucked into this kind of stuff so it's just a bit of fun theorising!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Did anyone else catch at the start of the live when he was talking about the other McFly boys recording and he said ‘obviously I should’ve… well not should’ve… I was HOPING I’d still be in Strictly so I haven’t been booked in to record this week’. Soooo arrogant
Yep - I knew it! That’s what I said in my earlier post

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.