Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So? Simone Biles has 32 medals including 7 Olympic medals from 2016 Rio and 2020 Tokyo. It’s an incredible achievement to get an Olympic bronze medal. She participated in the team heats and beam final so she didn’t do nothing. It all counts for USA Gymnastics. Athletes get injured and are removed or replaced but that’s not broadcast as they’re not Simone Biles.
Could not agree more!!!
I think anyone that’s questioning her mental health statement needs to go and watch Athlete A on Netflix which gives an insight in the abuse and trauma that some of the USA gymnastic team, including Simone, had to endure.

Reactions: 10
Could not agree more!!!
I think anyone that’s questioning her mental health statement needs to go and watch Athlete A on Netflix which gives an insight in the abuse and trauma that some of the USA gymnastic team, including Simone, had to endure.
Agreed. At the Heart of Gold inside USA Gymnastics on Youtube is a hard watch too but is pretty similar to Athlete A! Gives more of an insight to the abuse those poor girls faced not just from Larry Nassar but the whole institution.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Blind Gossip had posted about Simone saying she only did individual instead of group as that’s where the money is and the other girls have performed whilst injured and aren’t making a fuss about it. It seems like this will just add fuel to the fire. Going to check out the documentary someone kindly mentioned above, it’s disgusting what they force people to do.

I won’t lie, I’m somewhat disappointed that the only British skateboarder the media is focusing on seems to be based in the US. The same seems to go for Bombette (what a name!). There’s something about seeing people who are the same nationality as you but also train in the country you live in that is a bit more inspiring imo
I get what you mean but Bombette did spend some time living in Birmingham for a while.

I’m personally happy that Sky chose to represent team GB. Lots of atheletes are representing countries that they’ve never really lived in. I don’t think it’s that unusual, I’ve heard commentators say “so so and resides in x country whilst representing y country” quite a few times during this Olympics. Apparently Sky chose team gb because they put the least pressure on her. Good for her.

We don’t have anyone based in the uk who is really at the level of Sky of Bombette just yet. I’m sure they will both inspire more young girls to take up skateboarding across the uk.

I can’t wait for the skateboarding later!! I’ll be staying up to watch it all. Sky Brown wants gold and I think she’s in with a good chance.

Reactions: 2
I couldn't believe that rider had the audacity to scream at the rider he had just ploughed into 😡 how about checking if he was okay. I know rules are rules but I don't agree with the result.
It was awful when he screamed at him!! It was F*** something too, it wasn’t nice. And they got caught cheating wearing tape. Definitely think they should of been booted out for that, I hope they lose the next one!

Reactions: 5
I won’t lie, I’m somewhat disappointed that the only British skateboarder the media is focusing on seems to be based in the US. The same seems to go for Bombette (what a name!). There’s something about seeing people who are the same nationality as you but also train in the country you live in that is a bit more inspiring imo
Think it’s because her Dad is British and lives in the US.

Just looked and it’s the same for Bombette. If they feel connected to the culture of their father’s and wish to compete for us then go them! I can’t believe how young they are! Very talented ladies!

Reactions: 4
Would also recommend Mckyla Skinners you tube channel to show hard these girls work.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone watching the women's 10k marathon swimming? Wow those women are machines! They've been swimming for 1 hour and 34 minutes straight! Good on them I could never 😅

Reactions: 7
Are bbc not showing all the skateboarding heats? They’ve gone away from it after the first heat. They showed all the heats for street skating and team gb had no one competing in that, yet we have 2 competing in the park event and they don’t bother to show the whole thing. They’ve now cut to the studio to talk about athletics. Who wants to sit and watch people yapping in the studio when there’s events going on? Joke 🙄

And we’re back please stay on the skating bbc 🙏

Last edited:
This final has been amazing. I didn’t realise Japan had so many amazing young skaters. Unfortunately Sky Brown has fallen in 2 out of 3 runs in the final so far. Currently sitting at 4th despite that. Fingers crossed for her in the final round!

BRONZE FOR SKY SO PROUD 🥉

Last edited:
Anyone seen Warholm's run in the 400m hurdles final?
Amazing race! I watched Rai Benjamin’s post race interview and got a little emotional right along with him. They showed him footage of his family watching his race back home in America. He told his mom he loved her and that he was sorry 😭

I’ll keep an eye on both of them in future races. They’re right there with each other.

Sailing gold! 🥇

Just in tears watching the replay of the Park Skateboarding. Those girls are all so supportive of one another. Lovely to see 💕

Last edited:
Blind Gossip had posted about Simone saying she only did individual instead of group as that’s where the money is and the other girls have performed whilst injured and aren’t making a fuss about it. It seems like this will just add fuel to the fire. Going to check out the documentary someone kindly mentioned above, it’s disgusting what they force people to do.
If whoever wrote that blind thinks Simone Biles hasn’t competed injured before, then they don’t understand gymnastics (or indeed any top level sport).

This last week highlights how much work is still needed to have the general public understand trauma and mental health.

Reactions: 9
Wow, the grumpy rowers with all the millions thrown at them, now upstaged by a thirteen year old girl on a skateboard :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.