Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Daily Mail need to wind their necks in they’ve written some awful articles about certain athletes like diver Pamela Ware from Canada saying you could find better divers at a local pool. Like they could do any better!!

Reactions: 6
Loved Guang Chenchen from China's routine - her leaps were stunning. A well deserved gold.

So nice seeing Simone back performing and a big smile on her face. It just shows how good she really is when she comes out with a classy, clean beam routine with zero twisting skills and still manages a bronze medal. She posted a 6.1 difficulty, which is low for her. Her beam routine in qualifications was a 6.5.

Reactions: 12
Loved Guang Chenchen from China's routine - her leaps were stunning. A well deserved gold.
I actually preferred the other Chinese girl routine! Her routine just seemed to lack something for me...

So happy for Simone! To think this is the same medal she got on balance beam in rio even though the circumstances are so different is just insane!

Reactions: 3
Our individual show jumper, Harry, has just jumped clear inside the time in the qualifier. Sounds like swapping him and Holly (who will now be on the team) was a good idea.

I see Biles FINALLY did something now.. Only Bronze...but better than nothing. The daily mail comments about her are brutal 🙈 they used to be 100% positive, I don't think people have liked how she had been able to pick and choose which one, they said you should be either 'in or out' the competition.

But they've also answered my question, I asked the other day why she didn't just go home if she's not doing anything? They said Tokyo's rules is that you have to leave 48hrs after your competition has finished so that's why she was cancelling individually. 😉

The Chinese are just on another level aren't they? They were incredible in the Women's diving and congrats to the two Chinese ladies for winning Gold and Silver. Shame about Sunisa missing out.

• Heart
  • Angry
Our second individual, Ben Maher and his fab horse has also gone clear with the fastest time so that’s two in the individual final 🤞🏼🇬🇧

Reactions: 1
I see Biles FINALLY did something now.. Only Bronze...but better than nothing. The daily mail comments about her are brutal 🙈 they used to be 100% positive, I don't think people have liked how she had been able to pick and choose which one, they said you should be either 'in or out' the competition.

But they've also answered my question, I asked the other day why she didn't just go home if she's not doing anything? They said Tokyo's rules is that you have to leave 48hrs after your competition has finished so that's why she was cancelling individually. 😉

The Chinese are just on another level aren't they? They were incredible in the Women's diving and congrats to the two Chinese ladies for winning Gold and Silver. Shame about Sunisa missing out.
its not really her fault she couldn't perform, imagine training your whole life for the Olympics, getting into every final for your sport (not common at all!) and then not being able to compete
she chose beam because it was the only one she could safely do, and of course, she would cancel her events day by day, why pull out of them all on day 1, then the day before you were going to compete you feel like you can...but you've pulled out a week ago so you can't

so happy for china though, very well deserved and i hope they have better luck in paris 2024
the gold medalist for beam from china looks so tiny!!! can't believe she is 16 years old!! she looks about 9 haha

• Heart
Reactions: 17
its not really her fault she couldn't perform, imagine training your whole life for the Olympics, getting into every final for your sport (not common at all!) and then not being able to compete
she chose beam because it was the only one she could safely do, and of course, she would cancel her events day by day, why pull out of them all on day 1, then the day before you were going to compete you feel like you can...but you've pulled out a week ago so you can't
Exactly this. She needed to train for the events to see what she could do safely. Beam was the most logical one for her to still take part in because you can do a full routine with no twisting skills - as she did today. Can't really do that on any other (you could physically do it on floor but it wouldn't be anywhere close to a medal level routine).
She qualified for the final, so she's entitled to be there. People acting as if she stole someone else's spot all over the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That was so good. That is like a gold for Keely because Mu is another level. Bless her in her interview ❤ Such a shame for Jemma to be run out of 3rd. Great achievement for all our ladies to reach this final though.

I am so impressed by the maturity that teen athletes are showing during these Olympics. Just seen Mu being interviewed, really impressive. If that was me at that age, talking on global TV I would be all over the place. This is the biggest stage and the young athletes have performed with such credit in all sports and in the interviews too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Biles qualified for the individual events on 25/07 and posted high scores for all so she has every right to compete in the finals. I think people need to give her a break. She didn’t steal anyone’s place as all athletes in Tokyo competed for individual qualification on floor, vault, bars and beam and her withdrawal from the other events gave the reserve enough time to prepare (the floor reserve was Jennifer from Team GB). She helped the USA to qualify for the team final with her scores.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Bit cringe Simone’s post Olympics tour is called “Gold Over America” and she didn’t win a gold this time around.

No wonder she was feeling the pressure 🙈

Reactions: 4
Bit cringe Simone’s post Olympics tour is called “Gold Over America” and she didn’t win a gold this time around.

No wonder she was feeling the pressure 🙈
I actually don’t think that matters too much… she is a history maker and yes she didn’t win gold this time but she’s done much more than just be a winner

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I actually don’t think that matters too much… she is a history maker and yes she didn’t win gold this time but she’s done much more than just be a winner
It wasn’t a dig at her more the level of expectation and pressure put on her is totally ridiculous!

So? Simone Biles has 32 medals including 7 Olympic medals from 2016 Rio and 2020 Tokyo. It’s an incredible achievement to get an Olympic bronze medal. She participated in the team heats and beam final so she didn’t do nothing. It all counts for USA Gymnastics. Athletes get injured and are removed or replaced but that’s not broadcast as they’re not Simone Biles.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I won’t lie, I’m somewhat disappointed that the only British skateboarder the media is focusing on seems to be based in the US. The same seems to go for Bombette (what a name!). There’s something about seeing people who are the same nationality as you but also train in the country you live in that is a bit more inspiring imo

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.