Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The summer of (delayed) sport continues. A thread for all Olympic Games chat. Discuss the events, the controversies, the athletes and whatever else.

Let the games begin!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m so excited off to see last meet at Gateshead tomorrow, Dina has pulled out due to injury 😭 hope she’s ok for Tokyo

Reactions: 2
Going to be a pretty bleak atmosphere with Tokyo in crisis, and the fact no one seems to want the Games to be going ahead there.

I‘m so excited! Probably most excited for both gymnastics but also love diving.

Reactions: 4
Going to be a pretty bleak atmosphere with Tokyo in crisis, and the fact no one seems to want the Games to be going ahead there.
Doha was the same for the world championships, playing to empty crowds. They are used to it sadly!

I’m here for the 7s 🙌🏻 And the athletics. And the swimming. Tbh I love most of it 😂

And of course my every-four-years obsession with dressage 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Doha was the same for the world championships, playing to empty crowds. They are used to it sadly!
I was coming at it more from a being at home watching perspective. There's no doubt the athletes are used to adapting to all sorts, although hugely disappointing for some of them to not get a full experience for what might be their only Olympics.

Reactions: 1
I was coming at it more from a being at home watching perspective. There's no doubt the athletes are used to adapting to all sorts, although hugely disappointing for some of them to not get a full experience for what might be their only Olympics.

Yes! This is what I think about the Lions tour too. It’s the pinnacle of their career and they’re not getting to share it with their families or even able to go out in SA and actually do things. They’re not even allowed in the stadium if they’re not in the match day squad.

• Heart
I cannot wait for this to start. Most looking toward to the equestrian events.

Yes, that and the time difference is going to make a lot of difference. We are 8 hours behind, so I guess that puts all the timings of the finals at about midday UK time, with most of the heats taking place in the early hours of the morning. Better than the Rio timings though.

Events-wise I'm looking forward to pretty much everything, though my favourites are athletics, gymnastics and equestrian.

Really hoping Dina is going to be OK, and everything crossed for KJT in the heptathlon as I love her.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree but at least it’s happening would have been worse if it had been cancelled (again)

Yes! This is what I think about the Lions tour too. It’s the pinnacle of their career and they’re not getting to share it with their families or even able to go out in SA and actually do things. They’re not even allowed in the stadium if they’re not in the match day squad.
Don't get me started on the Lions tour, I was lucky enough to be at Murrayfield but even that wasn't comparable to what it should be like for those guys.

For those interested in the equestrian sports, the dressage is on at 9am our time. Not sure yet about the SJ and eventing.

• Heart
Don't get me started on the Lions tour, I was lucky enough to be at Murrayfield but even that wasn't comparable to what it should be like for those guys.

I originally had tickets for that game. They got cancelled, so me and my boyfriend decided to take his PT team up Ben Ledi. Saw a couple of days before that there were tickets available, put the feelers out to cancel the trip and everyone else buzzing so we had to miss the game. I was raging 😂

For those interested in the equestrian sports, the dressage is on at 9am our time. Not sure yet about the SJ and eventing.

I am so glad I WFH!

I originally had tickets for that game. They got cancelled, so me and my boyfriend decided to take his PT team up Ben Ledi. Saw a couple of days before that there were tickets available, put the feelers out to cancel the trip and everyone else buzzing so we had to miss the game. I was raging 😂

I am so glad I WFH!
Me too!

The mascots are as cute and anime-y as you'd expect from a Tokyo Olympics. Much better than whatever the phallic London cyclops thing was :ROFLMAO:

1626094066139.png

Reactions: 6
I'm looking forward to watching this, I'm interested in the diving, the track cycling (i'd love the see the Kenny's get Gold again) and Adam Peaty swimming. I'm sure there will be a lot more who i think of when it gets going

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.