Tokyo Olympic Games 2020/1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we think the Olympics will ever come back to the UK in our lifetime? The 2028 games are going to be held in Los Angeles again, only 40 odd years after they were last held there in 1984 and 2032 in Brisbane, Australia only 30 odd years after the Sydney games. I know Manchester have bid before, but I wonder if they’d open to bidding again in the future? What about the places where they’ve never been like the African continent, SA held the World Cup in 2010 and did a pretty decent job of hosting that. Then there’s Berlin, I wonder if they’d even consider hosting it again? Putting the past to rest for good.

Reactions: 3
So who is creating the Paris 2024 thread! Really looking forward to that now!

Excited to see Break Dancing there as well as Sport Climbing and Skateboarding again, but disappointed they didn't put Parkour up as a new sport for Paris!

Love their logo by the way, really clever and stylish.

1628430874160.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Do we think the Olympics will ever come back to the UK in our lifetime? The 2028 games are going to be held in Los Angeles again, only 40 odd years after they were last held there in 1984 and 2032 in Brisbane, Australia only 30 odd years after the Sydney games. I know Manchester have bid before, but I wonder if they’d open to bidding again in the future? What about the places where they’ve never been like the African continent, SA held the World Cup in 2010 and did a pretty decent job of hosting that. Then there’s Berlin, I wonder if they’d even consider hosting it again? Putting the past to rest for good.
I think so! They like countries with existing infrastructure and would give the UK a real tourism boost which it would need, I reckon we’ll get it like Japan did 50 years (was it?) after their last host. I don’t see Manchester getting the olympics, the common wealth games yes but they like them to be hosted in capital cities so it’d have to be London with maybe one sport in Manchester like the football? Or something

Reactions: 4
So who is creating the Paris 2024 thread! Really looking forward to that now!

Excited to see Break Dancing there as well as Sport Climbing and Skateboarding again, but disappointed they didn't put Parkour up as a new sport for Paris!

Love their logo by the way, really clever and stylish.

View attachment 703246
Paralympics still to go!

The commonwealth games are in Birmingham next year and the NE of England are bidding to host the European athletics in 2026.

lots to look forward too 🥰

Reactions: 3
I don't know, I can see Manchester putting in a bid at some point. Brisbane is only the third largest city in Aus and isn't very big really

I've loved this Olympics so much. Although there's been no spectators, it's felt like the focus has been even more on the athletes and their stories than usual. I'm going to miss waking up in the morning and checking my phone to see what we've won 😆

Reactions: 9
I dont think some of our football fans could be trusted with the world cup on UK soil.
Agreed with the behaviour of the fans at the euros I honestly don’t think we deserve to host it, and selfishly I don’t want that behaviour in my local city

Reactions: 2
Agreed with the behaviour of the fans at the euros I honestly don’t think we deserve to host it, and selfishly I don’t want that behaviour in my local city
100% agree with you, I dont know what is wrong with some of the fans. You never see that kind of trouble at athletics, cricket, rugby etc... we definitely do not deserve to host a major football tournament.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.