Today with Maura and Daithi (RTE)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I couldn't find a thread about this so I'm starting one: please let me know if this is a duplicate!

So I'm going to come out and say it (and you may have guessed from my profile pic) : I think the Today show is great.

During lockdown and being at home a lot meant I watched this a lot. I love the mix of topics they have one (apart from hair/makeup/fashion which doesn't apply to me): really like most of the guest chefs, and Daithi having the craic with them. Also like the dive into the archives, and the various other bits and pieces.

I just know lots of people won't like Maura, but I think she's very good and has great chemistry with Daithi.

I, however, cannot hack the interloper on Mondays and Tuesdays. Ridiculous hair, outfits and general appearance. Annoying voice like a belt sander. Yes we know you're from Cork, we get it !

So the floor is open: what do you guys think?

Reactions: 2
I'm not a fan of maura, even when she presented with Sheena and blaithnaid years ago.

Reactions: 1
I can see why people might not like her, there is a certain vibe. But for some reason that I can't put my finger on I like her.
Maybe it's the good chemistry with Daithi and I love how they lapse into Irish every so often I think it's endearing

Reactions: 3
Kevin Dundon doing three different types of spuds yesterday: I thought Daithi was going to explode in ecstacy

• Haha
I canny mind the name of the "chef" but a few weeks ago made pasta WITH CABBAGE. Absolute shite and worthy of a Jack Monroe recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I canny mind the name of the "chef" but a few weeks ago made pasta WITH CABBAGE. Absolute shite and worthy of a Jack Monroe recipe.
I think that was Paul Flynn of the Tannery in Dungarven and you're right it was not one of his finest hours.

But he is normally very good !

• Haha
My ma had it on and I honestly couldnae tell if he was ripping the piss!
He's an unreal chef, but at times he goes waay to simple when he's on Today. Maybe it's because of the time pressure.
This week he had a dish which was red cabbage, he plonked a lump of burrata on it and put a dressing on it. That was it !

I like Eunice Power, she seems like good craic

Is brea liom Maura 's Dáithí 😄 I love that they don't have that ubiquitous RTÉ Dublin 4 accent and there's a lovely cosy atmosphere on their show. I think Maura always looks fabulous 🙂
What do you think of Ryan Tubridy? I can't bear him and can't watch The Late Late now, and I used to love it when it was Gaybo 😥 Couldn't bear Pat Kenny either!

Is brea liom Maura 's Dáithí 😄 I love that they don't have that ubiquitous RTÉ Dublin 4 accent and there's a lovely cosy atmosphere on their show. I think Maura always looks fabulous 🙂
What do you think of Ryan Tubridy? I can't bear him and can't watch The Late Late now, and I used to love it when it was Gaybo 😥 Couldn't bear Pat Kenny either!
I love the difference between Maura and Daithi and everything on TV3, which is so Dublin centred. I feel that Maura and Daithi represents the country outside of Dublin really well. Agree there is a great atmosphere on the show, you can tell they have been presenting together years, there is a great rapport between them.

Yes Maura always looks great 🤤:devilish: !

I cannot abide Tubridy. I like him doing the toy show, where he brings great energy to things. He also seems really able to connect to kids. But the regular late late he just gives me ire !

• Heart
What did people think of the guest presenters.

Lady from Radio Kerry: Very smooth
Rachel Allen: Annoying. Her persona is grating. Poor woman has a lot to deal with, I do wish her the best with that.
Eunice Power: So wooden
The girl off the home schooling: great, very natural
Una Healy: Lovely in every way possible

This is back today and they have a replacement in for Sinead Kennedy (who grated on me anyway).
Anyone looking forward to the new season?

I used to watch this loads during lockdown and when my eldest was a baby I really miss it.

I am just her for a kind of rave about Maura Derrane!
She did a brilliant job filling in on THAT 9am slot on Radio 1.

I follow her on insta and she comes across as genuine normal and not a try hard.
And she is looking better than ever this year! Whoever dresses her for Today is doing a great job