To just need to rant about the instamums

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest post is everything I hate about Instagram. A rambling about about losing her instagram mojo and worrying about ‘what is it I’m trying to say’. The pretence that the instamums indulge in is laughable.

Pretending you are using Instagram to share a ‘message’. Come on, you are using it to flog stuff and earn money. Own what you do and stop dressing it up as some sort of social crusade.

Reactions: 3
I think Erica is struggling with what her message is at the moment too.

I became irritated by her when she got the hump when The Times featured her picture in some John Lewis clothes and she wasn’t credited ( how bloody dare they:eek:) then she had a moan about it.

If that’s all you’ve got to complain about ED give your head a wobble.

I feel much better now getting that off my chest.

Reactions: 1
An instamum has written in her stories today “I work bloody hard it’s a full time job keeping on top of my IG account”. Poor thing it must be so exhausting :rolleyes:

Oh come on it’s not a full time job & it’s certainly not hard work, it literally involves taking a few pretty photos every week. Honestly :rolleyes: it’s laughable really...

Reactions: 4
An instamum has written in her stories today “I work bloody hard it’s a full time job keeping on top of my IG account”. Poor thing it must be so exhausting :rolleyes:

Oh come on it’s not a full time job & it’s certainly not hard work, it literally involves taking a few pretty photos every week. Honestly :rolleyes: it’s laughable really...
Come on spill ;)who’s burning it at both ends keeping the wolf from the door?

Agreed op. I teach in an inner city school and get the rage about this too. It’s fine to feel overwhelmed but they just have you make it ‘a thing.’ All that pulling up the drawbridge, naps saves lives nonsense. Just have a bloody nap!! Don’t except a medal for it!

Reactions: 4
Does anyone follow absolutelyfabulucy? I like the fact she’s a bit alternative but my god that woman never stops moaning. And what does she do all day? Guessing husband has a good job because she doesn’t seem to work and her house looks fairly big. She also went on a huge sweary rant about people taking the piss out of her children’s names... they’re called Ziggy, Bowie, Bolan and something else. What does she expect?

Insta mums drive me mad. I’m an overworked GP with twin 2 year olds. Lord give me strength because my life is nothing compared to going from fancy breakfast to free blow dry to free renovations in the house to free breaks to soho farmhouse!

(Also hi. First time posting. You lot have me in stitches!)

Reactions: 14
I don’t follow AF because there’s something about her that I find so irritating under the rainbows and positivity. I went to have a look at her account just now and she has a horrible meme on her stories.
I once saw someone ‘call her out’ (ugh what is a better phrase for that?) on her privilege when she was saying every mother deserves weeks away on holiday without their kids. The pile on was vicious, especially remember ultimate girl gang calling the poster a witch, nice.

Reactions: 2
Come on spill ;)who’s burning it at both ends keeping the wolf from the door?
It was marthashappilyeverfter who said it’s a full time job looking after her insta. I do actually like her, she seems genuine and has a great sense of style but that comment did make me laugh. I work as a civil servant, full time along having 2 children under 4 and my partner lodges away 5-6 days/nights a week so when instamums, who get to stay at home with their children and make lots of money or get free stuff just from posting a few photos, have a moan about how much “hard work” is it, well it beggars belief really.

It's the whole "can you guys see my posts?!" Yes I just don't like the ads now f*** off

Reactions: 5
It’s not AF kids first names that are the issue, it’s the middle names that raise eyebrows

It’s not AF kids first names that are the issue, it’s the middle names that raise eyebrows
Don’t worry though, because susie verril gave it the thumbs up it needed as she gave one of hers the middle name nugget (or something else equally ridiculous) so all is restored in reality...

I don’t care about AF kids names, mine have some dubious middle names, it’s not anyone else’s business. It’s her vacuous, privileged, whining, moaning, fake dreads persona that bothers me. Her husband owns a vape brand, I didn’t realise it was so lucrative.

I don’t care about AF kids names, mine have some dubious middle names, it’s not anyone else’s business. It’s her vacuous, privileged, whining, moaning, fake dreads persona that bothers me. Her husband owns a vape brand, I didn’t realise it was so lucrative.
That’s the whole thing though, it is our business, just like it’s our business what her husband does, there is no privacy because they sold themselves (and their children) up the river.
Plus, it’s because she’s so privileged and vacuous that she thinks it’s okay to give her child the name egg butty

That’s the whole thing though, it is our business, just like it’s our business what her husband does, there is no privacy because they sold themselves (and their children) up the river.
Yeah you’re right, I just can’t get worked up about the kids names, appreciate why others do though.

Didn’t know that about her husband. They still must both come from money.