To influence or not to influence?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So.... I have had a couple of emails recently asking if I'd like some products/payment in return for doing some posts.

They're really good brands/products - I'm a bit shocked.

I got the email today confirming the payment information 😱

So my question is, shall I do it?! Are ALL influencers bad influencers? This would be much-needed income for my family at the moment and would take minimal effort based on my home/photographs/the products.

Anyone else had this?

Reactions: 4
Personally, I think if it’s a product you would use anyway, and you’re willing to continue using it after the contract ends, then I don’t see why not.
Although influencing can be a slippery slope so I’d be transparent with your followers so they don’t turn against you.

Reactions: 5
So.... I have had a couple of emails recently asking if I'd like some products/payment in return for doing some posts.

So my question is, shall I do it?! Are ALL influencers bad influencers? This would be much-needed income for my family at the moment and would take minimal effort based on my home/photographs/the products.

Anyone else had this?
I don't have any problem with people influencing - as long as they are transparent about it and not just advertising stuff for the sake of the money (Alfie being sponsored by mini on their eco campaign yet drives a gas guzzling Range Rover and gives not one duck about global warming - and people advertising Samsung phones when they clearly ALWAYS use Apple etc)

Congratulations on your success :)

Reactions: 3

Anyone else had this?
Absolutely do it! And don’t forget us little people once you become rich and famous 🤗. Kidding! I think advertising has existed for a very long time, and it will continue to exist. As long as you do it ethically, and there is definitely a way to do it that way, although it will reduce profits in the short term, as long as you keep an eye on the long term and nurture your brand, it will pay off. I think brands are realising that authenticity is the most important thing in an influencer, and as the current craze of mad flogging passes, the influencers who will be most sought after are the one who have ethical values and who the audience can rely on to be truthful and non-exploitative. So I say go for it and best of luck! 👍

Reactions: 2
Is this on Instagram? I've always wondered how many followers you need to start getting offers! How many do you have and does your account have a theme?

What kind of offers do you get for 2k followers. That seems low. Although I see someone I studied with who had 6000 and is always at opening nights and events and getting sent free clothes all the time
Paid promotional campaign by a well known brand related to the cleaning world.

Reactions: 2
I have no issues with this as long as
no kids naked/on the potty/bath
its marked clearly as an ad
be transparent
it fits with your content
Not too much information shared (I dont need nor want to know about your child’s bowel movements-I deal with enough of that at home)
you don’t get really big and use your page to attack anyone

in other words watch hinch and do the opposite of what she does
and dont forget us plebs when your massive
good luck and all the best!

Reactions: 1
Depends what you go for, I only have 700 hundred followers, I have done an ad for a gorgeous company who turns your kids drawings/ writing into a keychain/jewellery, and we also do kids clothes and get a % off or free stuff if it's new styles.

Obviously they aren't paid adverts but I get free stuff in return for posting about them.
I'd only do things I genuinely like though, I think you can tell the fake ads, it's all just I love it, I really love it, I love it so much, no actual information about the items or brand.

Is this on Instagram? I've always wondered how many followers you need to start getting offers! How many do you have and does your account have a theme?

Reactions: 1