Tips on removing dye transfer from clothes!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday I wore my nice new cream parka coat. Also wore my black cross body bag. It rained heavily yesterday and the flipping dye from the bag has stained my new coat!
Any tips on removing this. I am so annoyed. 😞

Someone might have better advice because what I do comes with the risk of bleaching, but my logic is if it’s already ruined it’s worth a try. My toddlers clothes are always getting stained and soaking them in the Vanish Oxyaction for whites then washing as usual nearly always gets the stains out without damaging the item. You can try the version for colours first if you want but I’ve found that doesn’t work well. It kind of expensive but worth it imo

Though as a coat it might be dry clean only, you could try taking it to a dry cleaners to see if they can help? I’ve never used them so not sure if they’re able to get big stains out but I assume so

Reactions: 1
Yesterday I wore my nice new cream parka coat. Also wore my black cross body bag. It rained heavily yesterday and the flipping dye from the bag has stained my new coat!
Any tips on removing this. I am so annoyed. 😞
That exact same thing happened to me once - new cream work jacket, black bag and rain. I took it to the dry cleaners and they got the stain out no problem, would never have known it had been there. 😀

Reactions: 1