Tips on nausea

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm eating little and often, keeping up with fluids, but my god this nausea does not ease off day/night or even during the night😞

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Sea sickness bands? The kind you wear around your wrists. Never tried them myself but it’s worth a punt if you’ve tried everything else!

Reactions: 2
Yea it is

I have orderd some i will give anything a go if it means i can get more food in me 😂
Bless you are you actually being sick or is it just nausea (I dont mean 'just' I know how relentless nausea is).

I had terrible sickness and nausea throughout my pregnancies and always ended up on anti sickness medication, it was always worse on week 9.

Cyclizine - anti-sickness tablets from the doctor's. I'm still on them due to hyperemesis gravidarum at 22 weeks pregnant. It was either these or hospitalisation, unfortunately. So I of course chose the tablets.

I know people say ginger, or whatever else worked for them. But if it is really bad and really persistent, then you'd be better off heading to the doctor's.

Hope you feel better soon.

When I had hyperemesis the only things that helped were haribo tangfastics and ready salted crisps. Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: 3
I have been to the midwife this afternoon and she has told me get myself to the doctor if the nausea does not ease off. Its awfull i just want to eat 😂
I demolished a pack of Maoams last night & ready salted crisps are life right now 😂

Smelling something citrus used to held so I had loads of lemon hand wash & shower gels etc sounds weird but worth a try the ginger or crackers never helped me just try to stay hydrated I was in hospital for Christmas at 6 months pregnant never felt so miserable in my life!

I have had HG with all my pregnancies, you have my full sympathy.
Travel sickness bands helped take the edge off for me, I got the Sea Band ones from a chemist.
Do talk to your GP about medication, I took Cyclizine mainly but used a pill cutter to make more manageable doses spread through the day/night.
Ice cold water and Isotonic drinks like Lucozade stayed down, just take small sips but often. Ice cubes and ice lollies helped me.
Colder foods like salads/sandwiches/wraps rather than hot meals.
Grapefruit/lemon/citrus smells/taste helps, candles and sucking on sherbet lemons.
Preggie Pops/drops/special blend pregnancy teas and oils...basically everything I purchased on Amazon in desperation did not work for me.
Ginger tea with a slice of lemon or ginger in a form you can tolerate.
Taking your vitamins/swapping the brand of vitamins and being checked for low iron levels.
Audiobooks/Netflix/Comedy on YouTube...whatever distracts you, try it. It is a horrible and isolating feeling because you don’t want to see anyone and when you do the sickness leaves you feeling weak and tired and unsociable.
I hope you get some respite soon 🙂

I have had HG with all my pregnancies, you have my full sympathy.
Travel sickness bands helped take the edge off for me, I got the Sea Band ones from a chemist.
Do talk to your GP about medication, I took Cyclizine mainly but used a pill cutter to make more manageable doses spread through the day/night.
Ice cold water and Isotonic drinks like Lucozade stayed down, just take small sips but often. Ice cubes and ice lollies helped me.
Colder foods like salads/sandwiches/wraps rather than hot meals.
Grapefruit/lemon/citrus smells/taste helps, candles and sucking on sherbet lemons.
Preggie Pops/drops/special blend pregnancy teas and oils...basically everything I purchased on Amazon in desperation did not work for me.
Ginger tea with a slice of lemon or ginger in a form you can tolerate.
Taking your vitamins/swapping the brand of vitamins and being checked for low iron levels.
Audiobooks/Netflix/Comedy on YouTube...whatever distracts you, try it. It is a horrible and isolating feeling because you don’t want to see anyone and when you do the sickness leaves you feeling weak and tired and unsociable.
I hope you get some respite soon 🙂
Thank you so much I am willing to give anything a try once, as I said before I have ordered the wristbands, I have had a better day today and I have just ate whatever has popped into my mind😂 but it is is the most I have ate in the last 4/5 days so I did take full advantage. I will give it a couple more days and if it does not ease up I will go to my GP.

Lemon squash and orange calipos (sorry if I've spelt it wrong!) Also nibbling a couple of biscuits before you get out of bed in the morning. I found those forehead headache strips really soothing too oddly enough 🤣. Good luck hopefully it will pass ☺

Try Volvic touch of fruit lemon and lime water or slices of lemon in water. I had nausea really bad with my little girls pregnancy, but was never sick, always on the edge!. I remember going to TKMaxx and randomly smelling this lemon soap bar, I couldn't stop thinking about the soap all day because it was almost like as soon as I sniffed it, the nausea had gone 🤷 carex lemon handwaah or original source lemon shower gel may help too. Hooe you feel better soon. Xx

I am giving the lemon water a try today I had such a good day yesterday and today it has come back with a Vengeance😒

I am giving the lemon water a try today I had such a good day yesterday and today it has come back with a Vengeance😒
Oh no ☹ it really is horrible! Hope the lemon water helps. My nausea was so bad I resulted in chewing on sponges (vile I know!) , face cloths, towels, anything dry. Ive always said nausea is worse than vomiting, at least when you vomit the sicky feeling goes for a bit. Nausea just hovers over and hits you like a tonne of bricks! X

I totally agree give me being sick over nausea any day. My day off from work is tomorrow so if I wake up feeling the same I will definitely take a trip to the GP my midwife told me yesterday to lay it on a little bit thick because sometimes some GPs are hesitant about prescribing just for nausea xx

I'm waving the white flag i give up, I've had such little food & fluid for a week now, i need some help off to the GP at 4