Tinder Swiping.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you do if you come across someone on tinder, do you swipe for them?

Take me for example, I have a neighbour who I see most days even more now we are aren't working, we live in separate blocks of flats but they are joined but I see him in passing. Now we are both on Tinder and I've seen his profile a few times but always swiped the other way, his profile has popped up again and I wanna swipe but can't due to sheer embrassment, if we match great but I have to see him out and about, but if we don't still awkward. He is an attractive looking guy and he has seen me looking rough whilst out walking my dog. What do you do?

This is why I'm never on Tinder when I'm in my hometown. Cause I never know what to do when swiping by a neighbour, an old classmate, a friends brother or a cousin. Last one I would obviously swipe left but I still find it so awkward to have seen them on there and knowing they saw me.

Don't know why no one ever talks about this. Its a huge hindrance for me. Putting yourself out there with pictures and a description on an app being designed to help you hook up with people is awkward enough as it is, but the realisation that people you know will see it is too much for me to handle.

Reactions: 3
My ex boyfriend was on tinder going back 2 years ago now with pictures of me on and pictures of our son on.
I have nothing to do with him due to dv and a restraining order. I reported the account funny thing is he had a new gf at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I think it's totally up to you (helpful right lol). If you are at all interested in him this might be a good way to get to know him - after all you are both on Tinder and chances are he knows you are!!
I think swipe right if you are interested no matter who the person is, and swipe left if you are not interested (I think it's right for interested and left for not interested...I quit Tinder 5 years ago, after I met my partner with whom I have now been 5 years! 😜)

I would just swipe if that's what you want. He won't know which way you have swiped, unless you both match. Even if you swipe him and he doesn't swipe you back, he won't know that you have swiped him so no reason to be awkward :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I would just swipe if that's what you want. He won't know which way you have swiped, unless you both match. Even if you swipe him and he doesn't swipe you back, he won't know that you have swiped him so no reason to be awkward :)
Was just about to write the same thing!!

You can actually see if you pay the monthly fee for a premium account. Go for it anyway. I think if he keeps coming up there’s a chance he’s already swiped right on you?

Reactions: 3
Is it swipe right for yes? Well when I was on tinder back in the day I used to swipe right for my neighbours and people I knew out of politeness, we usually matched so I think they were doing the same. I would go for it cause you might even just get someone to chat to at this boring time.

I’d swipe right! And if you match bonus! Then you can just make a joke out of it! You never know it might be something special starting! :)

I am currently trying to encourage my cousin to do the same thing. What have you got to lose?

Hope you swiped right... It's been a little while so you could be married by now! 😂

Reactions: 1
When I was on tinder, I came across someone that was a few years above me at school- one of the ‘cool’ lads and I always swiped left as I thought it was embarrassing as I wasn’t one of the popular girls at school. Anyway, I ended up growing some balls and swiped right. Turns out he had too and we have now been together for over a year and a half and live together! Just do it :giggle::love:

• Heart
Reactions: 8