Thrift thick

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone make a thread in the Guru section about "Thrift thick"? She's a beauty guru with about 270,000 subs and pretty problematic. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. :)

Thanks for this. :)
Anyone up for discussing Cassie? I used to love this girl and find her so quirky and relatable back in the days when she was studying in Boston. I don't think I've ever seen a guru sink so fast as her though. She comes across as so bitter with the world and her subscribers now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Can someone make a thread in the Guru section about "Thrift thick"? She's a beauty guru with about 270,000 subs and pretty problematic. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. :)

Thanks for this. :)
Anyone up for discussing Cassie? I used to love this girl and find her so quirky and relatable back in the days when she was studying in Boston. I don't think I've ever seen a guru sink so fast as her though. She comes across as so bitter with the world and her subscribers now.
Yes please! I’ve been lurking on ytt for months but it would never let me register. I had to verify my email but I’d never get the email to do it :mad:

Reactions: 2
New vlog has just been posted. Yet more clothes that she doesn't need, and it all looks so drab and ill fitting. I actually didn't realise at first that she was showing us things she was trying on as it all looked so similar to what she always wears. :ROFLMAO:

I can’t believe all her dating videos where she always seemed picky about dumb things, she must have been on at least 20 dates that weren’t up to her standards and then this is what she ends up with 😂😭

• Haha
Anyone here still watching her? I just can't believe how she seems to get worse and worse with each video. I can't really watch them anymore. I just skim the comments and then GG for any updates. I actually feel quite dirty and grimy whenever I see her and Dan together. They just seem so unwashed looking, and it appears Cassie admitted this is usually the case for Dan recently. They just seem to have dragged each other down.
Also have to say the actual quality of her filming is shocking. Over 10 years on youtube and her videos are so grainy and unfocused. I think she actually did filming as part of her degree as well!

I checked her channel recently and it hasn't changed much. It's the same sub count, clickbait thumbnails and titles (fake crying, "goodbye") and ThredUp reviews of the same outdated clothes.

Some new things I've learned watching her recent Xmas vlogs:

Apparently she's the one working, cooking, cleaning, washing dishes, taking care of her cats, while being ill. Dan doesn't seem to be very caring, at least from the vlog footage.

Cassie also started working outside of YouTube.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
Yeah, it seems shes working at Goodwill. Dan worked there for years so wonder if he got her the job? Either way it can only be good for her I think to actually be doing something outside her apartment and interacting with people. She had become so reclusive and seems to have no actual friends left. I'm not surprised as she just generally seems to treat people quite badly.
I also actually think good on her for taking a job that I just know she will deem beneath her. I remember all her talk about how she didn't spend years at college to end up in what she called a "gutter job". Hopefully this might humble her a bit, open her eyes to the world and make her a better person. I'm not holding my breath though. She has been very very indulged throughout her life.
Dan looks like he couldn't care much about her at all now, and it's harsh to say, but I think he just saw a way out of his bad living circumstances at the time. He seems to be totally stoned and checked out every time he is on camera and just kind of not engaged with her at all. I can't see him leaving though unless someone else comes along. He seems to just want an easy life, and Cassie seems so desperate for a boyfriend (of any description) that she will never ever dump him. It's just sad to watch. Dan is without doubt a loser, but he also lost both parents in the past year I think. You'd never know it though from the way Cassie treats him on camera. Everything is all about her.

Just watched one of her newer videos and it seems like she gave him an ultimatum about being so dirty and never cleaning! Doubt she will follow through though but she’s said she had break downs about the mess

I would be stunned if she actually dumped him. It won't happen. She has made him her entire personality. She has been so focused on actually having a boyfriend she set aside any actual standards. Despite everything she claimed on previous "dates" (I'm dubious about even half of those happening) I think it was always the guy that chose not to have a second date. She absolutely reeked of desperation. It was really sad to watch. Am amazed her Mother had a word with her.
I remember when she first started seeing Dan, after a week or so he tried telling her he had a major promotion and so would be leaving for Florida and they'd be breaking up. She cried and begged him to take her with him and "use her". I'm seriously doubtful there was ever a promotion on the cards for this stoner. He was trying to let her down the easiest way he could see.
Cassie herself seems incredibly dirty, not great at washing herself or cleaning her apartment (her backgrounds have always been an absoulute tip since I started watching her in Boston) so I really dread to think how bad Dan must be! :ROFLMAO: Maybe she's just fed up catching stds/uti's from him. They're both disgusting really.

These are very normal, average American people that I know in real life. The fact that you are slandering them on an internet forum shows that you have poor character. Get a hobby, witch.

• Haha
These are very normal, average American people that I know in real life. The fact that you are slandering them on an internet forum shows that you have poor character. Get a hobby, witch.
Omg hi Cassie, did you google yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Have you only recently met Cassie @hiddengems ?
It's just that Cassie has spent previous years being very nasty about people publicly on her youtube videos? The evidence is all there in her own videos.
Nobody is slandering her. Everything commented on usually comes from the content that Cassie herself has chosen to present her viewer with. It's sad because most of her viewers used to love her. She used to seem lovely but became bitter and snide. I'm hoping Dan has softened that side of her now as she does seem happier.
Might also be worth remembering that Cassie's favourite hobby is watching what she calls "trash tv" and bitching about the contestants. To many people Cassie is their trash tv. So next time Cassie mentions trash tv night I suggest you tell her to "get a hobby, witch".