This Is Us

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just finished watching the whole series.

My thoughts:

- The first couple of seasons, I really disliked Kate because her entire storyline revolves around her weight. I had to skip every scene with her because of this. She grew on me after she and Toby got kids and he lost weight. That said, I really didn’t like what she did to Toby when he’d clearly landed his dream job in SF and he really seemed to get along with his coworkers. She really hijacked him and got him to leave it behind for a lower paying job in LA. Plus, she didn’t seem super supportive after he lost his job.

- Miguel’s story didn’t get enough screen time. I really did like Miguel. He seemed like such a sweet, stable and reliable person. To be honest, I liked him better than Jack. Yes, Jack was charismatic and a great dad, but he had vices and a lot of baggage.

- Sophie was a useless character. She was boring and brought no added value to the show. She was just floating around here and there. I honestly preferred Madison. Sophie was too plain and pretty much in Kevin’s shadow the whole time. The second to last episode, she probably had 5 lines max.

- I wish they had incorporated a bit more of Malik’s story in the flash forward. We don’t even know what his job is after graduating from Harvard.

Same with Annie, no clue what‘a going on with her. We know a lot about teenager and grown up Tess, but nothing about Annie. She was overlooked.

- Unpopular opinion but I didn’t like Rebecca once she got older. Something about her rubbed me the wrong way, particularly that scene where she asked Kevin to build her that house. It reeks of entitlement. I don’t care what kind of dynamic you have with your children, asking them to build a house for you is over the top.

- Loved Nicky’s dry’s humor. He was a good addition! I’m glad he found love eventually.

- Loved William. He seemed like a kind soul.

My opinions may be unpopular but hey ho.

The one thing I gotta say though is this show is a did a good job in terms of diversity (across the entire series).
the actress that played Sophie started filming virgin river along the same time so I think they cut her part down a lot due to that, would of been nice to have seen more of her and Kevin’s storyline

Reactions: 2
I just finished watching the whole series.

My thoughts:

- The first couple of seasons, I really disliked Kate because her entire storyline revolves around her weight. I had to skip every scene with her because of this. She grew on me after she and Toby got kids and he lost weight. That said, I really didn’t like what she did to Toby when he’d clearly landed his dream job in SF and he really seemed to get along with his coworkers. She really hijacked him and got him to leave it behind for a lower paying job in LA. Plus, she didn’t seem super supportive after he lost his job.

- Miguel’s story didn’t get enough screen time. I really did like Miguel. He seemed like such a sweet, stable and reliable person. To be honest, I liked him better than Jack. Yes, Jack was charismatic and a great dad, but he had vices and a lot of baggage.

- Sophie was a useless character. She was boring and brought no added value to the show. She was just floating around here and there. I honestly preferred Madison. Sophie was too plain and pretty much in Kevin’s shadow the whole time. The second to last episode, she probably had 5 lines max.

- I wish they had incorporated a bit more of Malik’s story in the flash forward. We don’t even know what his job is after graduating from Harvard.

Same with Annie, no clue what‘a going on with her. We know a lot about teenager and grown up Tess, but nothing about Annie. She was overlooked.

- Unpopular opinion but I didn’t like Rebecca once she got older. Something about her rubbed me the wrong way, particularly that scene where she asked Kevin to build her that house. It reeks of entitlement. I don’t care what kind of dynamic you have with your children, asking them to build a house for you is over the top.

- Loved Nicky’s dry’s humor. He was a good addition! I’m glad he found love eventually.

- Loved William. He seemed like a kind soul.

My opinions may be unpopular but hey ho.

The one thing I gotta say though is this show is a did a good job in terms of diversity (across the entire series).
I don’t like Rebecca either

Reactions: 1
I finished this today and had been keeping up with the thread, managing to avoid any spoilers (so thank you!).

I am bereft. I don’t want to sound like the wacky Facebookers because I’m not quite that involved, but yeah I just feel a general sadness 😢

The series as a whole is just so well done. I don’t think I’ll watch anything like it again, that’s filmed this way and it just works. Yes, there were certain things that I didn’t like, characters I didn’t like. A lot of them had flaws but that’s just normal isn’t it? It just shows that nothing and nobody is perfect.

I wondered whether Kate wouldn’t make it in time tbh, because that’s something that could happen in real life and would show that things don’t always go as planned.

My favourite character was Beth, she’s just wonderful in every way. Thankfully they turned Randall around again mid way through S6, he was always my favourite up until the obvious part. Still my favourite kid and teen though 🥰

I feel sad for Katoby but again, I’m pleased that if they were going to split up, it was done in a really normal every day way. Loved their interactions after they’d split up too. Kate still went to him towards the end for advice and Toby’s line “Should we get back together?” was funny.

I feel like there are certain scenes/moments I want to rewatch though as they feel so long ago. I had about a 3 year gap of not watching at one point, but got straight back into it which is the sign of a good show.

• Heart
Reactions: 7