This Alaska Life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An Alaskan family of 6 with the mum, Lauren, vlogging their adventures and weekly Costco haul. It started out being mostly about Costco and local grocery stores and how much pricier everything is in Alaska. But nowadays she regularly shows what they are up to as a family - they are a fairly active bunch, hunting, fishing, outdoorsy stuff. Their side channel (AlaskaBoys, about the dad and their sons' adventures) hasn't been updated in a while. I think they are a pleasant watch - their boys are on camera fair bit, but as far as I can see as willing participants.

They are currently pregnant with twin girls and Lauren is doing some content about it (I don't doubt its getting her views and subscribers but I think at this point it is also very carthatic. By the latest video there are major problems with her pregnancy. I am very nervous for them). They want/ed to do a virtual baby shower (everything is a bit in the air now with the complications) and I am amazed how many people have sent them gifts. They are at 50k followers at the moment and there is hardly any sponsored content.

https://www.youtube.com/@ThisAlaskaLife

I've never followed someone like this 'from the beginning' and I am interested to see how/if their content changes once they hit the big numbers. But for now, I just hope there isn't bad news.

Reactions: 1
An Alaskan family of 6 with the mum, Lauren, vlogging their adventures and weekly Costco haul. It started out being mostly about Costco and local grocery stores and how much pricier everything is in Alaska. But nowadays she regularly shows what they are up to as a family - they are a fairly active bunch, hunting, fishing, outdoorsy stuff. Their side channel (AlaskaBoys, about the dad and their sons' adventures) hasn't been updated in a while. I think they are a pleasant watch - their boys are on camera fair bit, but as far as I can see as willing participants.

They are currently pregnant with twin girls and Lauren is doing some content about it (I don't doubt its getting her views and subscribers but I think at this point it is also very carthatic. By the latest video there are major problems with her pregnancy. I am very nervous for them). They want/ed to do a virtual baby shower (everything is a bit in the air now with the complications) and I am amazed how many people have sent them gifts. They are at 50k followers at the moment and there is hardly any sponsored content.

https://www.youtube.com/@ThisAlaskaLife

I've never followed someone like this 'from the beginning' and I am interested to see how/if their content changes once they hit the big numbers. But for now, I just hope there isn't bad news.
One of the babies has died unfortunately. When I first came across them I quite like them, but they are clickbaiting the hell out of this pregnancy (aka making money out of it) and I also think that it's beyond disgusting that a family who clearly live very comfortably held an online baby shower. Greedy grifters.

One of the babies has died unfortunately. When I first came across them I quite like them, but they are clickbaiting the hell out of this pregnancy (aka making money out of it) and I also think that it's beyond disgusting that a family who clearly live very comfortably held an online baby shower. Greedy grifters.
yeah, finally someone to talk to about this YTer đź‘‹

The baby shower thing irked me too. There sure were a lot of people asking for it, and I even saw comments (after she lost the one baby) asking whether she would go forward with the virtual baby shower and that they were waiting for confirmation before sending something - which I took as 'I am not sending something unless I get a mention and a thank you in a video'. Family vloggers attract a weird crowd. Plus, they are Mormons (I think) and get some religious folk as well (although tbf they don't mention religious stuff much. The comment sections on the other hand, make me very sweaty, they can get very prayer circle).
Did you see how much stuff was on their Target and Amazon baby list? At least they are donating the surplus.

yeah, finally someone to talk to about this YTer đź‘‹

The baby shower thing irked me too. There sure were a lot of people asking for it, and I even saw comments (after she lost the one baby) asking whether she would go forward with the virtual baby shower and that they were waiting for confirmation before sending something - which I took as 'I am not sending something unless I get a mention and a thank you in a video'. Family vloggers attract a weird crowd. Plus, they are Mormons (I think) and get some religious folk as well (although tbf they don't mention religious stuff much. The comment sections on the other hand, make me very sweaty, they can get very prayer circle).
Did you see how much stuff was on their Target and Amazon baby list? At least they are donating the surplus.
I didn't look at their list because the whole thing disgusted me so much. And yay finding someone else to talk about them as well. Nice to meet you.
Do you happen to watch a channel called the Outdoor Boys? Huge channel - 5.3 million subscribers. The guy does extreme fishing/ hiking/ camping type adventures, often with his three kids. I'm torn between thinking it's amazing, but also thinking that it's totally crazy in relation to safety - if he's remote camping with his 4 year old kid, what happens if he has an accident or medical emergency etc? Does he have the kids fully trained to be able to contact emergency help etc?

Do you happen to watch a channel called the Outdoor Boys? Huge channel - 5.3 million subscribers. The guy does extreme fishing/ hiking/ camping type adventures, often with his three kids. I'm torn between thinking it's amazing, but also thinking that it's totally crazy in relation to safety - if he's remote camping with his 4 year old kid, what happens if he has an accident or medical emergency etc? Does he have the kids fully trained to be able to contact emergency help etc?
I think I've watched a couple of their videos and got the impression the children weren't always that keen. Good point about safety.
In the past I thought that on TAL she usually films stuff (adventures) that they do anyway instead of going somewhere just for content - she does that sometimes with other thinks, like certain shops or the fast food tour, but not with trips or hunts they do with the children. And there were a few comments that indicated that they take stuff like teaching the kids about gun safety and stuff like that seriously (and there are hunting courses for children in Alaska) and teaching them how to handle the boats.
Returning to the safety aspect - I remember a video with Mark taking Hunter for a caribou shoot in the plane. I assume if something happened the older lads know how to use the plane radio to try an contact someone, but if they can't they are sitting ducks. That would actually be an interesting video for them to make, what they teach their children about safety.

I think I've watched a couple of their videos and got the impression the children weren't always that keen. Good point about safety.
In the past I thought that on TAL she usually films stuff (adventures) that they do anyway instead of going somewhere just for content - she does that sometimes with other thinks, like certain shops or the fast food tour, but not with trips or hunts they do with the children. And there were a few comments that indicated that they take stuff like teaching the kids about gun safety and stuff like that seriously (and there are hunting courses for children in Alaska) and teaching them how to handle the boats.
Returning to the safety aspect - I remember a video with Mark taking Hunter for a caribou shoot in the plane. I assume if something happened the older lads know how to use the plane radio to try an contact someone, but if they can't they are sitting ducks. That would actually be an interesting video for them to make, what they teach their children about safety.
I just saw on youtube that there is a notification about baby shower part two.

Yes, she mentioned she ran out of time in the first live because people sent so much stuff. Who are those people and are they as generous with their local charity as they are with a random Youtuber? Those parasocial SM relationships are so weird.