Things that you are sick of seeing on social media #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What the actual duck is a “baby moon?” I feel sick just reading the phrase

• Haha
Reactions: 17
When people write big long life stories all the time. Just say you want the likes and go.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That bleeping Wednesday adamms song and dance trend. Doing my bleeping head in and I don’t even have TikTok!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That bleeping Wednesday adamms song and dance trend. Doing my bleeping head in and I don’t even have TikTok!!!
I often wonder were people so devoid of creativity before social media? Or is it just more evident now that we can see it everywhere? These stupid trends of things is embarrassing

Reactions: 13
People smiling in photos with food in their teeth. It's one thing if the photo was taken just after a meal obvs, but often you just know they never floss. It's gross and how can you not see that massive glob staring you in the face??

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Sick of people posting things on my social media like they give a duck but blank my msgs when I get in touch.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Memory come up that I posted a few years ago now, a screenshot of my fitness pal walking distances in one week. Going to sit in a corner now and have a word with myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Sick of people posting things on my social media like they give a duck but blank my msgs when I get in touch.
Oh this happens to me too! They read my messages, ignore me, then I see they've liked something on Instagram!
Sometimes they don't even read my message.
I don't understand how you can ignore a message notification, knowing someone would like to talk to you, and is waiting for a reply. I could never do that. I'd feel really bad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've seen a few videos recently where they are filming something like a cake being baked or a dish being cooked but then the accompanying text is about something completely unrelated, like a story about how someone's boyfriend cheated. I never know whether to watch the video or read the story and sometimes halfway through, they'll switch to filming something completely different!

Reactions: 5
Oh this happens to me too! They read my messages, ignore me, then I see they've liked something on Instagram!
Sometimes they don't even read my message.
I don't understand how you can ignore a message notification, knowing someone would like to talk to you, and is waiting for a reply. I could never do that. I'd feel really bad.
Those people are not worth having in your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It amazes me the amount of people that complete it and act like its something monumental ?
To me it just says they've a big problem with alcohol if they think that's something to be proud of, not drinking alcohol for 4 weeks?
I was saying this to a pal last night. If you only drink moderately I can't see the point of denying yourself during the most depressing month of the year. Different maybe is someone normally goes over the top.

I've given up on that. The ones I've lost touch with never took the initiative to message me anyway. Ironic in the age of social media people have become way more lax about maintaining actual friendships

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I was saying this to a pal last night. If you only drink moderately I can't see the point of denying yourself during the most depressing month of the year. Different maybe is someone normally goes over the top.
Yeah that's one way of looking at it, but it's also a month when most people are skint and don't go out much, so in that way it can be a good month to do it. I don't see anything wrong with people doing dry January if they want to. At worst they fail, but they can also realise that maybe they do have a bit of a habit or they end up making a positive change,even if it's just for a month

Reactions: 6
Yeah that's one way of looking at it, but it's also a month when most people are skint and don't go out much, so in that way it can be a good month to do it. I don't see anything wrong with people doing dry January if they want to. At worst they fail, but they can also realise that maybe they do have a bit of a habit or they end up making a positive change,even if it's just for a month
Oh don't get me wrong, I get all that, I just prefer Lent in the springtime or whatever. I'm not flush in January either but I get paid fortnightly as opposed to monthly which helps.

Reactions: 3
Don’t hate me…but every other person on social media now labels themselves as ‘neurodivergent’ and honestly I’m sure it’s just another bandwagon. Nothing at all against those who may genuinely be, but I think the term is being thrown around way too easily at the moment.
It's gone to far when they start labeling their dogs with adhd like WTF

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.