Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few people have mentioned being milk monitor which i remember too, but we also had.....:the overhead projector job! 👀
Now that was a job that everyone wanted but it came with some pressure let me tell you!
Moving the hymn sheet down in time for everyone to sing along corrr i’d be sweating my pippets off.
From the tiny ant from the tiny ant to the elephantttt to the elephant...from the snake to the kangeroo..😆
Hope I’ve done this right! We still sing this song in school now (I work in year 1) we also sing the Paintbox song ‘cauliflowers fluffy and cabbages green’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
White musk perfume/oil in a glass vial from the BodyShop.
The Chart Show on ITV or channel 3 at it was.
Adverts for Guinness that were major productions...Tick follows Tock, Heres to you Ahab, the Toucans
Heather from M People belting out ‘You’ve got to search for the hero inside yourself’

Reactions: 10
Proper winters with snow and ice. Remember regularly walking to school in the 70s having snowball fights with the other kids all the way there.

Reactions: 4
Going to a kids disco on a Friday night and the big tunes being:
- 5ive - Everybody Get Up / Keep on Moving
- Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting (huh!!)
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing (how inappropriate, but it had a resurgence cos of The Full Monty!)
- The Cartoons - Witchdoctor
- Vengaboys - Boom Boom / Vengabus
- T-Spoon - Sex On the Beach (also inappropriate!)
- Aqua - Barbie Girl / Dr Jones
- Cotton Eyed Joe

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Going to a kids disco on a Friday night and the big tunes being:
- 5ive - Everybody Get Up / Keep on Moving
- Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting (huh!!)
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing (how inappropriate, but it had a resurgence cos of The Full Monty!)
- The Cartoons - Witchdoctor
- Vengaboys - Boom Boom / Vengabus
- T-Spoon - Sex On the Beach (also inappropriate!)
- Aqua - Barbie Girl / Dr Jones
- Cotton Eyed Joe
I went out on Saturday for the first time in years and ended up in a nightclub that haf3a floor dedicated to all these songs. I didn't get home until 3am 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Random one. Community spirit. When I was a kid I literally remember New Years street party’s and delivering Christmas cards to all the neighbours or when a lady up our road husband died everyone made her dinner for like a year. There’s no community any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.