Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those bath pearl things that had liquid inside and left a slimy bit on the bottom of the bath

Toys in cereal boxes

Reactions: 9
We have a trusty brass band and carol group come round every Christmas. They are woeful 😂

Tooty fruities. They were a fave of mine and they just... stopped them.

My mum buys me bags of Frisps all the time and they have cheese and onion. Think she gets the 6 pack from b&m
tootie frooties 😭😭😭😭 i loved them

Reactions: 4
A queue around the block to get into the cinema I remember queueing for over an hour to see titanic 😆😆 how sad.

Getting bike spoke reflectors in cereal.

Putting an old can or carton in the back wheel of your bike so it sounded like an engine.

The pop man that sold glass bottles of sasaparilla ,dandelion and burdoch .

Wearing a black sack on Halloween and asking for a penny.

Communal bonfire on bonfire night what every household in the area saved there old furniture and bits of wood all year round to burn.

The tattoo you got in a 2p bubbly.

Feeding 10+ cousins aunties, uncles and yourselves from the chip shop for less than a fiver .

The special days the school dinners had pink milkshake instead of water.

Being so good in class to get the spare milk.

Reactions: 6
Wimpy
Fuse bars
Friday night channel 4- Friends, Cybil, Frasier,Graham Norton Show. I used to run back from youth club to watch it. Same with Sunday Morning TV
Tubaloops

Wonderbra, I was always desperate to get one when I was older and then the boobs never came. I did use the gel insert bras, until I realised I was false advertising

A queue around the block to get into the cinema I remember queueing for over an hour to see titanic 😆😆 how sad.

Getting bike spoke reflectors in cereal.

Putting an old can or carton in the back wheel of your bike so it sounded like an engine.

The pop man that sold glass bottles of sasaparilla ,dandelion and burdoch .

Wearing a black sack on Halloween and asking for a penny.

Communal bonfire on bonfire night what every household in the area saved there old furniture and bits of wood all year round to burn.

The tattoo you got in a 2p bubbly.

Feeding 10+ cousins aunties, uncles and yourselves from the chip shop for less than a fiver .

The special days the school dinners had pink milkshake instead of water.

Being so good in class to get the spare milk.
Yes to cinema queues. When I saw Titanic they had an interval to change the tape!

Reactions: 4
Wimpy
Fuse bars
Friday night channel 4- Friends, Cybil, Frasier,Graham Norton Show. I used to run back from youth club to watch it. Same with Sunday Morning TV
Tubaloops

Wonderbra, I was always desperate to get one when I was older and then the boobs never came. I did use the gel insert bras, until I realised I was false advertising

Yes to cinema queues. When I saw Titanic they had an interval to change the tape!
weve got a wimpy where i live still

Reactions: 2
I also loved that programme where kids got to redesign two or three rooms in the house - parents would go away and come back and their kitchen would be like a 50s diner, a slice would replace the stairs and the bathroom would be like a rainforest etc etc. Used to realllllly want to go on that show!
My daughters loved that show... they wanted a slide to go from their bedroom through the ceiling into the living room 😂😂😂 There 24

No way! I have to take my husband as a treat- I'm that classy. Which town/city where our romantic weekend away be to?
I’m in South London and we’ve got one in Bermondsey and there’s also one in Eltham. And there’s one at Lakeside shopping centre in Essex. My husband loves it!

Reactions: 3
I’m in South London and we’ve got one in Bermondsey and there’s also one in Eltham. And there’s one at Lakeside shopping centre in Essex. My husband loves it!
Wow! Still in Eltham? I remember going there for my birthday treat and crying because I wasn’t allowed to go to the new McDonalds on the corner.😆

• Wow
Wow! Still in Eltham? I remember going there for my birthday treat and crying because I wasn’t allowed to go to the new McDonalds on the corner.😆
Yep! I took my mum in there for lunch a couple of months ago - I hadn’t been to one since Christmas Eve 1997 and I’m 30 soon!
Speaking of McDonalds though what happened to McDonalds birthday parties!! Where the birthday kid got the fancy throne and everyone just loved life with a balloon on a plastic stick!

Reactions: 12
No way! I have to take my husband as a treat- I'm that classy. Which town/city where our romantic weekend away be to?
sunny london borough of havering ..don't want to brag but theres one in Hornchurch and Romford.. i still love their quarter pounder with chees xx

Reactions: 1
Pizzaland.

Spudulike - apparently they went into administration in August, but some have reopened.

The chain of wonderful Stockpot restaurants in London. They even had one near Harrods. I used to go to the one near Leicester Square most frequently. Could get a wonderful bargainous square meal there.

Last edited:
Rimmel Heather Shimmer lipstick, Wella Colour Mousse in Copper and Body Shop Ananya perfume. And EX-CLA-MATION!!! (Make a statement without saying a word...)

Ghostwriter on the telly on wheels at primary school

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Omg this thread is heaven!!

Amongst so much that has been mentioned:
Hey arnold
The wild thornberrys
Rugrats

Going in to town on a Saturday allllllllll day with a friend, since the demise of Woolworths my town has turned into a no go zone. I feel so sad that my son won’t have the same experiences.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.