Things in life that have just quietly disappeared

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Atlantic 252. I absolutely loved listening to this, although the signal was pretty poor where I lived, so it would usually cut out

Reactions: 5
Are you born in 1988 like me? I remember every single πŸ˜‚. I used to try and make snails race on screwball scrabble and I HATED sunday evenings lol - we used to have our Sunday both and picnic dinner on the sofa though - do you remember just William?
August 1989 here, jumping in to say I love just William (present tense because I still remember parts and chuckle.) They were books that had a tape format and there was a tv show made. I had the books but they were a bit tough- the tapes were my favourite thing ever tho. So funny, so clever.
The tv show was great too. I wanted to be William and had a huge crush on him at the same time.
Any kind of naughty schoolboy type I seemed to gravitate towards. William one of the top but also Peter Pan (the Disney film bjt does anyone remember the cartoon Peter Pan and the pirates ? On citv I think. So good). Dennis the menaxe, Minnie the minx, huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer if anyone knew those stories and various film versions? Oh I suppose Harriet the spy was part of that. Naughty kids having adventures was my niche πŸ˜‚

a few years later falling for the Pete Doherty / libertines shambolic dream and being obsessed for most of my teens( 02-07 ish )kind of seems a natural progression...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Are you born in 1988 like me? I remember every single πŸ˜‚. I used to try and make snails race on screwball scrabble and I HATED sunday evenings lol - we used to have our Sunday both and picnic dinner on the sofa though - do you remember just William?
i was birn in 86 and remember all this! i LOVED just william

• Heart
Did anyone used to buy single cigarettes from the newsagents? They would tut and roll their eyes but still take your 10p for a single B&H. :LOL: I remember ten Silk Cut being 55p!
Creased 🀣 yeah a tab and a match 11p ..you made damn sure that match didn’t go out 🀣🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Shagbands πŸ™ˆ Wasn’t there a unspoken rule about the number or colour you had on your wrist meant you had done certain things? Or was that just my school?! πŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Shagbands πŸ™ˆ Wasn’t there a unspoken rule about the number or colour you had on your wrist meant you had done certain things? Or was that just my school?! πŸ˜‚
YES - something like that, or if you cut them it meant something?! That also might just be my school too πŸ˜‚

Omg πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ we used to called them shaggy bands I had about 500 my faves were the ones with glitter or neon πŸ˜‚

Eurotrash
Haha we were always told not to watch that so obviously we’d put it on and muted it πŸ˜‚

I have never known anyone remember this but we read a book at school called Frankies First Day - he was nervous and cried a river of tears...please tell me someone remembers it? Same with a chocolate bar called the secret it’s was hollow all the way through with like a chocolate mousse in it, those pink rectangles of this dusty sweet stuff it was gross thinking about it but I loved it! edible money, Lanky Larry chew bars, fizzy lizzys they were my
Mums pregnancy craving with my little brother. I loved my childhood πŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Speaking of euro trash does anyone remember how channel 5 used to show β€œerotic β€œ films at weekends? I vividly remember watching some with friends out of curiosity and quickly turning over if parents came in πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Speaking of euro trash does anyone remember how channel 5 used to show β€œerotic β€œ films at weekends? I vividly remember watching some with friends out of curiosity and quickly turning over if parents came in πŸ˜‚
Yes! I thought they were so rude when, in reality, it was just people rubbing up against each other for an eternity

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Creased 🀣 yeah a tab and a match 11p ..you made damn sure that match didn’t go out 🀣🀣
Ahaha I forgot about the match!! Or we'd try and get a light from anyone walking down the street or outside a pub. Huddling around each other in the winter catching that match flame. πŸ™„ πŸ˜†

• Haha
You sure it was Channel Five?? Channel Four had the "Red Triangle" films, I think they were "erotic".

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.